SexDollAmerica.com

Doll Album Enhancements

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Doll Album Enhancements

Post by Inkling »

Many in Old Doll Album had an image reflecting some information about their doll(s). I would like to do this across the board on our new Doll Album. I will be sending many people a PM (Private Message) asking for information about their dolls (almost no one includes this in their profile).

I have added non-TDForum memberships that are View Only memberships.

Those who are TDF members who have no images uploaded will eventually be registered Inactive. Once someone has photos to upload, they can send me PM (no e-mail) me with doll information and I will change registration to Active, then put image in album.

I call this an "enhancement" for two reasons:
Folks can register only with TDAlbum in hopes of increasing traffic and therefore, in hopes of increasing toy store revenue.
Second, people who visit your albums will know what they are looking at.

The following image is not for you to fill out, but to give you an idea of what information I am seeking. When time permits, I will chose colors that go better with your particular doll.
--------------------
For TDF/TDA management:
Those who can view User list in admin menu will be able to clearly see the difference. Active will mean TDForum member, registered TDAlbum, with uploaded photos that have informational image.
<i>Inactive</i> next to User Name means they are TDForum members who have registered, but have no photos to upload.
<i>Non-TDF</i> means these are only registered with TDAlbum, are not TDForum members, and have View Only access.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

dwhite601
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dwhite601 »

Hi Inkling,

You might want to skip the 'hair color' field. Many of us have several different wigs and besides, the color is clear from the photos.

David
See my girls Image

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

I considered that. It was a flip of the coin. Old Doll Album included it, so I decided to do so as well. If someone has multiple wigs, they can write "misc", or "many", or whatever. I would prefer if they maybe leave it blank or enter color that reflects how the doll arrived.

Usually folks photograph their doll the way it arrived, and that would be the hair color - the first sets of photos uploaded.

<i>Everyone:</i> please respond to PMs being sent.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Several individuals are confused about what to put for "Model" when they own a RealDoll (Abyss), and they only have head/body type.

I know this will come as a bit of a 8O , but some folks do not have a RealDoll. :) :wink: If you have a RealDoll, "Model" will not appear on the image file. "Model" is for other dolls, like:
Model: Candy Girl 19
Head/Body: Nana
Or:
Model: A, B, C, D, E, or F (don't remember one with G).

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

I did mine - having not read the instructions that say Ink will do it...

I typed it as a Word document, formatted it as a table, did a screenshot to the Clipboard (ALT-PRINT SCREEN in Windows), pasted the clipbord (CTRL-V) into a graphics editor (IrfanView in my case), and saved it as an image file.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

A couple members made their own data sheets which is way cool, saving me time/labor. Thanks!

I have started using "RealDoll" for "Model" because Abyss also had latex and mini-dolls once - and they might have another product in the future. 8)
I did something less complicated: fire up Paint program that comes with Win OS. Pick color from doll image of persons' doll. Click A button in tool panel. Copy/paste information from text editor (Notepad) that came from PM member(s) send me. Lines are done in Paint program too.
I know Everhard has Irfanview. I used that to convert from .bmp to .jpg. I had Paint able to do jpg and bmp but lost upgrade March 2005.

Hard part was looking all over for freeware fonts so I could make most dolls have their own "signature" for their name in information sheet.

INFORMATIONS