hanson robotics

Got an idea? Need an invention?

animatronic heads?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:39 pm

good enough for me if I could afford them
40%
could be better..I'll wait.
20%
uh..long way to go before I'll be dating one.
40%
sooo creepy I can't sleep now..
No votes

Total votes: 5

Tbuilder
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

hanson robotics

Post by Tbuilder »

Old news.. but a new question..
Hanson Robotics makes "realistic" heads with facial expressions..

my question is .... do you find their current work : promising, good enough for a "doll", creepy.. or what?

Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

My question is, where's the link? Poet
<div><strong>I'll have to make my own Uschi Doll</strong></div><br />

deafleopard
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by deafleopard »

Poet wrote:My question is, where's the link? Poet

http://www.hansonrobotics.com/index.php

Thi is the one I found
Sincerely,
Deafleopard

You don't stop playing with dolls because you grow old. You grow old because you stop playing with dolls.

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

hmmm, this may be worth investigating...

Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

I think any kind of robotic work holds promise. For myself though I just do not see this happening anytime soon.....in regards to sex androids. This stuff has to be expensive with a capitol 'E'. Not to mention complicated & complicated = $$$$$$$ = maintenance = breakdowns = repairs = $$$$$........= frustration.

Not trying to be negative about it all. I simply see these applications as novelty & research items only.......public interest & all that is good & technical advances R great. Trickle down effect to us doll lovers is the best scenerio, in that we can take what's most practical & alter it for our focus. That is unless U want Albert Eisntein to give U some head....which would likely mess up his circuitry a tad...... :roll: Poet
<div><strong>I'll have to make my own Uschi Doll</strong></div><br />

jedimembrain
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jedimembrain »

I work with simple animatronics as a hobby and I can tell you that there is a lot to look forward to for us doll lovers "no pun intended' I could make a simple animatronic face for under $80 no problem. So you really should look at the low budget movie industry for a real look to what is coming because a Place like Hanson is really looking to rip of the big movie makers.

quickman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by quickman »

http://www.hansonrobotics.com/photos/z2 ... ebrows.jpg

A very pretty face even without all the mechanics.

Tbuilder
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Tbuilder »

sorry I should have given a few links out.. I was in a bit of a hurry to post this right before I ran out the door for work..

also see

http://www.nimbacreations.com/Library/a ... c-head.WMV

http://www.yfxstudio.com/human.htm

and of course the japanese and korean versions..Actroid and EveR-1

you can find links to those two about anywhere..

I'm just curious as to how these "talking heads" are perceived

jedimembrain
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jedimembrain »

I feel I should explain why I know Animatronic heads are in the near future and why you won’t be getting them from people like the folks you have listed here. The animatronic faces here are complex as all get out, the only way you would ever see heads like these is if you had a few mil stashed away. But not all hope is lost :) for we have furbys... ehhh wait not the best example... ahhh! I know we have monkeys yes that’s right! As I type people are fucking monkeys right now!... damn it that didn’t come out right at all! Here look at these-
http://www.iirobotics.com/catalog/prod ... cts_id=348

And trust me when I say that this is a rip off there is only about $50 worth of electronics in that hunk of fur.

I will be making a sex doll real soon, I have been working on the blue print for a while now and may I say this is the coolest forum on the net. I will be bouncing my ideas of you guys And or gals in the coming months so please note how serous I am about making a "some what" animatronic love doll.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

animatronics

Post by timetraveler1 »

actually animatronic heads are all around us in kids dolls that move the eyes and mouth when a tape is played in a built in cassette , adapting something like this in a soft faced doll like a french madem could be done . the big question is how long will it last , i think not long if its used or tried to be used for oral sex . i imagine a well built one could last ,( that could even take oral sex on the side ) but i suggest plenty of testing before it goes out to the public and you see many angry people wonder for the extra cost why it didn't hold together better . just my thoughts . :)

beavis6363
Active Poster
Active Poster

tangent article

Post by beavis6363 »

This is a bit tangential but this might be of interest and not really worth a new thread, read and /or disregard as you see fit:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6432307.stm

INFORMATIONS