Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

I'm in a predicament, could use some advice

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

Re: I'm in a predicament, could use some advice

Post by DollCuriousMaybe »

ilikedolls123 wrote:
kruiser wrote:...we are questioning the fact he is selling his doll to avoid conflict with a real girl who he thinks will think badly of him because he bought it. We are telling him that allowing other people to control your life when you are a grown adult is the path to misery...
You tell him to basically not let others control his life, yet here you are questioning his decision which is, in his own words, "the biggest mistake of my life". By questioning his decision to begin with, you DO realize that puts you into the category of "other people" trying to control his life, right?? If you truly want him to control his life, then you would respect his decisions and not question them in the first place. To do otherwise shows that you want a certain amount of control in his life...to decide on the doll the way YOU want him to decide, not him.

And what's with this attitude of, "if a woman doesn't approve of a doll she basically sucks"? I'll bet there are PLENTY of women out there who would make fantastic partners despite disproving of a doll. Heck, some people out there would prefer a woman who would not approve of their guy have a doll. Making a blanket judgement like that says more of the person making the judgement than it does of the person they are judging.

kruiser wrote:I think he has already decided what to do anyway so that's that.
Exactly. That was obvious from the first post. And I, along with some others, respected his decision.

But hey, if the guy comes back and says he decided to keep the doll, then you can pat yourself on the back.
Thanks for having my back. I agree with you and disagree with kruiser that a woman not approving of a doll sucks. Dolls just simply aren't accepted yet. This is the vast majority of people. So all people suck? I don't think so. I don't think there's anything wrong with dolls, but I also don't think there's anything wrong with thinking they're weird. That's just how it is.

Kruiser, it kinda sounds like you've had bad experiences with women. I've only had two gf, including my current one. I'm just really bad at getting girls since I'm an introverted homebody. But the two gfs I've had were both amazing. I may have been sad when my first gf and I broke up, but I wouldn't trade those amazing months we shared for the world, especially no doll. The woman isn't dictating whether I own a doll or not, she's merely made me realize that I no longer have any need for it. And that even if we break up, I shouldn't give up and buy a doll, I should pursue real women, because there is simply no comparison. Simply receiving a "good morning *kissy face*" text in the morning can go a long way in brightening my day. Something no doll could ever do.

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

ilikedolls123 wrote:Hello DollCuriousMaybe,

LOL, yeah the thread went off the rails! No need to reply to any of my previous posts...I knew you were set on selling and by the sounds of your last post here that still stands.
You said they will at least ship the doll anywhere...that is a selling point you can put in your "for sale" post - buyer doesn't have to pay shipping.
Add that to the fact that the buyer doesn't have to wait since the doll will be completed, that's a selling point, also.

Are they going to hold onto it after its done or are they going to have you pick it up if you don't find a buyer by then?

Hopefully they can send you some pics of it before boxing it up...the sooner you get pics on your "for sale" post the sooner you will be presenting a more enticing post for potential buyers to see!!

Beside the train wreck that occurred on this thread, I hope you were able to find something useful/helpful here to your situation.
They said they can delay the order, which I'm going to ask them to do. I don't think they will hold it for me, so I don't think pictures will work. Maybe I'll point to pictures on Abyss' site that are similar to my doll.

ilikedolls123
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ilikedolls123 »

I hope things turn out good, or at least acceptable. $5k+ isn't peanuts and I certainly understand your desire to recoup as much of that as you can.

I also hope that the thread now stays on topic and maybe someone will come up with a killer idea that works for you and post it here!

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

ilikedolls123 wrote:I hope things turn out good, or at least acceptable. $5k+ isn't peanuts and I certainly understand your desire to recoup as much of that as you can.

I also hope that the thread now stays on topic and maybe someone will come up with a killer idea that works for you and post it here!
Thanks! Yeah, the damn thing was $7k. And that's not including shipping since I was going to pick it up. If I ship it to someone, that's another $500. It's quite a bit of money, that's why it's the biggest mistake I've ever made.

And just a general response to other posters, I don't have any friends or family that could hold on to it for me. And I will never take possession of this doll. It will never be shipped to me (remember, I was going to pick it up). I will sell it one way or the other. I hope I don't lose too much, but I'll lose what I need to lose, I will not take possession of it. I'd even sell it to ilikedolls123 for a mere 1k, if wants it, for having my back before I take possession of it. I really hope I don't have to lose that much on it, but I will not take possession of that doll no matter what.

I just realized I had already asked Abyss to delay my order and they agreed to do so. I don't know if this is indefinite and I have all the time in the world to sell it, or it's just giving me more time, but either way it seems like I'll have several weeks to sell it. I'd still rather sell it soon so I can move on and not worry about it anymore.

kruiser
Ex-Member

Post by kruiser »

Well I hope things work out for you OP, I'm thinking you are younger than me and it seems like we are two different people. Everyone says I have been hurt by women but that's not true, I just see them for what they are and I simply choose not to get involved with them anymore, the risks are far to high and the emotional damage a woman can cause to a man can be life threatening. My dolls have given me happiness and even though you think a doll is just a sex toy, when she is sitting there next to you that changes. The good thing about dolls though is that they are not going anywhere, if you ever change your mind a few years down the line they will be more advanced and maybe you will see them in a different light.

