Ishtaria´s Memorial

Paying our respect to TDF members and their friends and family who have passed on.
Crazyjose
Former Member

Post by Crazyjose »

My only contact with her was in the posting and for short chats. Yet, everyone has felt her touch with this site and we all feel the loss.

plaedoh
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by plaedoh »

I never pm'd Ish but I've been at the old forum before coming to the new forum and I seen Ish's posts now and then, enough to know who she was immediately upon hearing her name. When I heard of her death I was hurt. When I read the news here I kept reading to find out what happened. When I heard what happened I was even more hurt that someone good like that can get away from us...

This just tells us how precious life is and how short a time we have here. Let's make the best of it. Life can get pretty tough for all of us. Some encounter heavier burdens than others. It's up to us all to learn from this and to keep a thought in the back of our mind that everyone is sooooo important.

Ishtaria, you are missed and I really believe someone like you will be well cared for in the next life. I know you will be fine.

deusbot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by deusbot »

Even over a means of communication like the net and the forum, some element of the person behind the words come through. Besides her skill two things came through for me. First was her love of people and the things important to her. If it were not so she would not have put as much energy into this place and us. And the second was her intent to do good. If you could ever disagree for any reason, you could never doubt her intent to do the right thing, no matter what the issue. This is why we feel a loss, not just for Ish, but also ourselves and the world. Not having access to someone who made our world a better place, even if sometimes it was by working behind the scenes.

I think the best way to honor Ish is to continue to let her influence be felt in the world. Remember her. Care for and help others. Do your best without getting hung up on mistakes. Do what you think is right. Cliches maybe, but they are not when you don't mouth them but simply live them like Ish did.

I hope Ish and all touched by her find the peace and happiness that she was seeking for and would have wanted all of us to have.
Artificial Intelligence is the study of how to make real computers act like the ones in the movies -Anon

The questions you ask determine the discoveries you will make - db

lovingchanj
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lovingchanj »

When my sister killed herself we all went through a long process of grieving, disbelief, wondering, questioning, and many other difficult emotions. It is a strange and terrible thing, suicide. The person is obviously suffering tremendously, yet we all suffer and most of us don't commit suicide, even though we may think of it.

Ish was obviously a talented person of many gifts who was loved by many people. Her passing leaves an emptiness where once there was a love. Somehow she could not see her way through a time in her life that was immensely painful for her. How can we somehow honor her life now?

Here's how:

We can love more deeply, forgive more easily, give of ourselves more freely, be kinder, more charitable, be better listeners, comforters, and lovers. We can honor Ish's life, and her contribution to our lives by loving each and every person God puts in our lives better than we did before, and try to do even better each day.

We are here to love. Ish's life and death reminds us that we still have a chance, its not too late. Let your light shine in this dark world.

lovingchanj
The more I understand, the less I know.

casperghostboy
Ex-Member

Farewell, Ish... Alexa and I hardly knew ye...

Post by casperghostboy »

After joining this wonderful web board in July 2005, the only point that I knew about Ish is when TDF was in "dire straits" and I donated the last bits of change that I had to help out the best that I could.

I, myself, have wonderful computer skills (Windows 9x/2000/XP, Mac OS 9 and X and some {but not much} Linux), but probably not as much as Ish. Of course, I can get a domain registered and a basic web page up, but probably not like how Ishtaria had done.

Fortunately, I am glad of what she had done to get something like this off the ground and running, now with 13,000-plus members.

Gee, the things you learn after about four months of being away...

But, in any case, farewell, Ish. I hardly knew ye. Hope you emerge in your next life as someone wonderful as you were in this one.

CasperGhostboy

Bangaroo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ish's death

Post by Bangaroo »

Don't mind asking, how she die ?

It's sad to hear about one of member have pass away.

DDebonair

My condolences

Post by DDebonair »

OH my goodness? When did this happen?

MY SYMPATHIES TO HER FAMILY.

Sorry i don't read the entire post butthis came as a total surprise and shock to me as i just found out minutes ago, TODAY.
You see i usually do NOT visit this site but once a week and mostly browse the forum amd gallery.
This webite is SOOOOO extensive that i missed out on awhole lot of things includng this sad news.

My experiece with Ishatria was not a plesant one, however.
She did ban me once and i had to re-register. Man she wasn't kidding when she threatened to ban me. Thought she might've overreacted.
I like that in a woman though. Strong willed and determined.

Young (?) pretty and smart, how did she lose her home?
You'd think she'd be the ideal candidate doing some major computer work for some corporation. I wish I'd gotten to know her better, on her good side.

Well farewell my lady. RIP!

Mephistopheles
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: My condolences

Post by Mephistopheles »

DDebonair wrote:OH my goodness? When did this happen?
It was back around the first of the year. This thread is where Ish's death was first announced by Bill.

Raingirl
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Raingirl »

Ish, I was looking through an old topic today and it was a bit of a shock to see your post....you always posted with such wit, intelligence and conviction. I still miss you. If you're ever hanging out here on the Forum in spirit, I am still your friend. I hope we meet again somewhere :D

Rainy

zdrchango

Post by zdrchango »

Amen, Rainy, Amen.

I haven't done it for awhile, but I lit a candle again tonight in memory of Ish.
Passion is a virtue [url=http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/zees_place]Z's Place home of Danielle, Lindsey, & Sunni[/url]

TheConnoisseur
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by TheConnoisseur »

A year and a half ago when I started rebuilding our house for my wife because of her health,
I would have never dreamed that I would this day be alone in a small apartment with teary
eyes writing to someone I could never possibly know.
Ishtaria, I never knew you ever existed until today when I, out of curiosity, clicked on the in-memory link.
Yet, somehow I will miss you.
I have been where you were the day you died. It is a horribly lonely
place.
Seeing how much joy you brought to the lives of the forum members creates a sense of joy in me- maybe even hope.
It is obvious that the forum loved you and will miss you.

I wish you well in the next phase of your journey...
Sincerely,
TC

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Connoisseur,

Ish was a person we never will forget. We can do the server job, but it was not the only thing Ishtaria did.
She was a wonderfull warm feeling person, certainly at the time I entered TDF in 2003.
Things went downhill pity enough...

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

I have always regretted the antagonism Ish and I had. We had a chance to pm each other after our blowup and before her death. Such a small thing but I'm glad for that.

I deeply sorrow for the loss of a bright, shining light. Ish, I think of you often and wish things had turned out differently.

You are not forgotten.

Z.
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi all,

It needs to have a bump this thread, because its now 2 years ago.
Please light a candle for Ishtaria.
She did my job before I took it over due to that she decided to step out of life (suicide).
Ishtaria, Rest In Peace!

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

pepe4158

Post by pepe4158 »

wow she sure looked to young, pretty, and full of life to have died from natural causes.

INFORMATIONS