Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Most "Popular" Real Doll Heads

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Most "Popular" Real Doll Heads

Post by ZZ48UUP »

Hi everyone.

I'm debating on pulling the trigger on what I hope will be a BF deal, but the current 1,000 off promo has me considering on purchasing now. That said, I'm not seeing the combination I'm looking for and I'd like to get some additional opinions.

My top choice is a Body A with a Tanya head. I am in love with the glamour shots on Tanya 1.0. Then when I see the glamour photos on Tanya 2.0, I'm not as sure. I had the same opinion with Laila. I really like Laila 2.0 but not 1.0 as much.

I don't know if I can trust the glamour pictures so I'm wondering what the consensus for the most attractive heads are from those of you who have Real Dolls already. Bonus points to head choices currently paired with the Body A on the Real Doll site on the "Browse Dolls" option.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

mozaix

Re: Most "Popular" Real Doll Heads

Post by mozaix »

I had a realdoll classic 7 years ago. Was body 2 (B) with the Kaori face. So many things have changed since then, so I can't really speak from experience on the new dolls. But you can trust the pictures pretty much.

Also, I just wanted to point out that Tanya, Rebecca, Natalie and a few others + all the Wicked RD faces are full heads and not magnetic. The magnetic ones will be easier to swap if you buy more faces later. Full heads might look a bit better from some perspectives, but I don't know as I don't have a new RD yet (have one on order though). Sorry if I made your decision harder. :)

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

Hey Mozaix, thanks for your feedback. I noticed that about the full head vs magnetic. I've heard Rebecca looks great IRL as well but the magnetic ones offer that flexibility. If I went with Laila, I could easily swap out to Quinn. I think Quinn looks great, but then when I saw the glamour pictures of the Quinn petite, I was back to questioning myself.

Can I ask how long ago you placed your order and what they're telling you for lead times?

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals, I get my back into my living

Post by young guy »

Not sure if this will help ZZ48UUP, but here are a few shots of the tan body A Laila I got earlier this year.
IMG_20210512_183025948a.jpg
IMG_20210512_183025948a.jpg (974.46 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
IMG_20210718_194224067a.jpg
IMG_20210718_194224067a.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 1593 times
IMG_20210807_192825095a.jpg
IMG_20210807_192825095a.jpg (1018.77 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
I wasn't sure I really liked this face in the pics before I bought her, but once she got here, I really fell in love with it. To start with, she always looks like she has a faint smile, and with the brown eyes in the smaller eye openings she looks very lifelike no matter the camera angle. In the last pic, you can see the worst part of the magnetic face; it really does just hang on the skull. The full head faces, like the Tanya, are much more realistic from various angles. Not sure I saw this combination on their website, so hope this helps.
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

siliconforest
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by siliconforest »

ZZ48UUP wrote:I don't know if I can trust the glamour pictures so I'm wondering what the consensus for the most attractive heads are from those of you who have Real Dolls already.
That's a subjective question and unlikely to draw a consensus. The head you like is the one you own and everyone's tastes are different.

But I understand your dilemma. The problem is that there are so many possible combinations of faces, makeup, eyes, hair, skin tones, etc. that it's impossible to have photo samples for every single option. And even when it's the same face as you've mentioned the 1.0 and 2.0 versions, hair, lighting, and makeup can make it look very different. In some respects, it's a leap of faith in that unless you're buying a doll that's matching the photo 100%, it's not easy to predict what you'll find when you open the crate on delivery day. Abyss does nice work and no matter how many photos you look at, it's still a different experience to see them in the flesh, er, silicone. :wink:

The forum here is a very nice resource to compliment the glamor shots on the RealDoll site. Young Guy was kind enough to post a Laila photo and there's quite a few Tanyas on here as well (check out Dani's thread in the RD2 section). Just dig around and check out the photos of different dolls by different photographers and that might help get a better feel for the face you fancy.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Don't worry ZZ48UUP! You WILL find a doll that speaks to you or maybe she'll pick you!

Here are plenty of pics of Tasha; RD Petite 3 Sky custom configuration

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=142665

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=142367

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=145953

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=144100&p=2019867

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=145184

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=145054

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=144203

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=143846

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=61061. (back to 2015!!)

And Her sister Talia. - Talia is the same body type but a "Dark Sky" configuration.

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=146255

Other Real Doll Faces I have had are

Kalena - Sai face Petite 4
Caterina- Michelle Face Body D and Petite 4
Gina. Laila Face. Body A, Body D and Peitie 4
Gina Brigitte- Olivia Face Body D Petite 4
Mariska- Carmen Face Body D/Petite 4
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

I have both of those heads - may be V1's (circa 2017), and are lovely. I have many posts showing them here, and on Instagram/Twitter

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

mozaix

Post by mozaix »

ZZ48UUP wrote:Hey Mozaix, thanks for your feedback. I noticed that about the full head vs magnetic. I've heard Rebecca looks great IRL as well but the magnetic ones offer that flexibility. If I went with Laila, I could easily swap out to Quinn. I think Quinn looks great, but then when I saw the glamour pictures of the Quinn petite, I was back to questioning myself.

Can I ask how long ago you placed your order and what they're telling you for lead times?
I really like Rebecca too. She is one of my favorites among with Tanya, Natalie and Asa Akira the most. I also fancy Laila, Quinn, Stephanie and Michelle.

I know it is not easy to make a choice among all the different options available, but I am pretty sure you will end up satisfied. I still remember how surprised I was when I opened the crate when I recieved my first Realdoll 11 years ago. It just looked so much better in the flesh than on the pictures.

I made the payment for my new doll 2 weeks ago and received an email with expected lead time to be 16-20 weeks. It might be different depending on the type of body you chose. I think body D and F might have bigger backlog, but this is just my speculations.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

The Stephanie face as is from Abyss. No special camera, in natural room lighting.
IMG_6136 (2).JPG
IMG_6136 (2).JPG (318.08 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
<em>I know the good artist</em>

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

mozaix wrote:
ZZ48UUP wrote:Hey Mozaix, thanks for your feedback. I noticed that about the full head vs magnetic. I've heard Rebecca looks great IRL as well but the magnetic ones offer that flexibility. If I went with Laila, I could easily swap out to Quinn. I think Quinn looks great, but then when I saw the glamour pictures of the Quinn petite, I was back to questioning myself.

I really like Rebecca too. She is one of my favorites among with Tanya, Natalie and Asa Akira the most. I also fancy Laila, Quinn, Stephanie and Michelle.

I know it is not easy to make a choice among all the different options available, but I am pretty sure you will end up satisfied. I still remember how surprised I was when I opened the crate when I recieved my first Realdoll 11 years ago. It just looked so much better in the flesh than on the pictures.

I made the payment for my new doll 2 weeks ago and received an email with expected lead time to be 16-20 weeks. It might be different depending on the type of body you chose. I think body D and F might have bigger backlog, but this is just my speculations.
Check with Brick- He might have an idea about lead times.

Bodies D and F are much heavier than others. - FYI
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS