sanhuiofficial.com

まりや arrived

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
lars77
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: まりや arrived

Post by lars77 »

kanna wrote:My doll (Kanna) has been needing this kind of treatment almost since the day I got her. She's TPE, though, so not quite as easy to get the glue for closing her up after that. For now I'm just dealing with her head not being able to stay up unless lined very close to gravity. I'm not very enthusiastic about the idea of cutting into her neck.

Anyway, congratulations about successful operation! まりや is a doll I came very close to ordering myself at one point. For now, I've abandoned the idea as I've seen too many cases of quality problems with Sanhui's dolls.
Hi Kanna and his owner :wink:

Can TPE not be bond only by heat and some other TPE to melt together? But also if possible - it sounds difficult... :( I will provide some more information, how i have located the neck joint and what could be the cause. Maybe, this could also help you, if you decide to cut into Kanna's neck.

I can understand that well. I hope, SANHUI will improve this things and will continuous work on quality. Something like these broken backs must not happen... In relation to that, my fix was easy. But I hope, I have to do it never again

Zanarkand wrote: So it was a success then :D
Looks really great, I will surely do this as well now, might wait for my 2nd to arrive... Not sure :mrgreen:

Also, Mrs. Giraffe is amazing :haha4:
Hi Zanarkand :D

Yes, it was. Some finish is still to do, but it looks already good.

Maybe Mrs. Giraffe now gets a nickname: "Wiggy" :mrgreen:

tpefan19
Ex-Member

Post by tpefan19 »

Lars, you are quite a mechanic and a surgeon... :glou:

But you just got Mariya in December, didn't you?... I have been planning for a 145cm Sanghui sometime this spring, but this is giving me a 2nd thought... loose neck in just 2 months is plain bad quality control !!!

I have had my 1st Piper (no hanging hook) for almost a year... her neck still holds firm, and has always been easy to tilt and turn. My 2nd Piper (with hanging hook) has a much stiffer neck, can tilt up/down and side to side, but hard to turn (may be because so it can be hung for storage?)... Both together don't cost that much more than one Sanhui of similar size (I know tpe costs less than silicone, but a Sanhui's frame/neck should be just as good or better than a Piper's frame/neck)

lars77
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by lars77 »

tpefan19 wrote:Lars, you are quite a mechanic and a surgeon... :glou:

But you just got Mariya in December, didn't you?... I have been planning for a 145cm Sanghui sometime this spring, but this is giving me a 2nd thought... loose neck in just 2 months is plain bad quality control !!!

I have had my 1st Piper (no hanging hook) for almost a year... her neck still holds firm, and has always been easy to tilt and turn. My 2nd Piper (with hanging hook) has a much stiffer neck, can tilt up/down and side to side, but hard to turn (may be because so it can be hung for storage?)... Both together don't cost that much more than one Sanhui of similar size (I know tpe costs less than silicone, but a Sanhui's frame/neck should be just as good or better than a Piper's frame/neck)
In fact, it was almost loose after 3 weeks... :cry:

Nothing seems to be breaked and the nut cannot been loose itself, because of an welding point on it. It must be another cause...

kanna
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by kanna »

lars77 wrote:In fact, it was almost loose after 3 weeks... :cry:
Same story here :cry: Well, it's just half-loose somehow. Feels like there's 2 hinges and only one of those is loose. If I rotate the non loose one, I can partially control what angle the head stops free falling.
lars77 wrote:Nothing seems to be breaked and the nut cannot been loose itself, because of an welding point on it. It must be another cause...
What my vendor (sandro from dollstudio) was guessing for my doll is that the neck hinge design is somehow susceptible to micro-fractures from the long and rough transport.
The first doll I received was in many ways worse, which I shipped back to my vendor after getting the replacement. He was intending to investigate to
see if he can help the factory improve the skeleton so it stops happening so often. I should probably ask him again if that resulted in any progress.

My other doll has no loose joints, despite them both being transported a lot of the journey together.
Dolls:
Kanna / 叶愛 - Dollhouse 168 EVO-156 + Sasa Head
Asami / 朝瑞 - Piperdoll PI-150/B Akira
Ibuki / 気吹 - Xycolo XCOS-153/LB + Mumu head
Elena / 恵恋愛 - Tayu 148D + Naimei head
Uzuna / 愛絆 - Real Girl 158C + R25 head
Kirara / 希羅良 - DH168 80cm anime doll (silicone)

lars77
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by lars77 »

kanna wrote: Same story here :cry: Well, it's just half-loose somehow. Feels like there's 2 hinges and only one of those is loose. If I rotate the non loose one, I can partially control what angle the head stops free falling.
There are two joints too - only the upper (hinge joint) has this issue. The lower ball joint (i guess) is ok. I tried also to "control" that loose joint this way. It worked also to beginn.
kanna wrote: What my vendor (sandro from dollstudio) was guessing for my doll is that the neck hinge design is somehow susceptible to micro-fractures from the long and rough transport.
The first doll I received was in many ways worse, which I shipped back to my vendor after getting the replacement. He was intending to investigate to
see if he can help the factory improve the skeleton so it stops happening so often. I should probably ask him again if that resulted in any progress.
Maybe, "playing" with her could cause this also? 8O

