www.exdollus.com

DS 132 Li Head

Reviews on DS Doll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
lithium
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

DS 132 Li Head

Post by lithium »

This thread is locked. To view the original thread and post a comment please see:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=45418

Hey everyone,

So I purchased a doll from DSDoll recently (it JUST arrived today) and I have finally had a bit of free time to type out my thoughts. TDF has posted that there are no pics allowed of the 132cm dolls made by DSDoll so I will definitely not be posting any images as I enjoy this forum, without this forum I would have never purchased from DSDoll in the first place - so I hope that this post helps others decide whether or not they should take the plunge. I know that a lot of people feel that the 132cm dolls look far too young, and that is fine for you to think - if the DSDoll 132cm is not the doll for you, it's not the doll for you. Please move along and purchase something else, as there is not much of a point for people to be ranting about personal opinions of other people's personal opinions.

ABOUT ME: (you can skip this part if you don't care, just adding extra info)
For starters I am a Male in my Mid-Twenties, and the main reason for this purchase is for pleasure / to have something nice to look at around the house when I'm alone. I previously owned a CassiDoll Torso w/ Foam Attachments which is now long gone. (I did not have enough room for two smaller-sized dolls in my home else I would have just purchased a bigger sized doll from the get go. I do plan on owning larger dolls from DSDoll in the future, as I get room to start a collection.)

I have a girlfriend who so happens to enjoy my desire for silicone dolls. She lives about 7 hours away and has a much lesser desire for "fun times" in comparison to myself, so she's quite happy for me to have something else to "have fun" with when she's not around or even when she's around, haha. She also helped me pick out my doll's name, which is "Cynthia",

ORDER PROCESS:
DSDoll asked me to pay 30% up-front to start working on the doll. Upon completion they asked for the remainder of 70%, I paid this second invoice and in the same day received a set of tracking numbers for DHL. (I said tracking numbers plural as I opted to have the head shipped in one box and the body shipped in another box, which is something a lot of other forum members have been doing so I decided to follow suit, although I do not really think it's necessary to ship in 2 separate boxes, it's just for people who feel uncomfortable at the thought of a customs agent looking at your product and seeing a petite female human all put together. Normally it will just be 1 cardboard box or wooden crate.)

I ended up having to wait a bit of extra time due to Chinese New Year (which is not just one day, it's a decent sized celebration), but even with that interfering I still received my doll exactly 1 month after I placed an order. You heard me correctly, exactly 1 month after I placed the order. I ordered on February 04, 2013 and received the package to my door on March 04, 2013... and hey, February only has 28 days so in theory that's only 4 weeks / 28 days total to receive my doll. You get the idea, it was fast! (I shopped around and comparable sites are usually looking like 2 months minimum.)

SHIPPING PROCESS:
The doll was shipped out and 5 days later (including the weekend) I had received my order. As I said above it was exactly 28 days of time from when I placed the order and when I received the doll - and this is including Chinese New Year, including the fact I live in the US, and including weekends during the shipment. I did not end up having to pay any customs fees / import taxes / etc, which is amazing, but I do believe it is possible for this to happen so keep your wallet prepared just in case. Any time I have ordered something from overseas it's been fee-free, but I may just be lucky?

DHL brought the package to my door just like any other delivery service (UPS, Fedex, etc.), I did not have to go out of my way to obtain it - but this is also using a Cardboard Box method not a wooden crate, I can only verify from my experience ordering a 132cm doll with Cardboard box shipped to USA. You will have to sign something upon receipt - it's a multi-thousand dollar doll, you'll want to sign for it.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION / USE:
This is what really matters, how enjoyable the product is once it's actually here in my home. I ordered the 132cm Body with Light Pink Skin, Li Head, Light Green Eyes, GLong Hair with tight joints, simulate silicone, no finger/toe wires, planted eyebrows, with a removable insert. I'm very happy with my choice, I decided on the tight joints because it's better for posing and keeping her in position. I went with the simulate silicone as I don't want the added risk of tearing with the softer kind - and simulate feels amazing as-is. I said no to the finger and toe wires as I have had bad experience with wires poking through silicone in the past. Planted eyebrows look far more realistic so I added that and it came out perfect. The removable insert was a no brainer, I do not want to have to lug a doll around (no matter how lightweight she is) just to clean her every so often. With the removable insert it's much easier to keep hygienic.

