sanhuiofficial.com

Used Sanhui 168 Hip Joint Loose (How to repair?)

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
super89rex

Used Sanhui 168 Hip Joint Loose (How to repair?)

Post by super89rex »

Got a doll today off the for sale section, having an issue - the left leg hip joint seems to be loose, and will not hold a pose and is limp - the doll has standard joints. Was told by the seller that there was no skeleton issues so needless to say I am not overly thrilled.

First used doll purchase so I'm a bit disappointed :( Because otherwise the doll is great, beautiful face, realism, etc.

How would one perform surgery or go about getting this hip joint repaired?

super89rex

Re: Used Sanhui 168 Hip Joint Loose (How to repair?)

Post by super89rex »

Anyone have any idea? I opened her up on the side and its a ball joint; there's no way to tighten the joint, I think the fitting on the end is loose round the ball joint so it is just floppy.. Any ideas?

bl8900
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bl8900 »

It is disheartening for me to say this.. I could not come up with good solution to fix my 158 flexi with a very similar issue with a knee joint that had gotten loose. The joint itself basically wore out from frequent use. The only way I can think of is to replace the joint entirely.
Sanhui 160cm AIO Maria (broken hip joint)
Sanhui 158cm Flexi (broken knee joint)
Top-Sino 159cm T1, T3 (retired)
Elsababe 150cm XXL (retired)
Tayu/Art Doll 148cm D+ cup
Tayu/Art Doll 161cm F cup

chacka

Post by chacka »

I have the same with my sanhui, they get loose rather quickly. i like the range of movement, but this is a drawback. otherwise, functionallity shouldn't be impacted to much. just throw the legs in her neck. for behind you can use the couch. Your sanhui also has ball joints in the knees, elbows and shoulder. they will all get a little loose, but not by much to quickly.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Post subject: New 2018 skeleton upgrade pics - ball joint skeleton
Definitely not the best idea to have a non-adjustable joint
Short of belting the joint with a hammer to tighten the thing or putting a drop of Loctite in there, this design leaves you with a floppy skeleton :(

BuilderOfCastles

Post by BuilderOfCastles »

Pictures would be a big help. Then i could be more specific.

Sooooo, you have this ball and cup joint (i presume)
and the way to tighten it is to deform the cup.

You can try a c-clamp.
Get it in there and press the open end of the cup through the ball to the other side of the cup.

you could deform it with some hammer blows, but will probably be really impossible to get a good blow.
You could deform the cup with a pin punch (round punch, flat on the end)

You deform, move joint, deform, move joint until you have the tension you are looking for.

- -- -

You can also fill it with thick grease... which will make the joint slump down slowly instead of fall.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Eek! the way to tighten it is to deform the cup (Sorry, the mechanic in me)
Agree that for a non adjustable joint this is the only way but as a design, it suxs
The snap on/off head connectors are adjustable, out of necessity, but a joint subject to wear being non adjustable just puts this in the very expensive toy category

BuilderOfCastles

Post by BuilderOfCastles »

seagull wrote:Eek! the way to tighten it is to deform the cup (Sorry, the mechanic in me)
Agree that for a non adjustable joint this is the only way but as a design, it suxs
The snap on/off head connectors are adjustable, out of necessity, but a joint subject to wear being non adjustable just puts this in the very expensive toy category

The idea is that the cup has enough spring to keep the joint tight over the lifetime of the doll.
This is only a rough guess because there is so many problems that can affect these joints.
Out of roundness, weak metal, rough use, the joint only gets used in one plane...

So, it has its advantages, and a whole bunch of disadvantages.

I have been working on joints that would work much better... and let me tell you my ideas are a pain in the ass.
Involving springs and castellated hex nuts and...
Hopefully some day i will have an epiphany!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

When working with toys, Keeping It Simple Stupid (KISS) has a hard time getting traction, an epiphany or two is good :)

super89rex

Post by super89rex »

Socket and ball joint probably the worse engineering Decision for these joints. My dolls
Left leg is permanently loose and only after opening up her side did I discover it is irreparable. In a multi thousand dollar item, this shouldn’t be the case.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

There was a posted video of a worker tightening a hip joint just by moving the leg up n down, and have not found it yet :)

INFORMATIONS