www.wmdolls.com

Buyer Beware -- Ebay Transaction Gone Wrong.

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
PermanentSexHair

Buyer Beware -- Ebay Transaction Gone Wrong.

Post by PermanentSexHair »

Two months ago I bought a doll off of Ebay through a vendor offering dolls at a steep discount. He explained that his mode of business was handling seconds and rejected dolls from major vendors, that he had specific connections with those vendors. He bought said dolls, resold them at a discount under his store and stood by to handle any issues or disputes.

Doll #1 has been a continued source of amusement, pleasure and joy in my life. So much so I bought a second one, different model of course.

She arrived, had her less than ten days. That's ten days she basically stayed stretched out in a horizontal low stress position for storage while I got some affairs in order on my end. I had some fun with her, sat her up on a chair to clean her and redress her.

While I was in the process of preparing the cleaning solution I use (basically a mild scented shampoo that was recommended) -- I heard a weird POP followed by a CRASH. I turn around, Doll #2 had broken in roughly in line with her belly-button was now stretched/hanging by torn material. By the time I walked over there she had ripped completely in half.

Folks, I'm a metal worker by trade. I can recognize a bad weld, and I can recognize a weld where the welder didn't even make an effort.
Defect 1.jpg
Defect 1.jpg (791.34 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
Defect 2.jpg
Defect 2.jpg (664.5 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
Look closely you can see where it wasn't welded at all. It was welded along one side only and very badly. It looks almost like a quick and dirty tack weld rather than a proper joint weld.

The joint separated under the weight of the doll sitting upright, causing her entire torso to split apart. She literally self-destructed under her own weight.

My concern is this -- had I been really enjoying her the way I enjoy Doll #1 in the same positions, if that joint had separated while I had my weight shifted, I could have fallen very badly. Especially if I was up on the bed. Or just carrying her. That much weight shifting suddenly could throw my back.

So I'm reviewing Rule#10 here and clarifying a few points with the staff before I proceed. I will mention this: I am currently in a full-blown dispute. Vendor basically took the position that he'll sell me another at $300 ($150 off) but this defect manifested after arrival and therefore he cannot do anything more. After all how can I prove that I wasn't doing something untoward.

That's after his whole "if anything goes wrong I'll do whatever it takes to make it right." After telling me over private messages that yes he sells factory seconds/rejects.

Once I have a clear-er direction on the dispute/resolution I will elaborate on which Ebay seller it is, with actual verifiable proof. I know some of us due to budget restrictions will turn to Ebay for dolls despite the warnings -- I know I did. If the seller agrees to resolve this to my satisfaction(*) I will consider it a good day. If this become a fight like it looks like it's about to, I'll do whatever it takes withing the bounds of TDF rules and guidelines to make sure no one ends up in this situation again.

(*) I want a refund as it is a defect in manufacturing of such a nature as to render the doll unsafe, in fact it manifested in such a way the product collapsed and tore itself apart. I think a refund in those circumstances is not out of line. I stop short of a replacement, as I am not going to buy another potentially dangerous item from him.
"Many people have sex-elves. Only I have a sex Romulan."

Slayers

Re: Buyer Beware -- Ebay Transaction Gone Wrong.

Post by Slayers »

IF you entered into this deal knowing the dolls are seconds and rejects I feel the vendor disclosed all the facts and bargained faithfully. When you buy a defective product you assume all liability. Not all defects are going to be present to the naked eye. Just because someone says theyll make it right doesnt always mean theyll do what you want their definition of "right" might just be a discount on your next purchase not a refund.
#1. Always fully inspect product as soon as it arrives.document all problems
#2. get clarification of warranty.What will they do to make it right ,just what are their policies.
#3. BUYER BEWARE
The Extraordinary is in what we do.....NOT who we are
Where Angels Fall ,And Gods Fear... Slayers Thrive
https://www.instagram.com/brinslayer/

PermanentSexHair

Zoey wrote:IF you entered into this deal knowing the dolls are seconds and rejects I feel the vendor disclosed all the facts and bargained faithfully. When you buy a defective product you assume all liability. Not all defects are going to be present to the naked eye. Just because someone says they'll make it right doesn't always mean they'll do what you want their definition of "right" might just be a discount on your next purchase not a refund.

Less than two weeks ownership before a serious manufacturing defect that could have very easily lead to an injury manifested. I'd take a partial refund.

Not "well it was fine when I shipped it I'll sell you another one, send me money."

That is NOT how you conduct business.

This just arrived:
Regards.jpg
Regards.jpg (81.52 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
"It was fine when I sent it, therefore too bad."

That's a defect in manufacturing that exceeds the cosmetic and molding defects that his line is supposed to have. When I decided to to business with him that's what the communication was.

Not gross structural defects that cause said doll to literally collapse under her own weight.