The nut has 10mm and then the bolt has 6mm then (M6). Maybe, the needed amount of friction can not hold for long time on this diameter. Maybe M8 could be better. But i am not an engineer :). SANHUI finally had to find a solution.

kanna
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by kanna »

lars77 wrote: Maybe, "playing" with her could cause this also? 8O

The nut has 10mm and then the bolt has 6mm then (M6). Maybe, the needed amount of friction can not hold for long time on this diameter. Maybe M8 could be better. But i am not an engineer :). SANHUI finally had to find a solution.
During transport, the skeleton might be subjected to quite a bit of vibration. I think you'll have to play a lot to cause similar amount 8)
According to Sandro, simply adding cheap washers between the nuts and bolts would help them stay tight a lot longer.
Dolls:
Kanna / 叶愛 - Dollhouse 168 EVO-156 + Sasa Head
Asami / 朝瑞 - Piperdoll PI-150/B Akira
Ibuki / 気吹 - Xycolo XCOS-153/LB + Mumu head
Elena / 恵恋愛 - Tayu 148D + Naimei head
Uzuna / 愛絆 - Real Girl 158C + R25 head
Kirara / 希羅良 - DH168 80cm anime doll (silicone)

lars77
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by lars77 »

kanna wrote: During transport, the skeleton might be subjected to quite a bit of vibration. I think you'll have to play a lot to cause similar amount 8)
According to Sandro, simply adding cheap washers between the nuts and bolts would help them stay tight a lot longer.
On my OP, I didn't want cut deeper as until to the nut/bolt head. But if I have to do it again, I will keep that in mind! Thank you for this link! I think, the cause must be something like this.

And also, if I must open it again, I wouldn't close it immediately. So I can test over some days or weeks, if the neck joint stays stiff.

Ron NB
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Ron NB »

lars77 wrote:
Zanarkand wrote:Wow, your story is extremely similar to mine!
I too stumbled upon the doll world and TDF around 4-5 years ago. Did a bunch of research, was quite bothered with the realistic looking dolls (uncanny valley) and also got interested in a DS doll. Probably because they look a bit more CGI/Anime-ish and bypass the iffy feeling that way. Also never got around to buying one because the price was just too much at that time.
Then recently I also found Sanhui, had some contact with Mike and pulled the trigger on the 160 AIO which is just perfect. Ordered around the same time as you but sadly I am still waiting, the shipment was delayed quite a bit it seems.

This is what I am waiting for, 1 more week! :evidence:

Congratz on your purchase! :mrgreen:

EDIT: About the stains, I recently made a thread to ask the same question, you'll find a bunch of usefull answers in there from some Sanhui veterans ;)
viewtopic.php?f=261&t=123948
Hi Zanarkand

In fact, this is a really similar story! 8O

It took around one week from factory photos to a tracking number on mine. The way from China to Switzerland only took 3 days. The last 4 days you wait in the FedEx warehouse near of me. This was the hardest time to wait :puppydogeyes:. So i feel with you and i hope, you will get her soon!

Thanks, i will check the other thread :thumbs_up:
Do you have a photo or a review thread for your doll that is on the picture ?

Taeyeon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Taeyeon »

Hello, Lars!

Mariya is so pretty!
I am happy her operation went so well thanks to you and Mrs. Giraffe.
I like her pink dress with flowers and her yellow dress with squares very much!
Your pictures are very nice^^

TaeYeon
(。ᵔᵔ。) SooYoung's pages (DS/Ex-lite/Sino T158) and album

사랑은 그저 사랑이다. 절대 설명 될 수 없다.
Love is just love. It can never be explained.

lars77
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by lars77 »

Taeyeon wrote:Hello, Lars!

Mariya is so pretty!
I am happy her operation went so well thanks to you and Mrs. Giraffe.
I like her pink dress with flowers and her yellow dress with squares very much!
Your pictures are very nice^^

TaeYeon
Hi TaeYeon

Thank you! Mariya's neck still holds since the OP and Mrs. Giraffe is eating something :mrgreen:.

I see, I was inactive for long time 8O. I was really busy - but today I've found some time to take new photos. I will post more of them in de Cosplay thread :).

66gt350

Post by 66gt350 »

tpefan19 wrote:
lars77 wrote: … they removed the standing feet option. At all, it would be really unsafe, to let her stand with loose joints. So it's good, they have removed it. It's also much morenatural to touch her little cold feets this way (no caps) :-)

No, she can't smile like on photo 3 and 4. This is only faked with the "FaceApp" :wink:. I have seen this the first time on Serge's photos (take a look in Magalis thread) and I wanted to try it also :whistle:.
I guess it depends on what you value more then... being able to easily move her limbs around during play is definitely good (and realistic feet as you pointed out, especially if a person has feet fetish)... but I also like standing positions while looking at her in the mirror (plus easier to wash by standing her up in the shower instead of sitting her on a stool with a hole in the seat)

Man, I thought they made some kind of breakthrough with doll faces capable of different looks. Soooo... the Nonoka's pic of her biting her lower lip is real or "FaceApp"?

Can you also let us know if her bottom anatomies realistic looking like shown in this pic from Sanhui's ad for the 160cm all-in-one body? Thanks.
As an aficionado of great asses, THAT is a fantastic booty!

INFORMATIONS