DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

PIB head connector

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
greenhorse
Active Poster
Active Poster

PIB head connector

Post by greenhorse »

Was going to purchase two heads from PIB... left a message and haven't heard back yet... thought it might worth it to post the question here as well.

1. what connector does PIB use on its heads?
2. any running promo now?

Thanks

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: PIB head connector

Post by phillip57 »

It's a friction fit. The neck is long, fits into a cavity in the bottom of the head. I use corn starch as a lubricant. The head is on snug, it won't fall of.

Phil

jblock
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jblock »

phillip57 wrote:It's a friction fit. The neck is long, fits into a cavity in the bottom of the head. I use corn starch as a lubricant. The head is on snug, it won't fall of.

Phil
Phil, could you post a pic of the bottom of the head? Be nice to understand how that works and possible adapters could be made. Patrick's heads are beautiful. I saw pics of that neck mod you did on yours, nice work!

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

jblock wrote:
phillip57 wrote:It's a friction fit. The neck is long, fits into a cavity in the bottom of the head. I use corn starch as a lubricant. The head is on snug, it won't fall of.

Phil
Phil, could you post a pic of the bottom of the head? Be nice to understand how that works and possible adapters could be made. Patrick's heads are beautiful. I saw pics of that neck mod you did on yours, nice work!

Jblock, Here are a couple of my Natalie head. Mind you this is one of the last of Patrick's made heads. The Chinese ones may be using a different method.

I had intended to make a "plug" of wood that would fit into the neck cavity which would enable the head to fit on a DS 145. A hole in the bottom center would house the female connector piece which I ordered from DS. I have no doubt you could do something similar.

Phil
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_2695.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2695.jpeg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 1126 times
fullsizeoutput_2696.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2696.jpeg (2.51 MiB) Viewed 1126 times
Drywall screws were going to fasten the three sections of the plug, the female mechanism would screw into the bottom.
Drywall screws were going to fasten the three sections of the plug, the female mechanism would screw into the bottom.
fullsizeoutput_2694.jpeg (2.66 MiB) Viewed 1126 times

jblock
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jblock »

Wow, that's alot deeper than I expected. I'm surprised there could still be room for oral in that head! I like your idea, your adapter would just replicate the spinner neck making the head easily swap-able. Brilliant.

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

jblock wrote:Wow, that's alot deeper than I expected. I'm surprised there could still be room for oral in that head! I like your idea, your adapter would just replicate the spinner neck making the head easily swap-able. Brilliant.

This head has no oral function, though Patrick has said the ones from DollCabin do, which has me think that the head connection on the Chinese spinners may be different.

Phil
Attachments
kOU182+PTRyqZ6g56OiyFg.jpg
kOU182+PTRyqZ6g56OiyFg.jpg (987.55 KiB) Viewed 1098 times

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

DollCabin says their Spinner has the same head connector as other TPE dolls.

Phil

jblock
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jblock »

Great news, thanks. Your pics of Natalie are amazing!

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

Thanks!
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_268c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_268c.jpeg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 1044 times

INFORMATIONS