Starpery.com

LOVE A CUPS? Introducing the Starpery 171 A

Starpery mission is that"Let robot service to people, and protect people!". We are the manufacturer of TPE doll and silicone doll, based on Huizhou city, China. We are devoting ourself to improve doll apery ability of appearance and movement so that she or he can help more the unable, or the loneliness, or other fans. Wish our doll can bring the funny, service and protection to all human being in future. Website: https://www.starpery.com
PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: LOVE A CUPS? Introducing the Starpery 171 A

Post by PDutus »

Colonel Angus wrote:
Dollicious2 wrote:Love the dolls body but man... them heads are not looking good at all...
Such a shame great body and ugly faces !
That's right I said Ugly
Like they all fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch! :lol:
Well, to each their own, I guess. I think most of them a decent, Sarah is pretty good, and Elizabeth is lovely.
801A6302.JPG
I agree with the Colonel. Whilst not my first choices face-wise in the doll world, no way would I have described the Starpery faces as ugly!!
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

PDutus wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
Dollicious2 wrote:Love the dolls body but man... them heads are not looking good at all...
Such a shame great body and ugly faces !
That's right I said Ugly
Like they all fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch! :lol:
Well, to each their own, I guess. I think most of them a decent, Sarah is pretty good, and Elizabeth is lovely.
The attachment 801A6302.JPG is no longer available
I agree with the Colonel. Whilst not my first choices face-wise in the doll world, no way would I have described the Starpery faces as ugly!!
Yeah, I agree. I'm not crazy about most of them, but I do think both Sarah & Amy are decent:
Attachments
Sarah.png
Sarah.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 894 times
Head 02 Amy.png
Head 02 Amy.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 894 times

Telash

Post by Telash »

Amy is by far the best face I have seen. Rong, Elisabeth, and Phebe are awesome to.

Itwasntmemate

Post by Itwasntmemate »

Maybe they are a representation of the average looks of women world wide...Not all women are super model looks and everyone's taste is different....as long as you Love your Doll and take care of her in your immersive world..well that's all that matters and respect fellow doll lovers choice. Once the lights go out and both your heads hit the pillow nobody cares..
6YE TPE 165cm D cup Olivia
Starpery head & body silicone 151cm Rong (YUQING)

Tailor
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Tailor »

Itwasntmemate wrote:Maybe they are a representation of the average looks of women world wide...Not all women are super model looks and everyone's taste is different....as long as you Love your Doll and take care of her in your immersive world..well that's all that matters and respect fellow doll lovers choice. Once the lights go out and both your heads hit the pillow nobody cares..
Yes, I think that's right.
Many manufacturers try to make symmetrically perfect heads. Stapery seems to focus more on making realistic faces, for example comparing the noses to other dolls.
Many people ask for realism, but reality is usually not symmetrically perfect and has small imperfections.
Some flaws create personality and uniqueness and are personally something I can be very attracted to.

Would like to see more pictures in profile, but I really like their choice of heads and found several I could choose from.
Jade: SM 148cm
Claire: JM New Tree Elf 80cm
Mi-Soo: Starpery 171cm A

Dollicious2
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Dollicious2 »

I'm glad I sparked up the conversation concerning faces , beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I may have spoken harshly but for me Starpery needs to bring on their "A" game and really knock our socks off like they have with the body sculpting.
Sooner or later I may find one that really pleases my eye but so far nothing has come close and these images are of silicone heads... correct? I'd hate to see what the TPE heads look like if the silicone heads looking the way they do now.
viewtopic.php?t=104739
Jelina and Jelena 170cm C slim body twins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DL2 Fashion Studio
viewtopic.php?t=116236
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Olinka YL170 D
viewtopic.php?t=93693

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

Dollicious2 wrote:I'm glad I sparked up the conversation concerning faces , beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I may have spoken harshly but for me Starpery needs to bring on their "A" game and really knock our socks off like they have with the body sculpting.
Sooner or later I may find one that really pleases my eye but so far nothing has come close and these images are of silicone heads... correct? I'd hate to see what the TPE heads look like if the silicone heads looking the way they do now.
Yes, I think they need to up their game with the faces. Whilst I don't find any of the current ones displeasing, they don't wow me either. Also, I find a certain sameness to the current crop. One of the main reasons I love the Aiersha group (AF, AS, JY) is their faces, and the same applies to Jinsan. Now if you could get a good skin tone match, a JY or WM head on one of the Starpery bodies would be something that could do a lot of boat floating :)
My girls:

Colonel Angus
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Colonel Angus »

Personally, I think they have done a good job with the majority of their faces. So much of the market is filled with what I consider generic cliches. Tons of corn-fed, stereotypical hollywood-ish ideals, most ending up looking like strippers or 80s Playboy models. Or, big eyed caricatures of something from an anime.
You are right, beauty is subjective. And, I realize that my rejection of what is commonly considered ideal, puts me in a minority. To me, beauty isn't perfect, it has subtly, nuance... character. All that "perfection", even on a real human, makes a face almost like a piece of plastic, in my eyes.

tattooed dolls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tattooed dolls »

Let’s see that Amy head with the a cup body.
I bet you she looks fantastic with that combo.
Be kind Rewind .Image

Colonel Angus
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Colonel Angus »

tattooed dolls wrote:Let’s see that Amy head with the a cup body.
I personally would like to see the Elizabeth (Elisabeth sp?) head on that body, along with some of that freckle and tan+line treatment.

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

tattooed dolls wrote:Let’s see that Amy head with the a cup body.
171A with Amy head :) (Hope I got the head/body proportions right).

Couldn't find the Elizabeth head :(
171cm A Amy Head (2)_edited (Paint; Paint 3D; resized 1200).jpg
171cm A Amy Head (2)_edited (Paint; Paint 3D; resized 1200).jpg (164.57 KiB) Viewed 745 times
My girls:

ninthwave83
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ninthwave83 »

I guess it really is subjective.

To me the heads were what finally swayed me to Starpery.

The Anne, Amy and Elizabeth heads are, to me, gorgeous.

I also really like the Sarah head.

To me though the most important element is the hair and Starpery seem to have really cracked it.

The next closest for me is the WM Silicone Fannie head, which I'm really hoping fits a Starpery body.

Colonel Angus
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Colonel Angus »

ninthwave83 wrote:I guess it really is subjective.

To me the heads were what finally swayed me to Starpery.

The Anne, Amy and Elizabeth heads are, to me, gorgeous.

I also really like the Sarah head.

To me though the most important element is the hair and Starpery seem to have really cracked it.

The next closest for me is the WM Silicone Fannie head, which I'm really hoping fits a Starpery body.
That's why I like the Elizabeth head so much, she reminds me of Fannie, which is my all-time favorite. Look at them closely, and imagine Elizabeth with the same amount of skin detail.

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

Itwasntmemate wrote:Maybe they are a representation of the average looks of women world wide...Not all women are super model looks and everyone's taste is different....
^ This. 100%.

This doll appeals to those who prefer a more plainly realistic looks over the usual fantasy look that most dolls have with exaggerated proportions, some of which not even real women may be able to achieve. But both are great and only contributes to more variety.

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

My girls: