Starpery.com

Interesting mold for a potential doll

Got an idea? Need an invention?
hozzle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by hozzle »

This mannequin looks as if it has great potential as a mold for a potential doll. Does anyone know of it's origins or where it can be bought.(see photo) Image Image

angel

Post by angel »

I like the pose and the looks of her face. To me she actually looks like a fashion model in the way she has that stare and relaxed pose. Cool image - thanks!

angel (Charlie Joanne's owner)

Corben_99
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Corben_99 »

I've seen one like that at my local JC Penneys store. Molding her shouldn't be that hard. But who's going to build the internal skeleton for yah? The PVC pipe for the bones is easy. But what about the joints. You would have to weld together a bunch of nuts and bolts to do it. Sounds like fun.

The legs open position looks very inviting. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*** Remember Realdolls were supposed to replace those stiff fiber glass motherf**ers. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ShortCappy

Post by ShortCappy »

She looks like, in a way, a younger Michelle Pfeiffer.

Nada

Post by Nada »

... Hmmm??? Let us SEE...

Lay her down,,, on her Back,,, on a large bed... Rotate that Right Hip, downward, so her Foot rests, naturally, on the bed... Rotate the Left Arm and Hip, to match the Right ones... Do a basic "outside" Mold of that "Layed Out" and "Sexually READY" position... (Forget the structural wires and stuff.) And then, just, pore-in a self-sealing, yet very soft FOAM... (If it gets harder in only the VERY center, then there is your "structural support".) And then, simply, create a variety of replace-able sex parts like the Japanese, so wisely do...

... Nada...
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/lovedollcreations

MarkY

Post by MarkY »

any close-up shots of the face or any shots
at different angles?

ShortCappy

Post by ShortCappy »

Source: The Art of the Mannequin

That's all the images for this young Michelle Pfeiffer-like mannequin, Mark. Although, this isn't a good picture, since the light hits her neck and left side of the jaw.

GDADDY
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by GDADDY »

Wow Nada: What a great idea. Have a doll with the supermodel looks, and a LIGHTWEIGHT support of foam. Seems like if you dropped the internal structure of RD it would eliminate alot of its weight!!! It might also help stop some of its DURABILITY PROBLEMS!!! Maybee they could even lower the price some with this type of doll....alass maybee I'm just dreaming outloud here. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] The G

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

Inflatable dolls have no internal support structure but due to this they can flop in any direction. A foam doll would have somewhat more support, but would still be prone to bend in an un-natural way.

The trick would be to have an internal support structure that is light with strong joints. 1 inch PVC tubing is fine... but the joints would need to be machined or custom molded and assembled.

It could be done.

Another theory would be to use a smaller diameter PVC tubing... say 1/2 inch. This would allow it to bend somewhat... I.E. deform rather than break. Your doll would move in a realistic way... but if you roll over her arm it would deform in an unrealistic way... to prevent breakage.

The key would be the joints. If they pop loose, become disasembled, or break... repair would be problematic. I still like the idea of taking an inflatable type doll, making a solid casting... say plaster bandages... then with her still inside... remove the head and assemble the internal support. It would need to be done by the ship-in-a-bottle method... so it wouldn't be good for production work. Then, fill with soft foam.

In theory it works... but some types of foam break down, don't mix right, etc. The other method would be to cast the body around the support structure, then coat her with latex or other skin. Again problematic.

I will really be interested to see what develops. The one Japanese gentleman that made the anime doll had a wonderful body... but at $16K... thank you... NO.

Jerry

GDADDY
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by GDADDY »

Hey; What if you just ditched the "joint" idea completly and used flexible conduit for the internal skeleton. It would lead to some very unnatural "bendability" sort like thoes little wire gumby dolls of old. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

hozzle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by hozzle »

I just purchased a mannequin I'd like to make a master mold from. Does anybody know what and where I should get the mold material from. I'm thinking of trying a paintable latex to use on the mold and then maybe a silicone later project, so the master mold material should be versatile... if there is such a beast. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

INFORMATIONS