sexyrealsexdolls.com

GoPro Hero 9 a good Camera for Videos and Photos?

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

berthaBe

GoPro Hero 9 a good Camera for Videos and Photos?

Post by berthaBe »

Hey guys!

I am currently using my Smartphone, but really don't like the lens. I would like to take photographs and video. Usually close range, like 0-3 meters away from the target. The GoPro sounds like a good budget option, but I have absolute no idea about Photography or shooting Videos etc.

I am always feeling a bit disappointed with my pictures and videos, they never look how I want them to look. It always looks like you are an observer standing 10 meters away, and not right next to it, being right in the action!

Would the GoPro Hero 9 be an upgrade for me, or just offer me the same? I can't invest in professional equipment, that's just too expensive for me. The GoPro has everything in one device and some nice gear that comes with it, that would be the most I'd be able to spend with a clean conscience.

Any tips, pointers and help is welcome :)

Cheers.

gangooey
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: GoPro Hero 9 a good Camera for Videos and Photos?

Post by gangooey »

Honestly, I wouldn't go with a GoPro. I suppose they're good cameras for action oriented content; but not really the best bang for the buck for much else. What smartphone do you currently have? With the newer ones, you can get some really nice pictures and videos.

Most of the time bad quality doesn't result from the camera itself, but the lighting. Even with a professional camera; if your lighting is bad, your pictures/videos will be bad.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

No.
Go buy the cheapest SLR you can find at wallmart. The quality of todays SLRs is insanely good.
The oldest and cheapest cannon, nikon, pentax you can find will blow your mind.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Brunch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Brunch »

You could buy a second hand camera. SLR or compact. Both types works well for both photos and video. The difference is the size of the sensor and how the photos looks (depth of field / blurred background etc.). Cameras these days last for many many years. I have bought many used cams second hand, and they have all been excellent.

GoPro will probably disappoint you for doll shooting. As i remember the have fish-eye lens (or something similar), which could be - not so good - for doll photos.

Another thing is retouch and post-editing which is what really makes your photos pop. This is an important stage for all photo enthusiasts. For beginners there are a lot of free auto-fix apps you can download and run your photos through before posting. It usual makes a great difference and your photos will pop.

Video editing is a whole other thing, but also here you can get free editors that are really great - but there's a steep learning curve.

berthaBe

Post by berthaBe »

Thank you all for the input, almost made a purchase that I'd regret, good that I asked before I bought it out of an impulsive :). I have three LED Spotlights and one of those photography reflectors, which is a bit of work to set up (so I don't do it often haha, I'm a bit lazy).

Would something like this be a good Camera? https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DC-FZ8 ... B01NARXQ2E 300 € would fit into my budget very well, so I can get some more equipment, like another tripod etc.

Brunch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Brunch »

berthaBe wrote:...
Would something like this be a good Camera? https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DC-FZ8 ... B01NARXQ2E 300 €
It's an okay cam for video (4K) and decent for photos though a small sensor. Sensor is comparable with a small compact camera. But this camera is a "bridge" cam because it's in between a small compact cam and a big sensor SLR cam. Basically you get a nice value for the money with a big zoom and nice menu options etc., yet still a small sensor. Do you feel you would like the x60 zoom (which is almost too much for clear shots)? Because this zoom factor, is basically what this cam is branded for. Shooting long distance photos in nature like birds and landscapes etc.
The photo quality would be better with a bigger sensor (SLR, aps-c sensor), if that might be a concern for you? And if you don't NEED the exaggerated zoom option.
On the other hand Panasonic is known for their great video quality. And if high resolution video (4K) is a nice feature for you, you probably won't get that with a SLR in this price range. Then we're talking +1000 € for a new cam. Second hand though it's possible.

Pros: BIG zoom and high res video (4K) and good quality brand
Cons: SMALL sensor (1/2,3")

berthaBe

Post by berthaBe »

Thank you for the help :)! I will keep my eyes on Ebay and similar local sites for a nice used SLR Camera with some lenses for just taking pictures, and use the Bridge Cam for taking "quick" snapshots in the field and for all the video footage with controlled lightning inside. Wanting everything in one device just is not feasible with my limited funds.

I'll wait until after xmas and go for some nice deals / used ones, imho the best time.

INFORMATIONS