I have seen people ask about "removable or built-in", and I can only review the removable... it feels great, it has a nice texture inside, and is appealing to look at while being used. If you spread the dolls legs open wide it will look a bit odd without something to fill the insert - but that does not really matter much in my book. That would be the ONLY benefit in my opinion, the fact that if you get the built-in insert it will be more realistic with the movements of the legs opening... other than that, the removable wins.

The overall weight of the doll is very light, compared to the CassiDoll (the only other doll I've owned for comparison) it feels about 2/3 the weight - a rough estimate of course. I am easily able to pick her up and carry her almost anywhere. I do not struggle in the slightest. I am fairly muscular but not a body builder by any means.

SUMMARY:
Pictures and videos online cannot describe in detail how amazing this doll really is. Once you receive it, once you feel the feet, the shins, the knees and thighs - then you'll truly understand what sort of quality you are dealing with. When you move the legs around and imagine the advanced joint structure inside - you'll simply understand. When you unbox the head and see the details on the face, the beautiful hair - it all comes together, you start to realize why you made the investment and it'll put nothing but a smile on your face.

I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I know that $3500+ USD is a lot of money to spend on any one item, but so long as you have the funds and are willing to take care of your investment, you'll be more than happy. I cannot wait to stop typing so I can get back to exploring my new doll, Cynthia. :)

So that about sums it up, my overall experience is 5 out of 5 Stars with DSDoll. I will order from them again, in fact I'm figuring out which head I want to purchase now so I can have more variety over time.

If you have any questions, please write them in this thread and I will do my best to answer them in a timely manner.

Thanks for reading,
lithium

lithium
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Review: DS Doll Sweet - 132cm Body w/ Li Head (no pics)

Post by lithium »

I'll take some clothed pics shortly, I may pick up a new DSLR for the job. Clothes arrive Wednesday, so it won't be until after then if at all.
(I will re-read all of those postings to see what TDF says about clothed face pics before posting of course.)

lithium
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by lithium »

eeniemeenie: The cardboard box was in perfect condition, and of course the doll was too. I mainly ordered the cardboard because I did not want a big wooden crate showing up at my house - as that would stick out like a sore thumb. Anyway, DSDoll does a great job with packaging - they put ample foam boards / foam peanuts in the places that need protecting in the cardboard box option, and i'm sure the crate has the same.

xiaobing: I did not pick the movable eyes for this one as it did not exist 1 month ago, but I am highly considering ordering an additional head with movable eyes now - even though i'm quite content with the standard eye option, but being able to add that extra amount of realism seems like a good option.

lithium
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by lithium »

xioabing: No the eyes stay open at all times, unless of course you go with something more like the "Min" head which is almost closed. The simulate feels pretty good. The breasts are quite petite so you won't have much of a handful, but the feeling is fairly realistic without a huge risk of any damage to take place, the breasts are much softer than other parts of the body. Also, I am debating between "He" and "Fei" for my next head. I will most likely get blonde hair with blue eyes or black hair with brown eyes for my next head, but I really like the current hair/eyes I chose for Cynthia, I just would rather get something different this next time around.

barbarous: not a problem, I simply felt there is not enough information out there explaining satisfaction with DSDoll as they are a fairly new company, and I wanted others to know of the joyful experience I have had with this company.

lithium
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by lithium »

I paid extra shipping to ship the head and body separate, and if I ordered a second doll (138 in addition to the 132 i own already) i'd probably do the same again.

I am actually considering the 160cm as my next doll. I just ordered a couple extra heads to 'get me by' for right now, but i'm highly considering getting the 160cm, probably with Kayla head. I think I will wait at least a few more months before I go down that route though.

I also think I will get the loose joints this time around, just to have a good comparison. I have a feeling it will feel more 'life like' instead of 'doll like', which will be good to experience.

Anyway, was just browsing and saw this thread active again - thought I'd chime in.

INFORMATIONS