Starpery.com

Building a vinyl doll?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
KawaiiLuvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Building a vinyl doll?

Post by KawaiiLuvr »

I've been thinking about putting together a custom vinyl doll (just for personal use). Can anyone point me in the right direction? My idea was to purchase some sheets of vinyl and just cut out the shapes like you would to make clothes. Then weld it together with a soldering iron. Would this work or am I missing something important? Also, how could i get graphics printed on the vinyl?

I guess a plush doll might be a bit easier but I assume vinyl is cheaper. Any thoughts?

Nonfactor
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Nonfactor »

It would work. I've seen a tutorial saying pretty much that on some furry inflatophile website.

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

a vinyl sign making shop can cut the vinyl to shape for you and print it however you like. You'd need to contact one and find out what software/formats they use and provide a template file for them to work with.

Tazzdoll

Post by Tazzdoll »

Kawaii,

Interesting notion. The first thing that pops in my mind is to purchase a cheap inflatable, study the seams and general construction. Afterwards, cut the doll on the seams to creat all the flat stock required to assembel the doll, also will act as an instant pattern to follow. Of course allow for overlap and seams.

Could trun out to be a fun and interesting project. Good luck.

Mandy & TAZZ

KawaiiLuvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KawaiiLuvr »

Tazzdoll wrote:Interesting notion. The first thing that pops in my mind is to purchase a cheap inflatable, study the seams and general construction. Afterwards, cut the doll on the seams to creat all the flat stock required to assembel the doll, also will act as an instant pattern to follow. Of course allow for overlap and seams.

Could trun out to be a fun and interesting project. Good luck.
Yeah, I have a few inflatables. The design on the Nana Love Body is really nice. It has a lot more seams (and inner support), but has a more accurate contour. Thats what got me thinking about how much could still be done with vinyl. There are a ton of inflatables on the market but a good 90% of them are butt-ugly. I'm hoping to make something better. But I've never really done anything like this, just thinking out loud really.

INFORMATIONS