Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

I needed Abyss Creations's help and THIS is what happened...

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

speed60

I needed Abyss Creations's help and THIS is what happened...

Post by speed60 »

What happened was they were awesome!

LOL, did you like my click-bait title?

I had somehow managed to get a shoulder stuck so that it would no longer move back into the "neutral position" at the side. I didn't want to force it and break anything so I left an email for Abyss Creations last night. This morning, yes just a couple hours into the first workday since my email, Annette called me to resolve the issue. Without ever seeing the doll, she and Mike walked me through some motions of looking at this seam, twisting that part, bending this other part, and they helped me successfully return the arm to normal function. Mike is in production and said he doesn't hit the phones that often, but Annette brought him on for backup because I somehow still wasn't getting it right.

The moral of the story, as they can explain much better than I can, is the joints at the shoulder, elbow and wrist are in some ways complex, swiveling and hinging, allowing for great movement, but if you lose track of where you're moving things, you can end up with a hinge aligned facing a certain direction in there that's totally not the direction it's supposed to be facing. I don't know what I did, I swear I'm not that kinky, but as a PSA, always know where "home" is with the limbs, and be sure you know how far from it you're moving everything, and in what direction so you don't get lost. You can't see the swiveling and hinging parts under the skin, and you don't want want them to end up somewhere unexpected. I did just that and had to move the arm in a way that a human couldn't, in order to then see where the range of movement was and rotate things back to normal. No damage, no surgery, all good.

Thanks again to Annette and Mike! :thumbs_up:
Attachments
pic1.jpg
pic1.jpg (3.84 MiB) Viewed 1699 times

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: I needed Abyss Creations's help and THIS is what happene

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

The title was misleading, or better known as click-bait.
You should've just said Abyss was Awesome in helping with an issue.
They were very helpful with me.
An eyelash fell off and Abyss instructed me how to reattach it.
Dolls without eye-lashes look horrible.
They were also very helpful in telling me how to change eyes, which I did.I prefer brown eyes, so I made all my doll's blue eyes brown.

Mr_E

Post by Mr_E »

It worked... Ya got me.
:puppydogeyes:
:haha4: :haha4:
Awesome customer service. Outstanding.
And your lady doll is lovely.
Peace,
E

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

OMG, I got click-baited, but forgot all about it when I saw the sweeeeeeeet SWEEET doll :D

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

OMG, I got click-baited, but forgot all about it when I saw the sweeeeeeeet SWEEET doll :D

Hollywu
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Hollywu »

I'm so thankful she is okay! They are really fantastic folks at Abyss! It's so great to hear about excellent customer service and support in a world where that is, sadly often, not the norm!

BTW - She's gorgeous!

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

if you lose track of where you're moving things, you can end up with a hinge aligned facing a certain direction in there that's totally not the direction it's supposed to be facing.
This was why in another place on TDF there's a thread "Chloé's tutorial - a safety briefing for all dolls". Understanding mutually opposing joints is vital for any hinged doll.

Best wishes

Harem

INFORMATIONS