I had SUPER high expectations

Reviews on Booty Call Dolls Sales and Services
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Sales and Support experience reviews.
Product reviews should be posted in the manufacturer review forum, unless the product is exclusive offered by this vendor.
All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
hschade

I had SUPER high expectations

Post by hschade »

Based on reviews and posts here on TDF I decided to contact Jeff at BCD when I decided to order a 2nd/replacement doll.
I figured w/ him being the miracle worker people carried on about, he must be able to walk on water too and maybe even fly. :D

Once I was pretty close to what I expected was the end of my research and decision making on what features I wanted, I contacted Jeff.
Being mid Feb (CNY still in effect) and needing to wait on one more paycheck to have enough money saved up, based on rough estimates from web site ordering pages, I knew there would be some delay before my order would actually be placed.
Jeff was able to confirm my rough price estimates were in range, and probably even a little high.

I had one last major decision to make, but needed some information from Jeff, from the Vendor (Starpery), so I could decide between the 169cm (C+ cup) or 160cm (C cup) body.
This has been the only time Jeff let me down. I realize now it was all out of his control. He did inform me he had contacted Evan, asking for the 160cm measurements, but with CNY was not sure when he would get the info.
It took almost 2 weeks before I finally got the info; for someone who could walk on water and maybe fly, I was starting to question if I had picked the right vendor.

About two days before CNY was about to end (from the rough idea the internet was able to provide me) I sent Jeff all my requirements, now that I had made my body height decision. Jeff responded within a few hours verifying some of the info I had provided, and getting clarification on a few others, and informed me that there would be additional questions, about the customizations I wanted. A day or so later Jeff and I sent a BUNCH of emails back and forth going over the face customizations I wanted and how to simplify them to try and lower the initial (almost shocking) large cost Starpery had quoted for them. After all that typing and simple photo editing we ended up w/ customizations I was happy with, and that drastically reduced the price.
We then sent a small number of emails back and forth about the body customizations I desired, and having learned from the face effort got a reasonable cost back from Starpery the first time.

During all the emailing above, my preference for communication, Jeff did end up calling me once when I did not respond, right away, to one of his email questions, to make sure I was aware of the needed choice and to also make sure his email had not gotten overlooked.

A few days later Jeff had a question for me about the standing feet option I wanted, and in our emails back and forth Jeff mentioned that the purchase order had it listed as "no bolt standing feet".

Then Jeff went silent on me again for a couple days. :(
I started seeing here on TDF that people were posting that their order had just been placed, and I was starting to wonder about mine; When was Jeff going to tell me my order was in? I know a purchase order typically means an order has been placed, but I wanted to KNOW my order was in. A quick email to Jeff and within a couple hours he confirmed my order was in.

So in summary......
I'm pretty positive Jeff can NOT walk on water or fly. :(
I'm NOT sure Jeff can work miracles, but it sure feels like he can. :)
Jeff is human, and is not perfect.
As mentioned above in my review, there were a time, maybe 2, that I think he could have handled/done things differently but nothing in hindsight that was really a problem.

The only other thing that annoyed ME, that Jeff did, was the grammar in his emails was not always perfect. Did it hinder our interactions or cause any issues with my order? No, not in the least. As I said it is ME. Sending emails most of my day, communicating w/ corporate management, this is an area I have had to work on personally, and coworkers provide criticism all the time on ways things could have been worded better. So again this just an annoyance I have.

I amVERY happy w/ the service BCD (Jeff) has been able to provide so far in the process of purchasing a doll, and I expect they/he will continue to provide excellent customer service support, even through the build and shipping stages of my order.

If I'm ever in the position to need/want another doll I will definately be chatting with Jeff and BCD again.
Emma -- wm157B (clone) -- Measurements and sizes
Natalie (Nat) (photos) -- Starpery 169C (Sarah) -- Measurements and sizes -- Order specs

INFORMATIONS