Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Advice from Realdoll owners

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Llaqua
Active Poster
Active Poster

Advice from Realdoll owners

Post by Llaqua »

Hey guys, sorry for asking so many questions. So I have place my order it has been two days now and I want to know what my next step is? Will they contact me when she is finished and ready to be shipped? If so will it be through E-mail or by phone? Do they send pictures of her in the making? Im just anxious to see my lady thats all LOL. Thank you all!

Rocky-DollStacey
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Advice from Realdoll owners

Post by Rocky-DollStacey »

First you have a long wait ahead of you so pace yourself, Abyss will call you when she is completed and ready to be shipped out. They will confirm your shipping address and try to schedule a time frame for delivery. You will then be passed to Seko the shipping company that Abyss uses. You will be provided a tracking number. Seko will call you when the crate is at you city location and then they will schedule a delivery time/date.

You can however contact Abyss when you think your doll is getting close to being completed and see if a photo can be sent to you, any pictures will have to be at your request. In the mean time start planning your home for her arrival.

Llaqua
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Llaqua »

Rocky-DollStacey wrote:First you have a long wait ahead of you so pace yourself, Abyss will call you when she is completed and ready to be shipped out. They will confirm your shipping address and try to schedule a time frame for delivery. You will then be passed to Seko the shipping company that Abyss uses. You will be provided a tracking number. Seko will call you when the crate is at you city location and then they will schedule a delivery time/date.

You can however contact Abyss when you think your doll is getting close to being completed and see if a photo can be sent to you, any pictures will have to be at your request. In the mean time start planning your home for her arrival.
Very well explained mate thank you so much!! What is the current wait time nowadays?

0osik
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by 0osik »

Unfortunately the current wait is a long time. There should be an estimate shipping date on your order & payment confirmation (email).

You may want to contact ZEBO who is our AmbASSador with Abyss. He make regular visits and is a great source of information. He may also be able to get photos when your lady gets into production.

Best of luck with your wait and congratulation on your order.
Servant for Azure: BT3, Sky, Birthday July 10, Anniversary October 27, 2014
Servant for Celestia: BT5, Star, Birthday March 10, Anniversary May 20, 2016

Rocky-DollStacey
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Rocky-DollStacey »

Estimated wait time Abyss has been giving out is around 16 weeks, but recently it looks like it's more around 20 weeks.

siliconforest
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by siliconforest »

The 20 weeks is about right as that's what Abyss quoted in my confirmation email back in June. A user over in the Wicked threads mentioned their order from May was reaching completion so I'm hoping that's a sign that I'm not too far behind.

Travesty
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Travesty »

I was quoted 22 weeks on an order a few days ago

freeman01

Post by freeman01 »

WOW, 22 weeks is the wait time now. I've had my RD2 for just a bit over 2 years and the wait time was 14 weeks quoted and was spot on to that.

Abyss must be getting hammered with orders...which is great!

It's going to be the longest 22 weeks you'll ever have to wait, but the payoff will be HUGE!
Live your life as you dream it and not necessarily as it was handed to you.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Freeman is correct! The payoff is huge in exchange for the wait. Even more so, after considering that 22 weeks is MUCH better than 2-4 years...
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

saharahorse
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by saharahorse »

My wait time is 25 weeks. I placed order at the end of Nov.
New to the Doll World.
Future dolls: RealDoll WRD Lupe Fuentes.

siliconforest
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by siliconforest »

One thing that helps with that long wait is find a distraction. Remodel the bathroom, build a ship in a bottle, read the complete works of Agatha Christie… Anything to keep your mind off the long wait and stop yourself from constantly counting off weeks on the calendar.

TP876

Post by TP876 »

saharahorse wrote:My wait time is 25 weeks. I placed order at the end of Nov.
Ouch. It took Julie 15 weeks two years ago and that was agony.

One good thing though about the wait times being so long now indicates a spike in business for Abyss, probably largely due to the $4k dolls they now offer. I hope there's a way they can increase their staff to meet higher demands but still maintain their standard of excellence.

There are plenty of decent, lonely, single men out there, as I was, who deserve to have a Realdoll but still haven't taken the plunge (or even know they exist in the first place). It's nice to see that changing.

INFORMATIONS