In Loving Memory of our dear friend Slate

Paying our respect to TDF members and their friends and family who have passed on.
silicomorphos
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by silicomorphos »

Hi Ish,
my mother passed thru the same sickness,that last for three years and 6 complete cyrcles of chemiotherapy.
Sometimes in life we do not understand at that moment why things happen.Maybe our emotional world can not understand the earning of ones lost.But the "universe" it is not a Hostile place,on the contrary,is a better place!
"Let it be a happy suprise" when that moment comes,one of my friend used to say!
I wish i can have the courage and the inner strenght that Slate show the last moments of his life.I hope his absence,will make all of us think,for a moment,how beautifull and desireable life is when someone has his health,and how minimum and without meaning our human life problems are.

S.D
Former owner of Nicolina / Tracy

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

My deepest condolences to Scott and his family.

I joined TDF two days after his last post and so didn't have the chance to enjoy his company here.
Ishtaria's moving tribute gave me a true indication of his spirit and the kind of person he was as evidenced by the rest of the posts here which validate that feeling. I know he was a special person through you.

If he was as kind and gentle as I believe he was, then he has been welcomed on the first step of his new journey, whatever his belief. I'm hoping that his family and his friends find strength and support to get them through this.

Peace,
PBS
[=edited out refs to RD Doctor, out of respect]

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

PB,

With all due respect, the man that Ishtaria and the rest of us are mourning is a man named Scott, a.k.a. "Slate" on the Forum, but we are not referring to Slade, the RD "Doctor."

It's an easy mistake to make, and many of us did when Scott/Slate first joined the Forum. If you want to get to know a little more about Slate, you can start at the beginning of this thread, and look at the links that show you his postings, his profile, etc.

Slate touched many lives here, some very, very deeply. He will live on through this forum and in our hearts, and through all whose lives he blessed.

Respectfully,
Ricardo
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

Crazyjose
Former Member

Post by Crazyjose »

I also wish to express condolences to Scott and his family. I didn't know him as the others here but you can tell how loved his was from the posting. I like it that we can show our love here in cyberspace and I know he feel it where he is at.
Love
Crazyjose

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

My apologies to anyone offended (including Slade).
Thank you, Ricardo, for pointing that out so kindly.
My comments are still relevant I hope with regard to the person whom I've read all of your moving tributes. I may not have known him, but I will be able to thanks to the links at the top, and thank you Ish for providing them.

Again, my condolences to you who have suffered the loss of your friend...

"...Put out the Light, then put out the light -
Vibes in the sky invite you to dine.
Dust to dust, Blow to Blow,
Bolan and Moony are heading the show tonight..."
(-K. Bush, "Blow Away")

RIP,
PBS

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

:cry: Damn, the passing of such a good man is heartbreaking :cry:

We will all miss Slate, though as we do, we should also feel lucky to have shared a part of his life. There is not much else I can say that hasn't already been covered. Ricardo, PB, Soon-2 be, and everyone else, I echo your thoughts of sadness.

Ish, please forward my condolances to Donna.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Istaria, and others,

I read this news bit late (party yesteday evening).
I remember Slate's fight agains the pain, and his gracefull attitude in his last days on this forum.
As a inflatable love doll owner *with an Alexa in his collection ;)* I've learned a lot of this man.
I remember him as a very kind person that has trown out his own ideas about inflatable *vinyl* dolls.
And as the man who has remembered the world about the fact that these dolls have also have certain qualities and that there are cheaper possibilities beside the silicone lovelies.
I hope his wife reads this post and hope I can send my condoleances to her in this way.

mytime
One dream, one mission...

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

Please pass my condolances to Slate's wife and all his friends. :cry:

Thank you Ish, for your tribute to Scott. The courage with which he faced the inevitable is truly an insiration.

All will mourn his passing. But let us celibrate his life!

I raise my glass to a man who chose to share his good life with the world.

Thank You Scott.

divergs

Donna

Post by divergs »

May peace be with Scott
May he be seated close to our maker and enjoy eternal happiness.
May you and your family have peace, and good memories.

our love and your well being
Greg-n-Jan

Synobyte07
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synobyte07 »

God that kills me to hear this news.I just lost two great people on the 24th and 29th of Dec. to this disease.Slate was indeed an integral part of this forum community and to know that this cancer was going to determine his mortality on this earth really saddens me.

