teddy-babes.com

Hair Care Tips For Deluxe Jasmine?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Teddy Babes
Cocoloco
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Hair Care Tips For Deluxe Jasmine?

Post by Cocoloco »

So I just ordered a Deluxe Jasmine TB and am awaiting her arrival. Have already been suggested a second wig, and have a Spirit Halloween Amy Winehouse wig with no tangles that just needs to be repinned in a few places (but intend to replace it when Spirit stores reopen for the season and put a want ad out on Craigslist), but I'd like to know how to maintain her original stunning dark curly mane since that was one of my main attractions to her.

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Hair Care Tips For Deluxe Jasmine?

Post by Karrot »

Difficult with a fashion wig if she's going to sleep in bed with you. Honest advice would be to get a bed time wig for her thats similar, but cheap, so you can replace when it becomes a rats nest.

The reason I say this is that brushing curly synthetic wigs separates out the natural gatherings in the strands. Real hair has grease and moisture in it (even washed hair) and this caused the strands to group together giving that wonderful tousled appearance. Brushing a synthetic wig will remove this grouping as the stands wont have a tendency to stick back together.

You can get around this somewhat with a good quality wig fibre oil as shown here http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=47417

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

Cocoloco
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Cocoloco »

Thanks. Is there any way that bathing caps, nightcaps, shower caps, etc. could be used?

edit: Also, what about combing rather than brushing?

Cocoloco
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Cocoloco »

And I have heard of silicone lubricant spray being used as a means of keeping curly or very long theatrical & cosplay wigs from tangling, and that adds a silky quality to the wig hairs as well as keeping it from tangling. Would silicone lubricant from someplace like an auto parts store or home center, or from the household needs section of a supermarket, be any good for this? If so, how do I go about it??

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

To keep her hair nice and tidy, have her wear a hair net, or even a beanie hat.

Cocoloco
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Cocoloco »

Tybalt wrote:To keep her hair nice and tidy, have her wear a hair net, or even a beanie hat.
Great idea. Thanks... can get those easily

Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

With curly wigs like Jasmine's it's a good idea to use a pick instead of a brush or comb. You can get comb/pick combos as well. Work any tangles out gently using the pick, don't pull a comb or brush through curly synthetic fibers or the ends will frizz. The best kind of brush to use is a steel bristle paddle style wig brush *without* knobs on the ends of the bristles. To preserve the wig fibers and prevent frizzing, you can either remove the wig at night and put on a cap, hair turban or wig cap, or keep the wig on but cover it with a cap or scarf. It's a good idea to get a wig stand for at night, when you're combing the wig out, and to store the wig, this also helps prevent tangling. I use plastic, tall stands for my longer wigs. You can find them cheap ($10) on Amazon.

I've never used a silicone spray on my wigs, so I don't know if it will damage the fibers. If you decide to use it, make sure you test it on an inconspicuous area first. I use wig conditioner and detangling spray which you can find at wig suppliers and probably on Amazon.

When it's time to wash your wig, you can use Woolite in cool water in the sink. Do not agitate the wig, just let it soak and move the fibers gently with your fingers. The same goes for rinsing. Wrap it in a thick towel to draw the moisture out, then let it dry on a stand to preserve the hair and cap shape. Never apply heat to a cosplay or even human grade wig, it degrades the fibers, kills the curl and causes frizzing. Never use a hair dryer on a wet, curly wig. It takes the curl out and melts the fibers. Only human hair and heat proof synthetic wigs can handle heat.

If you follow the above instructions your wig should stay looking like new for years. I have two synthetic human grade wigs that still look brand new after seven years, and they're worn regularly.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Great information Sekhmet! I have always had a hard time with wigs and these recommendations should definitely help. :thumbs_up:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

I use a turban sometimes as it does help to keep the wig from getting too ratty while sleeping and still looks pretty good.
turban.jpg
turban.jpg (196.75 KiB) Viewed 2485 times

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

A lesson I learned early on as doll owner is that long hair is great for posing and looks but not for having fun with your doll (unless you love to constantly have her hair in your face). Since then I either make a pony tail or give her a short wig for cuddling/sleeping etc. - so my Anette (which is actually a Lisa) got a Nicole wig.
060_Hey_Baby_What_Ya_Up_To.jpg
060_Hey_Baby_What_Ya_Up_To.jpg (135.95 KiB) Viewed 2472 times

INFORMATIONS