Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Quality of Abyss Creations female hands

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to RealDoll, including RealDoll2, Wicked RealDoll and BoyToy

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Moolap the Apeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quality of Abyss Creations female hands

Post by Moolap the Apeman »

A youtube personality owns a love doll made by a company other than Abyss Creations. I've seen photos of her and she's very beautiful. In general, he seems happy with her, but her hands were not well made. The fingers were simple wires inside of TPE, and those wires ended up breaking. He therefore needed to do surgery on her by cutting open the TPE and replacing the wires with more sturdy ones. The end result was that he successfully replaced the wires, but the TPE patch-up made it look like she has very scarred hands.

That brings me to my question. Do Real Dolls have markedly better quality hands than cheaper brands? The price of dolls where he got his were around half has cheap as ones from Abyss Creations. Many of those dolls look very sexy, but I wonder if it may be worth paying more for a Real Doll due to better quality construction and hence better durability. How's the durability of Real Doll hands? How about other areas?

TripleA
Doll
Doll

Re: Quality of Abyss Creations female hands

Post by TripleA »

Moolap the Apeman wrote:A youtube personality owns a love doll made by a company other than Abyss Creations. I've seen photos of her and she's very beautiful. In general, he seems happy with her, but her hands were not well made. The fingers were simple wires inside of TPE, and those wires ended up breaking. He therefore needed to do surgery on her by cutting open the TPE and replacing the wires with more sturdy ones. The end result was that he successfully replaced the wires, but the TPE patch-up made it look like she has very scarred hands.

That brings me to my question. Do Real Dolls have markedly better quality hands than cheaper brands? The price of dolls where he got his were around half has cheap as ones from Abyss Creations. Many of those dolls look very sexy, but I wonder if it may be worth paying more for a Real Doll due to better quality construction and hence better durability. How's the durability of Real Doll hands? How about other areas?
If it is the video that I think it is, this individual tried several different things and methods to close the wound from the surgery, but was indeed successful in the end. Unfortunately his lack of experience caused some undue scarring. But he persevered and succeeded!

Abyss does use wires of significantly larger diameter and probably different composition than the cheaper dolls. They will and do still poke thru if not treated gently. But to my knowledge do not suffer from breakage and dislocation from the base as the cheaper dolls do!

Quality is subjective, but to me the quality of their workmanship is far superior to almost any doll on the market! (ONLY MY OPINION!) And silicone cannot in my opinion be compared to TPE they are two different materials with their own set of pro's and con's!

As far as other area's, what will satisfy you in a doll depends on: How you plan on using your doll and what features are important to you and what features you are willing to compromise on. There is NO perfect doll! Except the ONE YOU LOVE!

(" All of the above is ONLY MY OPINIONS! ")
April Annabelle Atleur - AKA - TripleA

My Gallery Link: http://missatleur.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=10003

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Yeah, I agree with April! Fingers in skeletons have been discussed many times here and they are still very difficult to produce to provide an accurate representation of a real person. If there was anything better than wires attached to a palm plate in some way I think it would have been produced by now! The main problem is providing enough ‘flesh’ to cover the skeleton. Unlike our own bodies where there is little flesh covering the bones in the hand, there needs to be sufficient thickness to avoid the material from ripping apart!

That being said, some manufacturers are producing better overall skeletons now in both silicone and TPE. Finger pokes (wires poking through the end of the fingers) and separation of finger wires from the palm plate will always be a problem though if care is not taken. Sadly, I’ve had both of these occur in my Ashaki just by moving her about! You do have to be careful where the arms and hands are when turning a lady for instance but I think my problems occurred when she fell a couple of times trying to get her to stand in poses! (Fortunately no other damage!)

