www.exdollus.com

DS 160 Thera Samantha Heads

Reviews on DS Doll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
Woekie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

DS 160 Thera Samantha Heads

Post by Woekie »

This thread is locked. To view the original thread and add a comment please see:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=74084

After years of doubting and quite a long search (http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=72394), my DS160 arrived today. I ordered both the Thera and the Samantha head. They are called Narumi (Thera) and Yumika (Samantha) 8O.

I ordered the doll from DS Doll Europe (Doll Studio). The communication with Sandro has been good and I'm very glad I ordered the doll there and did not import it myself. Most of my mails were answered the same or following day :thumbs_up:.

Due to the lack of a proper export license and seriously bad paper work the doll was held in customs for two weeks :( (See http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=72886). For those who did not click the link: These problems originate at the manufacturer and have nothing to do with DS Doll Europe. Luckily customs are known to be very careful with packages :whistle:. So the carton was torn at several places, the neck pin poked through the foam etc :evil:. Fortunately the dolls are constructed well and the boxes are made from a sturdy double layer carton. Having seen the pictures of the package when it arrived at DS Doll Europe I was seriously worried :x. Sandro reassured the doll itself was fine. He repaired and strengthened the box.
IMG_4299.JPG
IMG_4299.JPG (267.24 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
The reinforced package...
IMG_4300.JPG
IMG_4300.JPG (298.02 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
Sleeping-bag-beauty and two heads well wrapped.
IMG_4301.JPG
IMG_4301.JPG (113.87 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
Cute socks? He don't show that!
IMG_4302.JPG
IMG_4302.JPG (249.37 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
My solution for storing: a bag normally used for kite surfing. To strengthen the bag a wooden plate is placed at the bottom of the bag. On top of that the perfectly fitting :D foam of the original DS box.

And then (after being properly dressed) the first look into her eyes.... mesmerizing, hard to describe...
IMG_4305 Head.jpg
IMG_4305 Head.jpg (104.77 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
IMG_4305.JPG
IMG_4305.JPG (93.61 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
IMG_4308.JPG
IMG_4308.JPG (96.82 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
For now I'll complete this post with a short review:

Ordering through DS Dolls Europe:
- Would order there again without a doubt.
- Adequate response to questions.

Shipping from manufacturer:
- A very sad story. As I browsed this forum I read previously the time between order and delivery to Europe has be around three weeks. Mine took almost two months! DS Dolls: Please try to get a proper shipping license and fix the paperwork.

The doll:
- More beautiful than I imagined. During the long wait I became a bit worried. Did I make the right choice? I appreciate details a lot. Should I have chosen a 4W instead? Now the doubt is gone. Of course there are seams and some very small pieces of silicone at the fingers and toe's. But they are forgotten easily when you see the shape, color and details of the body and the heads.
- Weight: A little bit heavier that I had hoped. Still good to handle though. I had the feeling the 145 would be too small for me. Glad I listened to that feeling :)
- Body measurements: I really looked forward to dressing her and taking pictures. The right measurements would mean I could easily find and buy clothes for her. I can only say the DS160 is perfect in this respect. So far all the clothes I bought fit perfectly. She was really made for this!
- Joints: Stiff. It does take some time to get used to it. Glad I choose the stiff once for posing.

That's all I can think of right now. If you have questions feel free to ask. Might post more pictures later...

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Introducing Narumi and Yumika (DS160 Thera and Samantha)

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi Woekie,

thank you for posting this review. I am very happy to hear that you like your girl(s)!
Woekie wrote:Due to the lack of a proper export license and seriously bad paper work the doll was held in customs for two weeks :( (See http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=72886). For those who did not click the link: These problems originate at the manufacturer and have nothing to do with DS Doll Europe.
To avoid any misunderstandings: Doll Sweet was for a long time the only Chinese manufacturer capable of doing regular exports with proper paperwork and without involving any middlemen.

All other Chinese manufacturers and vendors rely on so called shipping agents respectively "shipping consultants". AFAIK, Doll Sweet can (or could) ship through shipping agents as well. I am not sure why this shipment was sent directly from Dalian with TNT. It might have been an attempt to fulfil an order "by any means necessary" under changed circumstances (like changed export restrictions) not under influence by DS.

Steven has promised me that they are working to resolve the export permit issue; the expected timeframe is "a couple of weeks", so this should happen approximately until August. To state this clearly: Doll Sweet is the only Chinese company bothering to obtain respectively renew their export permit. After this issue has been resolved, everything should be back to normal in regard to shipping andeffective lead times.

Sandro

Woekie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Woekie »

INTJonny wrote:hey thanks for sharing that kite surfing bag is genius.
Imma look that up now
I was amazed myself how good the foam fits, it's really a perfect match.
I have the 160cm version of this bag: http://www.mysticboarding.com/products/ ... th-wheels/

Woekie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Woekie »

Can anyone help out? What is the best way to share a photo shoot? This forum or the doll album? :P

Here's a starter. Any comments to improve my photography are welcome... I've just started with this new hobby 8O
Attachments
IMG_4319.JPG
IMG_4319.JPG (131.09 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
IMG_4334.JPG
IMG_4334.JPG (92.02 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
IMG_4337.JPG
IMG_4337.JPG (87.42 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
IMG_4336.JPG
IMG_4336.JPG (78.83 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
IMG_4347.JPG
IMG_4347.JPG (109.9 KiB) Viewed 2237 times

Woekie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Woekie »

Mondoon wrote:I think the preferred method of showing photographs is to load them into the doll album and then reference them in your photo shoot post on TDF.
One reason for that is because attachments take up more space on the server whereas the referenced ones are on the Doll Album server.
Thanks... :)

Let's see if I can make this work!

(Thanks to the admin who fixed the link!)

INFORMATIONS