kimberdoll.com

Girl's Youth Shoes for KD Mini

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
obie162

Girl's Youth Shoes for KD Mini

Post by obie162 »

Hey all:
Those of us that have KD Mini companions all know the problem with the lacking assortment of socks & shoes for our girls.
Bad socks!
Bad socks!
DSC09807.JPG (2.66 MiB) Viewed 1367 times
I've been contemplating a way to get Aubrey into big girl socks & shoes. I believe I have a workable solution, It's not perfect & it's still in the testing stage, but it's working so far.
1st the tools & supplies I used:
Scissors, tape, 2 super absorbency tampons (1 3/4" or 4.445 cm long) with strings cut off & taped together to make sock insertion & reuse easier)
tools & supplies 1
tools & supplies 1
DSC09805.JPG (1.28 MiB) Viewed 1367 times
4 pieces of felt for shoe insoles & cotton balls for each foot because when using larger shoes, we have to think about height also. I put 3 cotton balls in the boot toe after adding the felt because the boot was still a little loose.
supplies 2
supplies 2
DSC09817.JPG (1.5 MiB) Viewed 1367 times
tampon matches up with toes well
tampon matches up with toes well
DSC09806.JPG (1.35 MiB) Viewed 1367 times
much better :)
much better :)
DSC09808.JPG (6.28 MiB) Viewed 1367 times
I put the tampons in the sock toe 1st, then added 2 cotton balls
taped tampons in sock toe
taped tampons in sock toe
DSC09810.JPG (1.79 MiB) Viewed 1367 times
loose cotton to protect her toenails
loose cotton to protect her toenails
DSC09811.JPG (2.41 MiB) Viewed 1367 times
I made a boot outline under the sole
outline
outline
DSC09814.JPG (5.31 MiB) Viewed 1367 times
like so
like so
DSC09815.JPG (4.93 MiB) Viewed 1367 times
cut inside the lines
cut inside the lines
DSC09816.JPG (4.63 MiB) Viewed 1367 times
I put nylons on her 1st to keep cotton mess off her feet
nylons 1st
nylons 1st
DSC09818.JPG (1.23 MiB) Viewed 1367 times
It took a little while to get a good fit; adding 1 piece of felt at a time until there wasn't any up & down movement. Then adding 1 cotton ball to at a time in the boot's toe to fill lengthwise gaps. Here's the 1st test after getting a good fit. I stood her up leaning against the bed, but only left her there long enough to make sure she could stand without me holding her. Once that happened, I laid her down & removed everything to make sure she wasn't harmed.

***Warning***
Take your time putting the footwear on!! The tampon will want to bend downward & then her toes will want to do the same! Spending 5-10 seconds carefully putting her foot in is much better than having the foot plate tear her flesh, right?!! Removing the footwear will be easier, but you should still be careful.
1st test
1st test
DSC09809.JPG (1.15 MiB) Viewed 1367 times
"Today's rain is tomorrow's whisky" (Scottish proverb)
Obie

KD Mini Aubrey - Vixen
KD Mini Suzanne, the younger twin - Minx
D4E 65cm TPE Caesaria Kunstansija - Svirfneblin Nympho

Heads:
WM #62
WM #85 - Sophia Margarida Sombria - Wench

obie162

Re: Girl's Youth Shoes for KD Mini

Post by obie162 »

After making sure Aubrey wasn't hurt, I put everything back on (being careful when putting on her new boots again) & stood her up in the corner next to me for an hour while I typed up the tutorial.
1 hour test
1 hour test
DSC09812.JPG (2 MiB) Viewed 1359 times
Finally, I laid her back down to take the boots and all off again to check her feet again.

Verdict:
She came through unscathed! :D
She can now wear a US girls size 13 (12.5 UK?) don't know about Australia-sorry)! Her foot fills approximately 81% of the space within the boot length-wise, 91% height-wise, & 93% width-wise. Next I'll try a US 1Y size, which according to the following website, is 1/4" (0.635 cm) longer than the 13 & the same as a women's size 0.5! maybe I can even get her to wear some wedge high heels :wink:
https://www.blitzresults.com/en/childre ... zes-girls/
This site has a lot of very good info - including size charts, conversions charts for different countries, & a kid's to women's size chart.

You will probably have different results then me, but I hope this will help guide you in the right direction :)

Later Dudes & Dudettes!
:glou:
Obie

KD Mini Aubrey - Vixen

Heads:
WM #62

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Reminds me of when I was a kid and mom would jam a wadded sock into the toe of my older brother's hand-me-down shoes so I could wear them! :mrgreen:

obie162

Post by obie162 »

:o Mr Franz, I had completely forgotten about having to go through that! My older brother had the worst taste in shoes :roll: , so I got a paper route at 10 YO to buy my own
Obie

KD Mini Aubrey - Vixen

Heads:
WM #62

INFORMATIONS