cloudclimax.co.uk

The importance of muscle memory

We are the official approved DS Doll reseller for the UK and also sell DS Dolls in selected European countries, ( South America & South Africa ). Shop with us confidently & discreetly. Cloud Climax has over 25 years of retail and lingerie experience and are so confident that each product is presented to you with our Cloud Climax logo as a mark of our approval. We also stock premium branded toys & accessories for your all round satisfaction. Website: www.cloudclimax.co.uk
Cloudclimax
VENDOR
VENDOR

The importance of muscle memory

Post by Cloudclimax »

Looking for interjection really today.

I had a customer who I feel a little bit sorry for really. He was and still is so excited with his new doll purchase.
The downside is even 31.5 kg he is finding too heavy.

Explaining the importance of muscle memory I thought was a really good piece of guidance.

I remember my first doll was 35kg and did find moving dead weight around difficult at first, now 50kg ...no problem time and muscle memory is how you overcome the weight burden.

I’ve instructed him with a series of reps to work on his biceps and forearms, obviously making sure he consults his doctors first before under taking an exercise regime.

Again it’s body tolerances and endurance that’s the key here.

There’s the items to help position and move on and off bed and for clothing and undressing. Like a chaise chair or office chair for ease of move and seating.

I just thought to post as I know some new members to the forum who maybe looking at doll ownership, the financial commitment is one commitment then the emotional commitment and change of your own circumstances and lifestyle can be daunting when now faced with a doll and knowing how to move and look after her.

I think it’s really important for muscle memory to be given a chance, with practice comes the ease of lifting and moving.

I would like to hear how others have managed with weight and perseverance.

Best
Paul

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: The importance of muscle memory

Post by PDutus »

Hi,

From my own experience: I am in an my sixties and consider myself to be reasonably fit for may age. My first doll, a JY166 muscular, weighed in at 38-39kg with her head. When I first got her, I found moving her a struggle and thought to myself "I'll never cope with this!".

However, with practice and learning the correct techniques for moving her without risking injury to me or her, it got easier. When my second doll arrived (the first one broke her back and went to a new home), she was a JY175 weighing in at 46Kg, so even heavier than the first one. But I actually find her easier to move. Yesterday, I carried her from the living-room back to my bedroom after a photoshoot. So I think that muscle memory is working here.

I think that technique is everything and vital if you want to avoid injury. So it is very important to get appropriate advice and guidance.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

Joe_Normal
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Joe_Normal »

While learning how to move a doll is important, and with time and practice it can get somewhat easier, it doesn't change the fact that a heavy doll is still a heavy doll, and for many people, myself included, no amount of 'muscle memory' can change that.

I can manage a doll at 40-45 kilos, without injuring myself, but it's difficult and requires planning ahead and caution when doing the lift. Dolls are not like moving anything else heavy, they are floppy, fragile, slippery, and oddly shaped. Lifting a comparable weight, in say a box shape, is much much easier. I suspect the only people who can handle dolls easily without practice, work in the mortuary or healthcare fields and are used to lifting bodies, there's nothing else comparable that I can think of to the experience of moving a doll around.

When shopping for my next doll, I'm automatically eliminating anything over 30 kilos, and I'd like to go lighter. It's a shame because there are a lot of very lovely dolls out there, but I don't want to deal with the hassle of moving that much dead weight. They aren't like an appliance that gets moved once, placed, and you're done, dolls require regular moving for cleaning, dressing, and sex, and I'm trying to have fun, not feel like a hitman dumping a corpse.

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

Yes, you make a valid point, which I neglected to address: that while muscle memory will help, there is a limit to what an individual can lift and/or carry.

I would not by choice go for another doll as heavy as my JY175, but will stick to sub 40kg.

Your point about people working in healthcare fields is interesting and relevant. In point of fact, many years ago I worked as a hospital porter/ward attendant and learned how to move unconscious patients, I was much younger then, but I can recall the techniques.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

Kira-sama
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Kira-sama »

For me, no matter how strong I am (unless I could lift her as easily as if she were a smaller 20ish lb doll), a heavy doll will make me lose some interest in sex (biggest factor for me is the cleaning time) and somewhat in just moving her from her hanging rack to my bed. Really wish large dolls with normal, proportional bodies were around 20lbs instead of 80+lbs.

Cloudclimax
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Cloudclimax »

I like the feedback thank you, would you believe I use a shoulder harness for lifting from time to time when my back is out lol not the two person dolly lift but single harness, it does help balance the weight bearing.

I was also thinking wouldn’t it be great if there was a plinth with foot holders that would allow you to position your standing doll connecting safely for wheeling around on.

That said, few protein bars and energy drinks can do the trick too !

Thank you for your feedback, it’s good to hear what we experience. Sometimes it’s difficult to express volume lifting metrics and what someone considers heavy and not so heavy. The feedback is good for R&D too.

I believe the more feedback on weight is a really good insight and fact finding, more dolls at between 27-29kg I’m sure will be warmly welcomed :D

Best
Paul

danDub
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by danDub »

Was 33 last year when i got my first doll a YL 165cm shes around 42kg with head as well and she was almost overwhelming to lift from the flight case to the bed and a big work out when moving her around, arms and back ached and she went back to the vendor after a week as i wanted a lighter doll which my next one was about 35kg (z onedoll) and she was easier to move and lift, tried a wm tpe torso with arms for the first time and loved it, she’s about 30kg

My last doll was 35kg after that it starts getting uncomfortable

I plan to get the sino doll torso with arms and she weighs in with head included at about 23kg with head included

Scrublord
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scrublord »

Well...the first proper doll I ever got was a Real Doll. Around 5' 6" and over 40kg.

