betterlovedoll.com

How in the world do you post a photo & link in your post

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
litlluvr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

How in the world do you post a photo & link in your post

Post by litlluvr »

Hi...

I'm having trouble trying to insert a photo into my post from my
Member's Gallery album.

I've been trying all the methods I have seen in the help forums and
have asked some of you for help, but everytime I go to preview my
post, my photo still will not appear.

My photos are in the User Gallery under litlluvr.

Folks, when it comes to "scratch text files", HREF's, etc... It's all
gobblety-gook to me!!! I'm the type who needs to know what key to
press, what to click on, what to type in "word for word" and where...

I do know how to highlight & cut-copy-paste So I'm not a total loss...

Please help... litlluvr :(

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

to copy / cut : put your cursor just to the left od what you want to transfer. example : "Copy this" push the left button on the mouse down just before the first quote mark, hold the mouse button down and drag it across the text to the quote on the right, then release the mouse button. This should highlihgt the text. Now, put your cursor onto the highlighted text, and RIGHT click. (Don't hold the right button down, just click it). You should have a small menu come up on your screen. Select cut / copy, or whatever you want to do.

To paste, put the cursor on the place you want the text to be, right click, and select "paste' from th menu. The LAST THING you cut or copied will appear :
"Copy this"

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

A simple way to find out how something is done is to go to a post where you see it done and click on "Quote" at the upper right of that post and a window will open with the text of how it was done. Close the window when you are finished looking at it. There are tools in the post window to help as well.

You get the link to a photo by right clicking in the photo and selecting properties to see the link....simply copy and paste. You can copy the link from the browser as well.

Here is a link to your album:

http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... album=1077

litlluvr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by litlluvr »

Ok, I think I see what I think I was doing wrong. I didn't have [img]
at the beginning of the http and needed to have [/img]
after the
address for the photo...

Hope that's what it was.

Thanks Keithallen & Bill.

littluvr.

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

Yes I think it was you to ask me a few days ago, and I gave you this link to a post I made on the help forum :
<A TARGET="_blank" HREF="http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... a1baf">see here</A>
Hard to explain it easier. Search for the right example, depending on what to do. Left click on the mouse, hold button pressed and move above the example you need to mark its text. Then copy ( strg + c or control + c or whatever it may be with english windows version ). Go to your post, insert text (paste) where you want it. Then exchange the URL or the picture or text ( richt click - properties / copy and paste again )

if you need a key to key description how to write this :

Code: Select all

<A HREF="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=49">click here</A>
then press keys < and A and "spacebar" and H and R and E and F and = and " and so on. DON'T think, just type and pay attention not to miss some " or whatever. It's a computer, it won't understand it if you misspell the programming. Computers, no need to argue with them, you know... It's easy.

( I had problems with pictures being gone in the post after submitting, but if you did it correctly, pictures are definitely shown on preview mode )

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

aww WOW Bill! I always wondered what that 'quote' was for. :lol: :lol:

efish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by efish »

Hi Litlluvr,
Great question!
I still have not been able to post pictures yet. Hopefully this will help. Thanks.

KA love Nicky's blue eyes!
E & Deja<br><br>Enjoy Life!!!

INFORMATIONS