Starpery.com

Latex doll mods

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Agony

Latex doll mods

Post by Agony »

Hi. I recently bought Domination Donna and was a bit dissapointed:

http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... ic&t=16443

Now, i wish to mod the doll to make it become more useful and attractive and i have some questions for you.

Question 1: A "De-stickyfyer"

The top part of the head that the hair was "attached" (please note the sarcastic remark) to is still a bit sticky, and i want to clean it from the "glue" or whatever it is supposed to be and use a better glue to fit an attachement system, or a permanent wig to it.

So, what is the best way to get rid of that sticky stuff?

Question 2: Attach a wig

Now, i have bought a new wig for the doll and i wonder how i should make a dynamical attachement system to it - one that actually WORKS and keeps the hair on the doll!

I have been thinking about Velcro since that is the easiest attach/detach system but then i am not sure if the wig would hold when taking it off.

Question 3: Cosmetics

Anyone had any experience with applying cosmetic to the face of a doll? The head part is a sculpted piece of hard plastic and i am not sure that i would want it to have any permanent cosmetics on it since i want to be able to change "her" style.

Thanks for any replies you may give.

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

do a search for ramsdale dolls and look at the modifications he has done to some latex inflatables. You will be amazed.
Maybe someone could post a link to that site for him on this thread.
<------------- Callie Starr formerly Sundown Starshine ----my first RealDoll-----

Perry
Ex-Member

Post by Perry »

Ag,

I did some posts on changing the look of those hard faces. Search for posts by me in the Inflatable section...you'll find it. Might be some related stuff in Inventors Corner too....not sure.

I feel very strongly that guys could fairly easily make huge improvements on the looks of inflatables. I wish more folks were trying this out.

Definitely go with the velcro on the bald skull. Get some advice...plan it out.

Agony

Re: Latex doll mods

Post by Agony »

To answer my own question:
Agony wrote: Question 1: A "De-stickyfyer"
Alternatives:
1 - clean the head with water or some other anti-sticky liquid.
2 - if you are in a hurry and have no patiense (like me) put some tape over the sticky surface.

I am going to attach a velcro pad to the skull and a wig tonight. Going to be intresting to see how that turns out.

Agony

Re: Latex doll mods

Post by Agony »

Agony wrote: Question 2: Attach a wig
Ok, i seem to be answering my own questions... but here is a "tutorial" to answer question number 2 (if anyone else is intrested in doing it), just took me a total of 15 minutes

(5 minutes of work + 10 minutes waiting in line at the hardware store :roll:)

http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... album=1196

INFORMATIONS