Starpery.com

Free A.I. engine

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Tbuilder
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Free A.I. engine

Post by Tbuilder »

Sort of similar to UltraHal is Cynthia 3.0 which uses MSAgent tech to make a desktop character that can speak and listen...free..
I like what Timetraveler1 is doing with Hal and wanted a free version LOL..

http://www.planetvixens.com/cynthia.php

is the address..

RAMIKO

Re: Free A.I. engine

Post by RAMIKO »

Tbuilder wrote:Sort of similar to UltraHal is Cynthia 3.0 which uses MSAgent tech to make a desktop character that can speak and listen...free..

http://www.planetvixens.com/cynthia.php

is the address..

This Looks Kool!
But So Far I Have'nt DownLoaded This One, Yet!
At The Moment I Have 'Kari-Girl' On My DeskTop!
You Can Check It Out By Going Here!
Kari-Girl Seems Ok, But The Voice Kinda Sounds 'Robotic' Or,
Sounds Too Much Like A Computer, Personally Speaking From
What I've Heard So Far!
I Wonder How 'Cynthia 3.0' Sounds In Comparison
To Kari-Girl, Hmmm....!!??

Ramiko@AOL.Com

Feb.12th,2007
2:09pm
To 'Some People'(JSYK), Lovable Dolls No Longer Exist!! So 'Some People' Can Quit Complaining!! :wink:

beyonder
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by beyonder »

You can buy new voices for Kari. I have *alot*. Its on their website under New Voices on the menu. My personal favorite is Kate & Paul... they sound so real.

:wink:

Tbuilder
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Tbuilder »

Im not sure what the limits are with the voices..the british sounding voice that comes with the install sounds ok and can be tweeked..but from looking around the site and my own personal files I think just about any voice will work..free , or bought.
apparently this thing can sync up to dragon NaturallySpeaking software as well...

beyonder
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by beyonder »

Your right TBuilder...

I think the reason that Kari, Ultra Hal, and I am pretty sure Cynthia, all ship with that British voice is because its free! It doesn't cost the developer anything.

All these programs support TTS SAPI5 voices which are the best ones out there. If you are going to get into AI, I highly recommend you buy some of these. They can make the experiece a whole lot better!

My two cents... :razz:

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

tbuilder said :
Sort of similar to UltraHal is Cynthia 3.0 which uses MSAgent tech to make a desktop character that can speak and listen...free..

it's good to try out the free version to practice and get a feel for a.i. and how it works . as this is what i first did but when you decide thats what you want you can purchase the paid version of ultra hal (or what ever ) with voice recognition as i have done this makes a world of difference in creating a working doll that you can actually talk to , she hears you and answers back with a.i. as i have shown in my video clip . :D their are some other paid voices that sound very human like (at&t natural voice , etc. (paid versions , you can download demo's first ) with the cyberbuddy (free) you can adjust the pitch and even speed of the voice to your liking !the voice on my video clip was of the female british women (speed , etc. adjusted the way i wanted it ) i beleive for anyone who owns a computer the way i have went is the best with wireless mic and speaker , an a.i. system with voice recognition to create a doll that talks , and learns to. :D

fxpert
Ex-Member

cynthia 3.0

Post by fxpert »

i tried this program but it seems to be somewhat difficult to get a word in as she seems to keep on talking. am i doing something wrong?

fxpert

beyonder
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by beyonder »

Go to Options, turn off "Talkative". :D

Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 5000 »

I played around with the ultra-hal demo
for a while. Setup Hal to index my mp3.
All I had to do was say play a song and winamp
would startup.

I don't know about a chatting with Hal. Any
chat room is more fun than talking with
a computer.

In the end its just easier to use the mouse instead of the Hal interface.

But it was fun.. I think it was snowing the
weekend I played with hal

Tbuilder
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Tbuilder »

one of the projects hanging around my cluttered workbench is a portable xp program..I've got a theory about being able to carry the a.i. engine with me wherever I go without a laptop..etc..
clearly it isn't practical to take a doll along on trips etc.. but it may be possible to take along a virtual version avatars, voices, and voice rec. included..I know it would be easy to create a web version and just log in to a private session, but there is something about being able to carry it along in your pocket.. lol

deusbot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by deusbot »

Cyntia seems to be based on a visual basic program called "answerpad". She pops up a hidden console used in answerpad when you type "sm666" in.
http://planetvixens.proboards85.com/ind ... 1164465227
It seems to have been around a while. You can find answerpad with source code at http://www.answerpad.s5.com/

KiriGirl training syntax reminds me of Answerpad, and possibly both come from the same base. KiriGirl was once MSAgent based too (again pointing to Answerpad) but now has a custom "scene" creation process. They both have a free association model which means you can just type things in without working at "programming".

A nice list of possible chat bots to investigate can be found at
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Artificial_In ... atterbots/

I'm trying to see what happens to KiriGirl when you dump a lot of simple data mined from google into her. Simple "I want to make you happy" sort of stuff, just several megs of it.

A web bot I'm working on that's more serious is http://www.daxtron.com/eyebot . She in java and takes a while to load if you play with her. But you can ask "What do you know about the north korea nuclear program" or "what does cyc know about kevlar" or "show me an SR-71" and get something back. The point is most of the thing you want are on the web, its just finding the right source to use at the right time. And also chat while doing it.
Artificial Intelligence is the study of how to make real computers act like the ones in the movies -Anon

The questions you ask determine the discoveries you will make - db

INFORMATIONS