Starpery.com

The eyes have it!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Tazzdoll

The eyes have it!

Post by Tazzdoll »

Hay Guys,

I was reading a thread the other day and someone mentioned that they would never buy a doll or photograph a doll that had painted on eyes. That got me thinking, my Mandy has painted on eyes and I am OK with that, but I got kicking around the Idea of installing glass eyes on her.

Mandy's face now:

I did a simple two second cut and paste of a set of pretty eyes just to see. Remember I spent very little time on the cut and paste.

What a difference. I really Think Mandy is pretty the way she is. Any thoughts on about what I am thinking, or should I leave well enough alone?

Mandy and TAZZ

KawaiiLuvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KawaiiLuvr »

Yeah, the eyes are key to the illusion. That is why many 3d renders or games don't look real (mostly because of the eyes). There are actually flat-back glass/plastic eyes that might actually work. Like the type of ones used on fashion dolls. They are not very thick and could be easily pasted on an existing doll without much modification. The shine of the plastic (or glass) would give some illusion of depth and wetness. You can also purchase paste-on eyelashes which will increase the effect.

Most of the market is for fashion dolls, so the largest ones I saw were 32mm wide. I think that should be big enough for most purposes. Human eyes are supposed to be 26mm I think. I found one site with a decent selection and nice prices:

http://www.kemperdolls.com/index.php?li ... tegoryID=3

INFORMATIONS