I'm not going to go in detail,but I just can't believe that our modern science and medical community can break down,map out a single strand of DNA but they can not isolate and destroy cancer cells.I'm almost certain that advance medicines and cures are in development or simply exists in this world, but it's never brought into light by the medical association nor will it be investigated by this group. :?

Slate,

May you find peace and happiness eternally.

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

I've thought of Scott often, and wondered if we'd ever receive the news of his passing. Now that I have, I'm surprised by my reaction. Lest anyone think that the people on this forum exist only as anonymous pixels on an inanimate screen, these are real tears I'm trying to type this through.

My first thought was that Scott passing on Christmas really sucked, but then I considered a moment - Scott wanted resolution, and an end to what had become horrific, all-consuming pain. A peaceful, pain-free passage was the last gift the Universe, God, Creator, whatever you wish to call the Supreme Power could give to Scott in this world, and I'm glad that it was bestowed on him.

It may have been the best way for him to have a happy holiday.

Scott's dedication to this forum, and to its use as a conduit for meaningful information about love dolls, was unparalelled. His willingness to help a newbie, to share knowlege, and guide someone in their purchase of a first doll (as so many inflatables are) really stood out. What was noticable, even above that, was the joy he transmitted with each click of the "submit" button - Just as Ishtaria could hear the smile in Scott's last words to her, I could feel it in his posts on this screen.

I'll never hear the name "Alexa" without thinking of him.

Most of the folks around here ooh and aah over the high-end silicone dolls, especially Realdolls - and I'm no exception; I think they're gorgeous, and I'll have one someday. Scott was different. He was a grand champion of the dolls for Everyman, the dolls you can actually _find_ in the local adult shoppe, and won't have to save up for for years, no matter what your income level. If you haven't read his posts, and if you've _any_ interest in inflatables, search them out. Find his reviews.

They're gems worth seeking.

Scott's not the first person I've known online who's been taken away from this world far too soon. In a lot of ways, Betty was a lot like him. In humor. In knowlege, and the willingness and joy of sharing it. In personality. In making everyone on the lists they frequented feel as though they cared about them. Though they now reside in a land where goats really do fly, and vinyl love dolls just might wink - and perhaps do other things, too - they were both true high points in the human landscape.

I'll miss you, Scott.

My prayers now go out to Donna. Losing Scott has got to suck for you - I wish it could have been any other way. With his passing, I hope that you can find deep peace, and the ability to carry on that part of the joyous inner light which he shared with you. When you feel as though you are alone, please know that there are a lot of people out here who are thinking of you, and lifting you up in their hearts. I hope that you can feel Scott's presence, his love, in each little breeze that lifts your hair out of your eyes, in the caress of sunshine on your face.

May bright blessings follow you wherever you go.

~Bruce

guy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by guy »

My sympathy to the family and loved ones.
Mes simpaties a tout la familles et amis.
Guy

RJ
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by RJ »

I would like to express my sympathy to Scotts family and friends. It is a sad day for all of us. I pray for Scott's soul that he may be with his Maker and forever have peace & happienss. Scott, you are in my parayers.

RJ
Your Personal Companion
[url=http://www.1st-pc.com]www.1st-pc.com[/url]

tromboner

Post by tromboner »

This is a sad occurrence - condolences to the family.

"From time to time you will see his influence in the thoughts and actions of yourself and others; and so, just as our bodies are returned to the Earth and absorbed into new life, so are our souls distributed among our friends and family and likewise absorbed into new life."

Mandollin

Post by Mandollin »

Unfortunately I didn't know Scott, we never had any contact on TDF,
but from the words of Ishtaria, Paleonaturist and many others I can well
imagine the kind of personality that left this world, his wife and us behind. I lost both my parents to cancer, as well as many people else who were close to me, so I know what Scott and his family were going through and I want to express my condolences to the bereaved.
In the mind of those who knew and loved him, Scott's spirit will live on.

Mandollin

INFORMATIONS