#2. get clarification of warranty.What will they do to make it right ,just what are their policies.
Do not put words up on a screen on the busiest e-commerce site in the world if you do not intend to uphold them. Especially since social media and echo-chambers can ruin a reputation in the blink of an eye. That's why we have Rule 10 here. That said, I replied back asking for at least a partial refund given the item failed catastrophically under it's own weight after such a short period of time.
#3. BUYER BEWARE
Yes.

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Dolls + Ebay = Screwed
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Ordering Dolls from Ebay has always been risky business, Ali Express used to be just as risky, if not more but you can no longer get Dolls from Ali, if you live in the Western Hemisphere.

PermanentSexHair

As it stands now he's offering 50% off an identical doll shipped from his warehouse.

I told him I want a refund as his product is unsafe (structural defects) and I am going to get Ebay involved.

One thing I found curious about this transaction:

When I hit BUY he messaged me within a few hours and told me to send positive feedback right away. I told him that I would send feedback once the item arrived. He did this with BOTH orders.

That's how he has such a positive reputation, he gets people to feedback before anything arrives. Can't prove it but based on the interaction I have had with him I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that's how he presets such a high feedback. He couldn't possibly have such a rating with his attitude and unwillingness to follow through.

PermanentSexHair

PLAYBALL.jpg
PLAYBALL.jpg (120.66 KiB) Viewed 1210 times

Ok, here we go. Attached is a screen grab of his name and contact information.

This response is in two parts:

I've been active on here and in chat both dolls were identified as models produced by other vendors. Now my guy claims he gets them under some sort of legit agreement and resells them under his brand as seconds. Or that's what he claimed originally. That's a fact and I will back that up shortly.

Now he is claiming that his brand is brand-new dolls similar to popular models. Yet the two brand names he uses in his store do not yield product similar to what he posts. Or at least they didn't as of this evening. This can be backed up as a fact.

It is my OPINION that he's a counterfeit dealer at the very least.

His images are watermarked LOX DOLL and a quick google returns no hits.
Fact.jpg
Fact.jpg (91.51 KiB) Viewed 1210 times

Now this portion of his ad lists the doll as both LOX DOLL and Love Honey Perfect Partner.

Googling Love Honey Perfect Partner brings up this:

https://www.lovehoney.com/sex-toys/male ... sex-dolls/

...not even CLOSE.

I called him out this evening, told him that I effectively caught him selling under two bogus brand names, that TDF members identified the dolls as either seconds or counterfeits of two branded dolls... and that I require a full refund. Should he refuse I will take my findings to Ebay and Paypal and force the issue.

Ebay actually has my back on this. One the item was defective it broke under it's own weight. That I can prove with photos showing the bad welds. And I can send the followup links showing at least one identical doll being sold by a branded vendor once I do a bit more digging on that. I want to be 100% sure. AND I can prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that he's using a brand name improperly without permission.

It'll probably be a few weeks yet but it looks like this is going to full dispute but I can virtually count on getting a full refund at this point.

Moral of the story is -- no more doing business with EBAY vendors.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Save copies of all of your communications with the seller and don't wait too long to pursue a refund if you think you need to. There is a time limit for doing so and you won't want to wait too long. Keep us posted.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

PermanentSexHair

CF wrote:Save copies of all of your communications with the seller and don't wait too long to pursue a refund if you think you need to. There is a time limit for doing so and you won't want to wait too long. Keep us posted.
I hit that button as soon as I realized what happened. The communication has been going on in the foreground.

Ebay's policy is "try to work it out and if you reach this date without a resolution it becomes a formal dispute."

That's Friday.

By the time Friday hits I'll have a mountain of evidence to drop into this.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Very good. Keep us posted.
Viva la megaboobs!

PermanentSexHair

So the vendor sent me a message "you may return item" and opened a return ticket.

Wants me to ship it back to China. Problem is, the shipping box exceeds the dimension permitted by the Ebay return label.

I hit "Ask Ebay To Step In" at this point, it's out of my hand.

Funny how it shipped from "California warehouse" but he wants it returned to mainland China...

Anyway probably no updates until Ebay makes a ruling.

PermanentSexHair

Final chapter:

Seller informed me that I was required to return the damaged item to China for inspection, sent me an address but no shipping paperwork.

So I pushed the "Ask EBAY to step in" button. There is literally such a button buried in the help section.

Refund was in my account at 530AM this morning.

This chapter of my doll adventure is now closed.

If anyone has any specific questions regarding what happened or how I solved it, hit me up! Otherwise -- moving on.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Glad it all worked out!
Viva la megaboobs!

Dolllover25

Post by Dolllover25 »

CF wrote:Glad it all worked out!
Gotta love eBay for the advantage of a safer transaction.

INFORMATIONS