Starpery.com

Result of my plan (Fanta+French Madame)

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Nonfactor
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Nonfactor »

If you do that I'd suggest inflating the body to the desired shape and forming some type of cast around it to stabilize its shape when you add the silicone. Otherwise it'll deform before the silicone gets a chance to dry.

filicia22x

Post by filicia22x »

for once i do think me and nonfactor agree on this,,
sounds like a expensive venture that would lead to a mess not a fun doll,,
mabey you could blow the doll up tight and mold her from that then you could make your own doll without the problems we mentioned,,
and of coarse you have to have a curing agent for the silicone or it wont dry i think a fiberglass mold is a great idea ,because you are going to end up with a slightly sloppy doll either way,,,,no offence
in memory of my
sweet killing machine

Nonfactor
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Nonfactor »

In that case I'd use a mannequin as the base, the French Madame body isn't that correct (arms too short, armpits too low, makes posing very diffiult) and usually has folds and small blemishes.

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

i just don't think you guys fully understand the work that goes into molding a silicone doll from scratch. even when you use a hard bodied mannequin as form. try to mold your own and tell me your results. It is very difficult especially if it is all one piece like a realdoll. some people make their own molds out of silicone. some people use blocks of clay. all need a release agent sprayed or applied generously or all you have is a lump of crap. air pockets during the pouring or not mixing you intrinsic colors well or taking too long to mix them can also cause huge problems. If i had a 1pc or a realdoll i might try to make a duplicate of the body and then use my own choice of face. but it is extremely labor intensive and I'm not sure I can mix that large amount of silicone quickly enough to get it used before it starts to set. I could probably self teach myself with a couple possible mistakes but that's a costly mistake I can't afford. What if you didnt fill the doll the first pass. What if you filled the domax in stages. fill the feet up to the ankles then let it set and then fill some more, say up to the knees and then let it set. That way you can avoid deformity while moderating silicone use and waste. It will take more time but when you are spending several hundred on a project it's best to take your time. and with filling a doll you could cut out intrinsic color cost. intrinsic colors are 24.99 an ounce and an ounce doesnt go as far as most people would like. You would also be cutting out mold material costs. If you made a good mold you could mold several dolls if you got good. but what would i do with several dolls all of the same body. I have a mannequin. I might play around and try to mold one out of latex just for grins to see what i think as a cheap substitute. I just hate cooking up latex. It's almost twice the work of silicone to save some cash. anyways, i need to brainstorm some more on this and see what i think. peace

INFORMATIONS