kimberdoll.com

How flexible is Kimber (transport question)

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
john4980
Apprentice
Apprentice

How flexible is Kimber (transport question)

Post by john4980 »

So I'm planning on ordering a Kimber later this month and I'm just finalising logistics.

I've got a nice secret spot prepared in my garage to store her (with heating to keep her happy and spiders to keep my wife away), but there's then the complication of transferring her to and from the garage via a garden that's overlooked by my neighbours.

I don't necessarily want to be carrying what appears to be a dead body back and forth so I'd ideally like to place her in an inconspicuous container for the short journey. I have a selection of large suitcases and duffel bags, but nothing as long as she is. So my question is whether she will 'fold' up small enough (ie knees to chest) to fit in a large duffel bag, or do I need to find something long enough to lay her in?

I've seen people using golf bags or keyboard bags, but I don't do either so it'd be a bit weird. I do however travel a lot and have a myriad of different travel bags of various sizes.

Any thoughts/solutions would be appreciated!

krackbone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: How flexible is Kimber (transport question)

Post by krackbone »

I have just received my Kimberdoll today, just about managed to get her upstairs on my own.

One thing to think about is the weight.... she is damn heavy, about 40Kg, not sure exactly how heavy but damn heavy.

Luckily I don't have an issue with the wife, she bought me Kimber as a Christmas present ... my wife is awesome :glou:

Kimberdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Kimberdoll »

Hi guys,

Happy to help here.

1. As for transport John4980, we recommend keeping your Kimber Doll in a flat position where possible. I can understand the challenge here regarding luggage and peering neighbours as you described, but it would be a shame to risk any damage caused by flexing your Kimber into a position that's too confined. That being said, Obie162 recently demonstrated the 'knees-to-chest' ability of his KD-M which showed some impressive flexibility! See here: viewtopic.php?f=489&t=120429&start=7

2. To Krackbone regarding weight, the 158cm KD-FS weighs 29kg as discussed and shown here: viewtopic.php?f=489&t=116826&start=27

Hoping this helps and please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

Cheers,
Fletcher

krackbone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by krackbone »

Thanks for clearing that up Fletcher, 39KG was UPS ship weight, used for pricing, 31.5KG total weight of package.

I'll add the dimensions of the box that my Kimberdoll came in, for reference: 1500x380x288 LxWxH (UPS size was 1480x380x280)

I'd like to know if you find anything useful John4980? ... I was looking at a flight case myself, with 2 wheels on one end, not found anything suitable yet though.

krackbone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by krackbone »

Thinking about it.

Maybe a large hard suitcase with wheels, maybe with foam inserts (you would have to make them). You will always have the blanket wrapped around the doll anyway and it would only be for transporting from garage to house.

You could probably do with some dimensions of Kimber in a fetal position (with and without head removed)? (I can't help you with that at the moment).

john4980
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by john4980 »

Yeah I saw in another thread that someone was using a stroller flight bag which was 112cm long and looked like it comfortably fit a 158cm girl in...

Serv70

Post by Serv70 »

I need to find a really good place to store this also
Kimberdoll 158cm - WM 74 Head

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Just remember with ANY tpe based doll, if you sotre them with bend joints and limbs, evenly the tpe on the stretched side of the bend will form micro cracks and micro tares, this is why all tpe makers recommend storing straight. This is accelerated in hot dry climates as well (so dont leave her tucked up in bag in the trunk of a car in summer)

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS