Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

REAL DOLL PRICE DROP $2,000 a pop?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: REAL DOLL PRICE DROP $2,000 a pop?

Post by rubherkitty »

#1 Rule. When your competition is on the down, you don't drop your prices.
#2 Rule. If you have orders coming in, you don't drop your prices.
#3 Rule. If you don't have orders coming in, you build up inventory, part assemblies, do R&D and you don't drop prices.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Nintrovert40

Post by Nintrovert40 »

rubherkitty wrote:#1 Rule. When your competition is on the down, you don't drop your prices.
#2 Rule. If you have orders coming in, you don't drop your prices.
#3 Rule. If you don't have orders coming in, you build up inventory, part assemblies, do R&D and you don't drop prices.
in about 3 to 5 months china factories going to be back up and running
TPE Sales have been crushing silicone sales due to price.
The biggest sex doll buyers are in china and Texas.dropping the price for only 3 months is not going to bankrupt him it will actually benefit him in the long run by increasing his market influence.The majority of sex doll owners own TPE once they get a silicone doll they will never want to go back to TPE.

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Only way this is possible is mass production.
at $2,000 piece, you get a lot more sales.
You would need an assembly line.
Buying wholesale, you could get the materials for cheaper.
Imagine how much it would cost to build ten cars, vs millions.
cars are more complex than a doll.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Orders taken now by Abyss won't be processed till later anyway. They are currently working on orders already placed. I can't imagine Abyss employee's all hanging around the lounge waiting any day now for a order to come in.

If you want a TPE doll why not wait. Your not going to probably get an Abyss doll in 3 weeks, unless they have some std models on standby/ off the rack dolls vs custom. China doll makers will either get back into production in time or they'll just close down. You'll know for sure then. China may crash for years, who knows. Then you'll have to buy a doll from elsewhere then.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

LovesBlackWomen wrote:Only way this is possible is mass production.
at $2,000 piece, you get a lot more sales.
You would need an assembly line.
Buying wholesale, you could get the materials for cheaper.
Imagine how much it would cost to build ten cars, vs millions.
cars are more complex than a doll.
I'm sure Abyss buys their materials wholesale.
You can buy silicone in 55 gal bbls. You can buy skeleton tubing in large bundles.
Each doll is hand made upon order. They probably have several designs for skeletons based upon doll height. You can't assembly line produce the whole doll.

MarcusMM

Post by MarcusMM »

Misleading title, unreasonable content.
Why not "Realdoll: Two dolls for $99"...if I was Matt?

Brick

Post by Brick »

I guess nobody read my post! So let me add to it...
Slim profit margin now!
Hand made by Artists!
One of a kind dolls!
Extremely high realism!
Small Company 15-20 employees including Matt!
And there are other factors involved. Seasonal sales fluctuations, making solid production times almost impossible. And there is more, Realbotix RealdollX coming online. Its truly amazing what this small Boutiuqe Sex Doll maker s doing. Just saying....
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Michael1968
Ex-Member

Post by Michael1968 »

I would love to buy Olivia 2.0 but with the currency exchange rate $6300 + $1100 shipping = $7400 which is about $10,100 AUD or so atm. My bank would charge a foreign currency exchange rate then the Govt would bill me 10% GST (tax) so add on $1000 there. Then there would be customs duty fees which I have no idea what they are but you get the picture. Nevertheless I think Matts works are fine works of art and worth the money - Hopefully if the AUD ever makes parity with the USD and there is another 20% off sale I could manage my budget. Or i could win the lottery division one.

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Well being one who loves squeezing a dollar till it screams,....

Yeah it would be nice I guess to get a Real doll for less but when you see what you get I can't complain with what I've payed out for my girls.

The trouble is when you do get them home you still pay out with clothes etc,....

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

tattooed dolls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tattooed dolls »

Cheap prices = bad product
Ask China, even they see that a high end doll costs that much, realdoll should do something about their packaging tho ( small products such as dildos and inserts.)
Their small packaging department sucks dick compared to the way they ship dolls.
The prices are fair , realistically expensive for a reason ... quality .
Be kind Rewind .Image

BigJoeBuck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BigJoeBuck »

Nintrovert40 wrote:If I was matt I would drop the price of Real Dolls down to $2,000 for 3 months.

he would make no money
"love is the only engine of survival"-Leonard Cohen

"all those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain"-roy batty

there are only three kinds of people those who make things happen those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

I am still waiting on Real Doll to come out of the 80's and do something special/amazing.
Not that servo project.
I am talking ground breaking, as Asia passes them by.

If his profit on these dolls is only $2,000 he needs a better business model.
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Dees luver
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Dees luver »

justintime wrote:I am still waiting on Real Doll to come out of the 80's and do something special/amazing.
Not that servo project.

This^^^ yup... I own a realdoll and I love her to the moon but I would’ve paid another $2000 if they could’ve made her stand on her own :|
Master of Puppets...

BigJoeBuck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BigJoeBuck »

Brick wrote:I have seen the profit point on Realdolls and Matt should increase the price by $1000.......really!

yup!!!!
"love is the only engine of survival"-Leonard Cohen

"all those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain"-roy batty

there are only three kinds of people those who make things happen those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

justintime wrote:I am still waiting on Real Doll to come out of the 80's and do something special/amazing.
Not that servo project.

As Brick said in an earlier post, Abyss are a very tiny company. They probably have a limited research and development budget.
I'm not sure what kind of "something special/amazing" you'd like Abyss to wow you with, on the budget that you may be happy with paying?

Abyss made a first tentative step into robotics and AI with Harmony, which you disparagingly refer to as the "servo project".
Abyss has taken a risk and put real cash into a blue sky project.
It's likely that Harmony is just version 1 of a long term development project.
With complex projects like this it's normal to expect version 1 to be basic and limited in scope.
You get feedback and knowledge from version 1, which you use to improve it into version 2. This is an iterative process.
I've spent 30+ years in IT as a computer programmer so know a bit about complex projects.

You might be aware that Boston Dynamics brought out a robotic dog called Spot. It costs around $75,000 to buy.
Boston Dynamics has benefited from past cash rich owners with very deep pockets, such as Google and currently SoftBank.
Spot can walk about, doesn't talk, is made of hard metal and you probably don't want to have sex with it!
What would you be willing to pay for a human looking soft to the touch robot, that will talk to you and you can have sex with?

If you think Abyss is stuck in the 80's and Asia has passed them by, why are you posting negative comments in a thread whose original author was just wishing for a price drop?
Give Abyss a break, they're taking baby steps with limited cash, stop the negativity.
It's not surprising that RealDoll owners have been driven away from TDF. :(

By the way, I'm a proud owner of BOTH a TPE doll and a RealDoll.

INFORMATIONS