Topics like this do tend to get a bit out of hand but it's honestly just geared towards helping you make the best choice based on our own experiences. I think the best outcome in any relationship is to have both the RG and the doll , you get the best of both worlds then.

FiveByFive
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FiveByFive »

kruiser wrote:Well I hope things work out for you OP, I'm thinking you are younger than me and it seems like we are two different people. Everyone says I have been hurt by women but that's not true, I just see them for what they are and I simply choose not to get involved with them anymore, the risks are far to high and the emotional damage a woman can cause to a man can be life threatening. My dolls have given me happiness and even though you think a doll is just a sex toy, when she is sitting there next to you that changes. The good thing about dolls though is that they are not going anywhere, if you ever change your mind a few years down the line they will be more advanced and maybe you will see them in a different light.

Topics like this do tend to get a bit out of hand but it's honestly just geared towards helping you make the best choice based on our own experiences. I think the best outcome in any relationship is to have both the RG and the doll , you get the best of both worlds then.
"See them for what they are?" Sorry (not sorry), but that's a terrible, misogynistic attitude no matter how you look at it, and that kind of thinking is easily cited by doll detractors in their stronger arguments. That, and your following statements seem to contradict your initial claim...how can you claim to have not been hurt by women yet have the mindset you describe? The point is, all women are not money-grubbing succubi.

Good lord.

Anyways, congrats again and good luck DCM. My final piece of advice to you, once this is all sorted out? Delete this account and don't look back. Even if another break up happens down the road, it's probably best to keep on searching. Dolls are fuckin' great and there's nothing really wrong with them, but they're still ultimately the lazy choice (assuming you don't actually have some sort of legitimate handicap, mental or otherwise). It's like...choosing to play as a strong person in a video game instead of just becoming a strong person yourself IRL. Don't get me wrong, I do that all the time (and I'm leaning towards doll over RG at the mo'), but again, I acknowledge it's a lazy decision. If you're okay with said laziness, then hey, have fun, but if not then stick to your scruples.

