betterlovedoll.com

Frames

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Frames

Post by Jerry »

Okay... you said you wanted it... so I try to make it happen!

Anyway... let me start off with a simple lesson in HTML frames. These are how I get that spiffy menu on the left side of my Victoria's Closet web page.

I put the lesson right here in the forum for you to play with... FRAMES TUTORIAL

But hey... where is the fun unless you can download it and totally screw it up on your computer right? Sure... that's where the real fun is!

DOWNLOAD IT HERE IN ZIP FORMAT

It's only 7K so have a blast!
Jerry [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Nada

Frames

Post by Nada »

... Great Frames demo, Jerry... Thank you...

What I have heard with Frame Sites, is that Web Searchers like Google and others will not search into the Frame pages for data... And Translators do not seem to like them very much, either...

Jerry, what are you're thoughts on getting around these limitations???

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Frames

Post by Jerry »

The "index.html" page should have the META tags and enough content to catch the search engines.

If a search engine catches my page, I don't want it sending a viewer 5 pages deep into my site... I want them comming into the front door.

Would you want a search engine pointing someone at post 236 here at the forum... or at the main page? See what I mean... I don't see it as a limitaion.

Jerry

Nada

Frames

Post by Nada »

... Good point, Jerry... Meta Tags or Hidden Comments( <!-- dolls, sex, rock and roll, etc --> ) would be PLENTY for the Search engines in helping them to find your "Front Door" index page...

But,,, what of Translators and their current disability with Frames,,, please??? (Foreign visitors might LOVE your place, too.) [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Frames

Post by Jerry »

Actually it wouldn't normally be a problem. You can always right-click on a page to open it in a new window. Once that is done, this window could be fed to a translator.

Remember... the pages are plain HTML. Only the frames page routes them into individual screens. My web page is an exception in that I added some JavaScript to some of the pages when Netdoll was giving me a hard time. It doesn't always work... but at least it shows a copyright. Not counting that... it should work okay.

Jerry

INFORMATIONS