Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Real doll repair question.

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to RealDoll, including RealDoll2, Wicked RealDoll and BoyToy

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Wannadollnao1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Real doll repair question.

Post by Wannadollnao1 »

Hello, been lurking around the forums for years and I finally decided to get an account, and, a doll. I original bought a Sanhui, but found that to be too small for me. So, I traded it for a used real doll body type 5, face 11. I'm told is one of the original platinum silicone, so that means it's about 10 years old. It has a severe perineal tear (It has one hole!) that I repaired with Sil-poxy, then, immediately reopened with my massive (not really) wang. So I want to fill in the space because I don't want there to be tension when I spread the legs, as, the orifices on this doll are quite tight. I know that Abyss sells a repair kit. Anyone know what's in it, and if it would be enough? I heard that it's tin cure silicone so I'm not that enthused about it.
I also saw this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LU4YFK6/re ... merReviews it says it has a 20A hardness which seems soft enough. I want to create a new perineum. The plan would be to fill the anal part with a dowel and then just pouring a half inch barrier on top Thoughts on this plan? Fools errand? Genius if it works? Thanks in advance.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Real doll repair question.

Post by TJ_Foxx »

The Abyss repair kit has silpoxy and 2 part silicone mix. Smooth-on makes silpoxy BTW.

If you used Silpoxy and it opened right up, either you didn't repair it properly (cleaning, closing and cure time) or the damage is pretty extensive. A picture might be helpful for those able to give you some advice.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

TJ's is spot on with his comments the area to be repaired needs to be cleaned thourghly. I use a two part cleaner and if unsure repeat! :D Works for me! :D If in doubt contact Dodgeman! :D My girls love him! Saved my but more times than I can of! :D :thumbs_up:

Wannadollnao1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Wannadollnao1 »

Huh. I used acetone to clean the area. i didn’t touch it for 24 hours and It looked invisible once it cured. I’ll post a picture in a bit.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by deerman »

Both alcohol and acetone have a shelf life! :D It needs to be fresh :D

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Wannadollnao1 wrote:SNIPs
I'm told is one of the original platinum silicone, so that means it's about 10 years old.

I know that Abyss sells a repair kit. Anyone know what's in it, and if it would be enough? I heard that it's tin cure silicone so I'm not that enthused about it.
Early RD's were Tin cure and prone to tearing.
I imagine the only thing RD works with now is Plat cure.
Your doll Could be a early Plat?

Tin dolls need Tin silicone fill.
Plat dolls need Plat. You can't mix the two.

Sil-poxy will glue either.
https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/sil-poxy/
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Wannadollnao1 wrote:Huh. I used acetone to clean the area. i didn’t touch it for 24 hours and It looked invisible once it cured. I’ll post a picture in a bit.

There are a lot of variables. Pics would be helpful. Dodgeman for sure can help, and of course Galmato Haven
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Wannadollnao1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Wannadollnao1 »

Here’s the pic. Honestly, the holes are tiny on this doll. It's like one hole is too big, but 2 holes are too small.
Attachments
5CC828FD-5F6A-41B6-AFEF-EF8BBDB5FC8C.jpeg
5CC828FD-5F6A-41B6-AFEF-EF8BBDB5FC8C.jpeg (545.65 KiB) Viewed 1662 times

Wannadollnao1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Wannadollnao1 »

deerman wrote:TJ's is spot on with his comments the area to be repaired needs to be cleaned thourghly. I use a two part cleaner and if unsure repeat! :D Works for me! :D If in doubt contact Dodgeman! :D My girls love him! Saved my but more times than I can of! :D :thumbs_up:
I did a search for a two part silicone cleaner, and came up empty: what's it called?

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by deerman »

I am sorry my two part refers to alcohol to clean and acetone to prepare the surface for the silicone adv. :D

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Also latex gloves should be avoided as that prevents curing. The doll may have been tin silicone and that will not work. Curing silicone requires acetone to clean and from my experience needs 24 hrs to cure

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

INFORMATIONS