So, at the moment, wires are the only way to get fingers to hold positions!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

Abyss has added an upgrade on the feet and hands for all their new dolls called Duracast. The 'skin' is noticeably stronger to prevent exactly what you're describing you saw in the video. While damaging the hands is still possible, outside of a serious oversight or willful neglect it'd be difficult to accidentally hurt them. Like all dolls, hand placement is extremely important while transporting, cleaning, playing, etc... If you take care of the doll they'll last much, much longer and in better condition.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

abyss uses platinum silicone not tpe for its dolls! the finger wires are heaver and jointed! :D

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Moolap the Apeman wrote: That brings me to my question. The price of dolls where he got his were around half has cheap as ones from Abyss Creations. Many of those dolls look very sexy, but I wonder if it may be worth paying more for a Real Doll due to better quality construction and hence better durability.
Only YOU can answer that question.

For many of us the answer is a resounding YES.

ABYSS, there is no substitution ... #ReaLdoll #BoyToy #Wicked
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

I believe Dollyman25442 has got the best solution to date, with this setup!

And here is a video of the hand articulation. Can't wait to see Jolene with her new hands! She will be the first in the World if this is successful, and I believe it will be!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jpve-e ... sp=sharing

Another SCORE for Doll Owners!
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

Moolap the Apeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Moolap the Apeman »

Many, many thanks to all for taking the time to answer my questions. I'm so glad I found this forum. It's helping me to do my homework. Whatever doll I buy will be an informed decision.

CrazyCajun, those new kind of hands look very promising! Is there a specific name for that type of hand?

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

Dollyman25442 is in the final testing phase for these hands, the next step, I do believe is to do surgery on his beautiful Jolene so that will make her, to my knowledge, the very first TPE girl in the world to have fully articulated hinged fingers! This is definitely exciting, because eventually the manufacturers will adopt jointed articulated fingers. But this is a solution for the existing Synthetic Girls. Not only will they not be left behind, they will lead the pack!
CrazyCajun and the Girls

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

CrazyCajun wrote: This is definitely exciting, because eventually the manufacturers will adopt jointed articulated fingers. But this is a solution for the existing Synthetic Girls. Not only will they not be left behind, they will lead the pack!
Matt McMullen did articulated jointed fingers 15 years ago. For whatever reason, it didn't catch on. Maybe the time is right now IDK.

Not polite to mention the creepy Matt's company within the manufacturer specific forum of ABYSS and ReaLDOLL. If he is leading the pack, it must be in reverse.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

siliconelover:
[ Matt McMullen did articulated jointed fingers 15 years ago. For whatever reason, it didn't catch on. Maybe the time is right now IDK. ]
Yes; I know the ones of which you speak, and they were probably the most advanced hands ever put into a doll. It didn't catch on because Matt could not get them to a realistic price point. And I really believe that he did it as an art project and maybe to prove to himself what level of realism he could actually bring to them. They were amazing for sure. But I don't think they were ever intended for production!

[ Not polite to mention the creepy Matt's company within the manufacturer specific forum of ABYSS and ReaLDOLL. If he is leading the pack, it must be in reverse. ] (1): You are correct and I apologize if I have an any way offended anyone. But these hands are, "at least to some" going to be a big deal if Dollyman25442 can work out all of the issues to bring them to production!
(2): I have had the pleasure of meeting Matt McMullen and I don't think anyone "who has met him for sure" would consider him to be creepy. He is a very down to earth, Polite individual and has a fantastic sense of humor and an indisputable eye for art and beauty! I don't think anyone could/would argue the many contributions that he has and continues to make to the doll hobby and industry as a whole.
(3): For the last few years; with few exceptions: by a limited number of manufacturers: the important breakthroughs in REAL improvements to dolls have come from Doll Owners and Enthusiasts. My Kayla was "still to my knowledge" the first TPE doll to have a fully hinged and articulated neck assembly, "which is still the most durable and reliable" around. April is "to my knowledge" the first TPE doll to have a decent palm plate with replaceable finger wires! And now Dollyman25442
is on the verge of producing the AS OF NOW best hand ever put into a TPE doll. So Yes I would consider him a Pack leader in that respect!

Of course all of this is ONLY MY OPINION, but I bet I am not the only one that is of this opinion!

And I have publically stated and will state it again that Abyss's workmanship is FAR superior to most any doll manufacturer; silicone or TPE! This is not only concerning the hands, but the entire doll as a whole!
CrazyCajun and the Girls

INFORMATIONS