sanhuiofficial.com

Sanhui 156cm Doll Review

Reviews on Sanhui Doll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
gerard61
Active Poster
Active Poster

Sanhui 156cm Doll Review

Post by gerard61 »

After doing many months of research on all things sex dolls, I placed an order with Sanhui AND Doll Sweet within about a day of each other. For the latter, I went through Jeff at BCD; but for the Sanhui doll, I ordered straight from the website.

To be sure, I had my concerns about ordering these dolls, partly because of the expense, and partly because I had owned a Real Doll twenty years ago and sold it only a couple months after receiving it. Furthermore, I was wondering if I might be getting too old to enjoy this kind of thing, given that, well, I'm twenty years older.

Nevertheless, these two companies (Sanhui and DS) seemed to have the best offerings--especially since they produce silicon dolls (which is what I wanted). I was concerned about some of the issues Sanhui has had in the past, and whether weight would be a problem. After emailing Mike at Sanhui with questions and concerns (which he promptly addressed) I settled on a 156cm since the doll would be closer to my own height, but still weigh less than 70 lbs. I would have preferred a taller doll, however. Compromises are a part of life, eh?

On July 21, I placed the order as such:

156cm height, skin tone #2, areola #1 with 4cm size, labia #1, no pubic hair, standing option with caps, standard (as opposed to loose) joints, textured skin, soft butt, soft inner thighs, soft vagina, permanent labia and nipple coloration, blue eyes (spare set of green) body hook, and the $500 head #8 (kind of pricey, but her face is probably the prettiest of the lot).

Incredibly, Sanhui sent me photos of the completed doll on July 25th! Holy smokes that was fast. The doll arrived at my door on August 3rd via FedEx. So, I have to offer my sincere compliments to both Sanhui and FedEx (especially with a pandemic that is still dogging us) for this effort. Two weeks is what it took! Remarkable.

So, on with the doll review.

I was, and still am, extremely impressed by this doll. There are some problems which I will come back to later in this review. So, I will start with the positives and come back to the negatives.

POSITIVES

This doll is a melding of manufacturing, design, sex and art. It is like having a piece of 3D art that can be posed, or that one can have sexual intercourse with. Wow. As for the latter, I have had mixed results. I attribute this to my age, as much as anything. As for posing her, well, she really is a form of art, and not just a sex toy. The sculpt is amazing!

For most of the time I have owned this doll, I have put her in different poses and in different outfits. She looks like a perfect, sexy, horny, gorgeous twenty year old woman. Even though she is in a room that I rarely use, I go there and look at her several times a day. She really is beautiful.

As for the sex, well....I managed to "merge" with her only twice. It's not been as I imagined. On the other hand, having experience with an RD twenty years ago, I do recall having moments of "non-connection" with that doll as well. But I made up for that with a young man's libido. Not so this time around. In fact, I have given up on trying anymore, and am just enjoying this doll as posable 3D art. It's kind of like having one of those sexy anime figures you see on ebay, but this one is life sized--and much more expensive. Oh, and I should add that her vagina is amazing.

This doll has joints that can be moved in a number of ways that makes it possible to make her look almost real. Also, her skin is so soft and flawless. Her proportions are spectacular. I really am amazed at what Sanhui has created. As for durability? Well, I do have some perspective on this. I know these dolls have to be treated gingerly and carefully in some respects, and yet can handle, say, the weight of an adult man on top of her. It's a real engineering challenge. But I will learn of this doll's long term issues should I decide to keep her.

NEGATIVES

The first thing I noticed (and was prepared for) was the weight when I was unboxing her. At my age, I have found this to be challenging, but not overly so. This is why I concurrently had ordered the DS doll in a 145cm. It would be lighter, although I did not fully appreciate how much smaller she would be. This is why I have the DS 145cm doll for sale--even though she arrived only days ago.

The other issue that got my attention was how quickly I damaged the bottom of her feet. It is in the form of light tearing that occurred from standing her up after unboxing her. After I saw this, I have kept stockings on her feet. Right now, I have a pair of dense, short stocking-slippers that have lines and dots of silicon on the bottom to prevent slipping. I intend to get some Sili-poxy to repair the small tears. Other than that, she's perfect.

There are two problems that did come up that have been a concern. One is that the right hip is so tight that I have real difficulty moving it into different positions. That hip is getting slightly better, but I have a feeling it will take time to get it to move as easily as the other joints--all of which have the perfect tension on them.

The other problem I found is that when the doll is bent over, a gap appears on her right hip/buttocks. One can see a slight indentation of the "skin". When felt, it's evident that the underlying gel insert and foam do not touch each other at that point. So, an underlying gap forms right at that spot. It's a small issue, but after spending nearly $3500, it bothers me. The opposing side of the doll does not have this gap. This seems to be a production quality control issue.

Finally, the only other problem I have is that the feet are mounted to her legs in a way that they are permanently splayed outwards. To put in another way, her feet don't sit flat on the floor. A thin item like a CD case can easily be slid under her feet from the outside, but not from the inside, as she is standing. Only the heel bolt and inner ball of her foot bolt are in contact with the floor, while the bolt on the outside of the ball of her foot is about 1/8th of an inch above the floor. Despite this, she stands fine and seems quite stable. I do make certain her weight is slightly favoring the side of her that is leaning against the wall. Currently, with her back to the wall, the only thing in contact with the wall is the back of her head and one or two of her hands. This is most often how I have her posed. And she usually, you know, just stands around in a tiny bikini-which is what hot girls are supposed to do.

I also would like to see Sanhui include a brief care, maintenance and user guide with the doll. That she came with nothing was weird, because it SHOULD have included a few pages of instructions and line drawings. I know there is info on the website, but that is not sufficient. Had I known that some kind of protection was necessary for her feet for example, I would have put socks on them immediately. It would increase the expense of these dolls to just include a few pages of instruction. I don't understand why it's not done.

SUMMARY

So far, despite the issues with the doll, I have to marvel at what Sanhui has accomplished in this endeavor. That I can order a doll like this and it shows up at my home only weeks later is amazing. Now, how well this doll holds up over time remains to be seen. I have read about the mishaps and maintenance issues that others have inevitably dealt with, so I would expect such things to come up. But, I may not get that far. I say this because I am considering selling her, as mentioned. While l love looking at this doll, I don't know if it makes sense to me personally to have thousands of dollars tied up in it. One could argue that art costs money, and art is worth owning. True, and this is something I'm considering. But I may just put her up for sale in the coming weeks here at TDF. Or, I will post another review in six months. Since sex won't be part of ownership, she will certainly not break down as quickly as those dolls being routinely used for boinking sessions.
Attachments
DSCF9923.JPG
DSCF9923.JPG (1.82 MiB) Viewed 1585 times
DSCF9916.JPG
DSCF9916.JPG (1.39 MiB) Viewed 1585 times
DSCF9920.JPG
DSCF9920.JPG (1.35 MiB) Viewed 1585 times
DSCF9917.JPG
DSCF9917.JPG (984.08 KiB) Viewed 1585 times

INFORMATIONS