www.wmdolls.com

Standing feet VS normal feet

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
ColVegas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Standing feet VS normal feet

Post by ColVegas »

Hi!
I was just wondering what everyones opinions were on standing feet versus normal feet. I like the idea of having a doll that can stand on his own but the metal on the bottoms of the feet seems like it might feel weird if you were to sleep with your doll (just sleep lol) or if you come into contact with it while having fun. I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions! I'm getting close to ordering my first doll and just want to learn and know everything I can beforehand! Thanks (:

kanna
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Standing feet VS normal feet

Post by kanna »

Unless you know for certain that the metal bolts in her feet (or the holes for them) will seriously bother you, take the standing feet. You can remove them for bed if necessary, but so far I haven't felt the need for that myself. Even if you don't plan to keep her standing for long periods of time, being able to set her down on her feet makes a lot of things easier when handling her. Plus, if she doesn't have them, you can't hug her while standing, which is something that I find to be an extremely nice thing to do with my dolls. Also, without standing feet, you can't really carry her around with a bearhug either.

You'll want to get her shoes, though. Otherwise you're going to damage whatever you set her feet on. They'll also slightly complicate washing her if you want to do it in shower, as you'll need to shield the bolts so water doesn't get inside her, but there are ways to avoid shower altogether, so that's not necessarily a problem.
Dolls:
Kanna / 叶愛 - Dollhouse 168 EVO-156 + Sasa Head
Asami / 朝瑞 - Piperdoll PI-150/B Akira
Ibuki / 気吹 - Xycolo XCOS-153/LB + Mumu head
Elena / 恵恋愛 - Tayu 148D + Naimei head
Uzuna / 愛絆 - Real Girl 158C + R25 head
Kirara / 希羅良 - DH168 80cm anime doll (silicone)

ColVegas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ColVegas »

Thank you kanna! Did you mean that her feet would get damaged without shoes? Or the actual flooring that you set the doll down on? Would socks work just as well as shoes?

kanna
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by kanna »

Her feet will only get damaged if the bolts are screwed in too deep allowing her skin to hit something as well. So, if that's adjusted properly, it's really only the floor that needs protection.

Also, no, socks aren't enough of a protection and in fact bolts tend to ruin socks pretty fast too. But there are some plastic bolt covers available that can shield both socks as well as the floor.

Although, I just realized that this is male dolls section, so perhaps I should be talking about him :lol: Oh well, this applies to both genders anyway.
Dolls:
Kanna / 叶愛 - Dollhouse 168 EVO-156 + Sasa Head
Asami / 朝瑞 - Piperdoll PI-150/B Akira
Ibuki / 気吹 - Xycolo XCOS-153/LB + Mumu head
Elena / 恵恋愛 - Tayu 148D + Naimei head
Uzuna / 愛絆 - Real Girl 158C + R25 head
Kirara / 希羅良 - DH168 80cm anime doll (silicone)

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Standing feet are a must in my book. The bolt heads aren't the most attractive thing in the world, but then neither are torn feet caused by trying to stand a non-standing doll. Plus, if desired the bolts can be easily removed for sleeping.

Even with standing feet however, I do recommend socks and shoes for extended periods standing. That and it's best to have your doll touch or lean on something when standing for extra balance.

berthaBe

Post by berthaBe »

Standing Feet are really a worthwhile investment. The metal bolts are barely noticeable (unless you play around with the dolls feet), and a thick pair of socks will give enough protection for any kind of floor. Without standing feet, you will never be able to let your doll be in any kind of standing position, which can be very limiting - for playtime and just posing, or storing the doll.

There are also some TPE/Silicone caps available you can put over the head of the bolts, which make them almost disappear :). In short, I would always get this option for any doll I will get in the future.

ColVegas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ColVegas »

lol you're right kanna! It does apply to both genders :D
I had never even thought about the bolts damaging the floor before. Thank you for telling me!

Mr Franz & berthaB, thank you for the info! I would love to get some TPE caps to put over the bolts. I didn't know those existed. I will definitely be going with the standing feet!!

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Hi,
Just make sure you protect if putting in a shower, ok?
Love,
Megan, DO, The BCD Girls
"We turn dreams into reality"
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_3564.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3564.jpg (270.13 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
thumbnail_IMG_3388.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3388.jpg (245.46 KiB) Viewed 1683 times

berthaBe

Post by berthaBe »

ColVegas wrote:lol you're right kanna! It does apply to both genders :D
I had never even thought about the bolts damaging the floor before. Thank you for telling me!

Mr Franz & berthaB, thank you for the info! I would love to get some TPE caps to put over the bolts. I didn't know those existed. I will definitely be going with the standing feet!!

Not wanting to get too graphic, but I think it applies a bit more towards Dolls that have a penis attachment, Fellatio with the doll standing, and the owner on his or her feet sounds like it would be a more common occurrence (but my female doll also has an detachable penis :razz: ). I find it better with her standing on her feet than lying :mrgreen:

You can find those caps in any hardware store, online or offline. Even on Amazon, but you need to know which size the bolt head has. I would recommend to unscrew one bolt, drive to the next hardware store, and ask a clerk to get you a set of fitting caps (be sure to double check that the material is not reacting with your doll! TPE and Silicone for example is not a good mix. Rather get plastic (PVC) than silicone if you have TPE feet)

ColVegas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ColVegas »

berthaBe,
Do they sell TPE caps in hardware stores?

berthaBe

Post by berthaBe »

I am from Germany, so not sure how it helps you. There is a hardware store around my corner, and they had to order a few of them (IIRC it was like 20 pieces a bag), but it was very cheap.

Trigger D

Post by Trigger D »

In my opinion the benefits of standing feet outweigh the negatives, even if the vendor charges extra for it as an option.

The metal screws that the doll stands on also act as static electricity outlets which can give a nasty surprise in cold weather.
Consistency is key

When one opportunity slams shut in your face another opens wide

My lovely ladies:
Jenna - WM 160cm D cup Head 241
Her younger sister, Natasha - WM 166cm C cup head 242
Her older sister, Sarah - WM 166cm C cup head 273
Nicola - WM 172cm B cup head 405
Jessica -WM 163cm C cup head 253
Scarlett - WM 162cm B cup head 227
Chelsea - WM 172cm D cup head 266
Megan - WM 164cm D cup head 47
Naomi - WM 162cm E cup head 273
Alicia - WM 168cm E cup head 233

ColVegas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ColVegas »

Thanks berthaBe. I will start looking for caps soon.

berthaBe

Post by berthaBe »

Happy to help, hope you can find some that fit. And be sure to post about your doll once you have ordered it ;)

INFORMATIONS