Have to admit I struggled to get her out of her shipping crate. I'm not a big guy by any means (5' 9" and 11 stone) but luckily I've done a fair bit of heavy lifting and I've done manual handling training.

Took a bit of trial and error, but eventually I figured out that if I got her sitting upright and put some soft blankets over the edges of the crate, I could drag her out, holding her under the arms (she was a non-standing doll).

Once out of the crate, moving her was a lot easier - just get a firm grip around her waist and lift with the knees, leaning back just enough so you take her weight on your chest.

My current doll (the JY 153cm) is around the 30kg mark and that 10 kilos makes all the difference (as well as the fact she's a standing doll). I can lift her horizontally without too much effort, or stand her (leaning against a wall) before lifting her vertically.

I don't really do much exercise, other than the usual push-ups and sit-ups, plus stretching exercises. I also cycle a fair bit, which helps my leg strength.

My two cents is that its at least as much about technique, as raw strength. Knowing the best way to lift, to maintain your balance and not over-stress your back is incredibly important. As is knowing your own limitations and not trying to exceed them.

Of course any R&D that manufacturers do, that leads to weight reductions is also fantastic. I've seen a few larger dolls I'd love to own, but since they tend to weigh in around the 45-50kg mark, I have to pass as they're simply beyond my capabilities.

I've got my eye on one WM doll thats around 40kg (about the absolute max for me). Would make sure I get the standing version, so she can at least support her own weight for short periods of time.
Currently owned: OR Doll 157cm "Kitiara" (avatar photo) || JY Doll 153cm "Natalie"
Silicone...TPE...its all good...

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

At my age and current state of health, muscle memory is just that.... a distant and fading memory. :drinking:

Cloudclimax
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Cloudclimax »

Well here’s our new QITA mould :D
This will help for anyone looking for torso and fixed head.
She will be live on our website this week !
The Sino torso with arms will be live on site too this week as well.
Best
Paul
Attachments
D6330095-676B-40F9-A510-23A1010A752D.jpeg
D6330095-676B-40F9-A510-23A1010A752D.jpeg (240.83 KiB) Viewed 2316 times
trim.7A6FE1A6-C370-48DE-836D-CFEB1AEA9F57.MOV
(416.99 KiB) Downloaded 1963 times

Cloudclimax
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Cloudclimax »

The muscle memory..

Just goggled it.

Is muscle memory a real thing?
Yes and no. There is no literal memory in the muscles, but the thing people call “muscle memory” exists, though the name is a misnomer. A better name might be “subconscious memory,” as the information is stored in the brain, but is most readily accessible—or only accessible—by non-conscious means.

I would put it down to you can lift or you can develop the technique or muscle group to help perform and lift.
It’s very interesting, you would never enter a half marathon without training for it, so to take on anything new be it exercise or endurance there is the preparation isn’t there. It’s hard to define what you can truly lift or not.

I do warmly welcome the feedback though, lifting and ability to lift is something we do and have considered before ownership.

Thank you everyone
Paul

Knightshift
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Knightshift »

Mr Franz wrote:At my age and current state of health, muscle memory is just that.... a distant and fading memory. :drinking:
:haha4: Amen to that brother!
The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.

danDub
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by danDub »

Cloudclimax wrote:Well here’s our new QITA mould :D
This will help for anyone looking for torso and fixed head.
She will be live on our website this week !
The Sino torso with arms will be live on site too this week as well.
Best
Paul
Nice :mrgreen: ill place my order for the sino torso with arms after Christmas

Scrublord
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scrublord »

Cloudclimax wrote:The muscle memory..

Just goggled it.

Is muscle memory a real thing?
Yes and no. There is no literal memory in the muscles, but the thing people call “muscle memory” exists, though the name is a misnomer. A better name might be “subconscious memory,” as the information is stored in the brain, but is most readily accessible—or only accessible—by non-conscious means.

I would put it down to you can lift or you can develop the technique or muscle group to help perform and lift.
It’s very interesting, you would never enter a half marathon without training for it, so to take on anything new be it exercise or endurance there is the preparation isn’t there. It’s hard to define what you can truly lift or not.

I do warmly welcome the feedback though, lifting and ability to lift is something we do and have considered before ownership.

Thank you everyone
Paul

Muscle memory, while possibly inaccurate, is a term frequently used by athletes and musicians when referring to how their body automatically finds the correct positions, to allow them to do certain actions.

The theory goes that by extensive repetition you can train your body to move without your mind consciously having to think about it.

As a guitarist myself I can confirm that after a while your hands / fingers seem to find their own way around the fretboard, correct picking positions etc. without you really having to think about it.

I guess its similar to riding a bike. You can not ride one for years, then one day decide to get back on one and you won't fall off, because you've still got that inherent sense of balance you learned first time around.
Currently owned: OR Doll 157cm "Kitiara" (avatar photo) || JY Doll 153cm "Natalie"
Silicone...TPE...its all good...

Cloudclimax
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Cloudclimax »

Link for the torso, few more to add in the coming days too.

https://cloudclimax.co.uk/product-categ ... ll-torsos/

Best
Paul

INFORMATIONS