Real relationships are hard work in both physical and emotional senses, but the rewards you reap when you make it all come together outweigh most things in life. You can obviously solo your run up to inevitable mortality and still feel fulfilled, but that requires some serious philosophical soundness (or a serious social disorder). Most of us just feel better with others.
~~~~ Life is a runway. ~~~~

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

When it rains it pours. See guys? Moral of the story: If you want to get a girlfriend .. first order a doll.

:razz:

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

FiveByFive wrote:Delete this account and don't look back.
Ok, I've seen a lot of "advice" tossed about here, but let's not get crazy :mrgreen:

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

kruiser
Ex-Member

Post by kruiser »

So my post gets deleted? Fine, don't accept the truth then , live in your PC culture world and get taken for everything , i'll never be a man who gets broken by society , the truth is absolute and I stand by every word I have said.

ilikedolls123
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ilikedolls123 »

DollCuriousMaybe wrote:Thanks! Yeah, the damn thing was $7k. And that's not including shipping since I was going to pick it up. If I ship it to someone, that's another $500. It's quite a bit of money, that's why it's the biggest mistake I've ever made.

And just a general response to other posters, I don't have any friends or family that could hold on to it for me. And I will never take possession of this doll. It will never be shipped to me (remember, I was going to pick it up). I will sell it one way or the other. I hope I don't lose too much, but I'll lose what I need to lose, I will not take possession of it. I'd even sell it to ilikedolls123 for a mere 1k, if wants it, for having my back before I take possession of it. I really hope I don't have to lose that much on it, but I will not take possession of that doll no matter what.

I just realized I had already asked Abyss to delay my order and they agreed to do so. I don't know if this is indefinite and I have all the time in the world to sell it, or it's just giving me more time, but either way it seems like I'll have several weeks to sell it. I'd still rather sell it soon so I can move on and not worry about it anymore.
Damn, man...I don't know what to say. A few months back I was going through the drive-thru at McDonalds, and the person in front of me paid-it-forward by paying for my order. I thought that was so cool that I paid for the order of the car behind me lol. It made my day. Then a few weeks ago at work I was buying a muffin at the cafe and a co-worker out of the blue just paid for my order along with his. He said, "I got this". That was a nice gesture, really made my morning since I hardly know the guy - he was just being a good guy.
Now here you are, saying I could take the doll for 1k...man, that is the most generous offer out of the blue that I've EVER received! Sometimes the news and the state of the world can't help but bring a guy down sometimes. Then something like this happens and you gain faith in the kindness of others once again!
Unfortunately, I can't take the doll. The doll I ordered 2 1/2 weeks ago is supposed to be done today, and basically I'd be in the same situation with the doll that you are in now. I really have no where to stash it, and I wouldn't know what to do with it. I could have two dolls here and start a harem! But that's not my thing.

But thank you very much DCM for the kind, kind gesture!!

To DCM!! :glou:

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

MannyCan wrote:When it rains it pours. See guys? Moral of the story: If you want to get a girlfriend .. first order a doll.

:razz:
Or if you want a doll; get a girlfriend first. :wink:
Dolls usually appear like magic to help mend our broken hearts when the girlfriend leaves us for someone else with a larger penis or larger bank account. :drinking:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

kruiser wrote:So my post gets deleted? Fine, don't accept the truth then , live in your PC culture world and get taken for everything , i'll never be a man who gets broken by society , the truth is absolute and I stand by every word I have said.
Not sure what got deleted but I got the feeling that the OP wasn't really interested in life advice. I respect your way of thinking and it's definitely not a bad route to go. Doing it myself as I enjoy being alone a lot and like keeping life simple.

There are many truths and many ways to live a life. Majority of men like having a real life human companion, whereas we "loners" are a bit of a rare breed. For a lot of people, going through all the hassle and complications that come with pursuing relationships is worth it.

Preaching about your way of living without people actually asking often does not get received well. Better to explain when people are intrigued enough to ask. If you don't want to be judged for your way of life, please try to understand the side of the people that quite enjoy relationships. Goes both ways :)

Be strong and keep going your own way if it feels right.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

ilikedolls123 wrote:
DollCuriousMaybe wrote:Thanks! Yeah, the damn thing was $7k. And that's not including shipping since I was going to pick it up. If I ship it to someone, that's another $500. It's quite a bit of money, that's why it's the biggest mistake I've ever made.

Damn, man...I don't know what to say. A few months back I was going through the drive-thru at McDonalds, and the person in front of me paid-it-forward by paying for my order. I thought that was so cool that I paid for the order of the car behind me lol. It made my day. Then a few weeks ago at work I was buying a muffin at the cafe and a co-worker out of the blue just paid for my order along with his. He said, "I got this". That was a nice gesture, really made my morning since I hardly know the guy - he was just being a good guy.
Now here you are, saying I could take the doll for 1k...man, that is the most generous offer out of the blue that I've EVER received! Sometimes the news and the state of the world can't help but bring a guy down sometimes. Then something like this happens and you gain faith in the kindness of others once again!
Unfortunately, I can't take the doll. The doll I ordered 2 1/2 weeks ago is supposed to be done today, and basically I'd be in the same situation with the doll that you are in now. I really have no where to stash it, and I wouldn't know what to do with it. I could have two dolls here and start a harem! But that's not my thing.

But thank you very much DCM for the kind, kind gesture!!

To DCM!! :glou:
Damn, that's pretty awesome, I've never had someone I didn't really know pay for something of mine. And I hear you about having a harem, haha, don't worry about it. I really hope I sell the doll though, I don't want to end up having to toss it in a dumpster and lose 7k. That is sooooo much money! Seriously, what was I thinking?

And kruiser, there is definitely something going on with you. You've either been hurt, rejected a lot, or spent too much time on the misc. I admit I also have some trust issues with women, but of the two relationships I've had, both have been amazing. It hurt when the first one and I broke up, but it was nothing compared to the joy I felt for those months. And again, the joy I am feeling now I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Just a few hours ago my gf was riding me. It was awesome. She told me that she loved me and it made the sex even better. Wtf is a doll going to do other than lay on you like a corpse? I'm sure they're great masturbators, but they can't possibly compare to a woman. Maybe when I'm older I'll get one. I feel it's way too soon, I'm only in my early 30s. I really jumped the gun on a doll purchase. Even if things don't work out with this girl, I shouldn't settle and get a doll, I should continue putting in the effort to get with a rg because it's worth it. It's hard work, but the payoff is worth it. The doll is just settling for something subpar because it's easier. I'm too young for that right now, that's why it was such a huge mistake for me to have ordered it. I hope I can recoup some of the money spent, but one way or the other, I will never take possession of the doll.

returner

Post by returner »

DollCuriousMaybe

I sent you a private message. Please check.
DollCuriousMaybe wrote:
ilikedolls123 wrote:I hope things turn out good, or at least acceptable. $5k+ isn't peanuts and I certainly understand your desire to recoup as much of that as you can.

Thanks! Yeah, the damn thing was $7k. And that's not including shipping since I was going to pick it up. If I ship it to someone, that's another $500. It's quite a bit of money, that's why it's the biggest mistake I've ever made.

bendover
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bendover »

DollCuriousMaybe wrote:I'd even sell it to ilikedolls123 for a mere 1k, if wants it, for having my back before I take possession of it.
Hey, I tried to help you out earlier with some constructive tips, without raining down judgment like some others. Could I get in on this deal (kidding, not kidding)? Seriously though, I wouldn't be able to pay anything close to the full price, but by the time you may be feeling pressed to sell, I should certainly be able to offer you more than 1k.

INFORMATIONS