Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Insert repair or toss question

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

The young gun

Insert repair or toss question

Post by The young gun »

Unfortunately my favorite insert today burst on me. I pushed the applicator wand through the back wall and I would like to know what you guy think. Should I take a chance and try repairing it with the two part silicone? Or will this eventually fail again and fluids go into the doll and cause mold damage/more issues than its worth?
Attachments
DSC_0221.JPG
DSC_0221.JPG (104.27 KiB) Viewed 1100 times

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Insert repair or toss question

Post by siliconefun »

The young gun wrote:Unfortunately my favorite insert today burst on me. I pushed the applicator wand through the back wall and I would like to know what you guy think. Should I take a chance and try repairing it with the two part silicone? Or will this eventually fail again and fluids go into the doll and cause mold damage/more issues than its worth?
Hi young gun,
just use the pocketed silicone (or any RTV-1 sil) which came with the accessory kit when the doll was delivered as this is the best to fix the tear.
Don't worry about that, sil dolls are fully reparable :D

- SF -

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Like SF said, use the RD or Silpoxy adhesive (same thing) to repair the insert. Clean the tear inside and outside with acetone or rubbing alcohol, let it dry for a few minutes and use the adhesive right where the tear happened and then apply a little to the outside of the tear on the back end to reinforce it for strength and let it cure for a full day. I have repaired one before myself and it works good. :thumbs_up:

I know you have had your doll for quite some time now but, here is how I lube the inserts.... Use plenty of alcohol when you install the insert in the doll both inside the dolls insert cavity and just outside the insert cavity opening. Use some on the exterior of the insert also for lubrication and use your fingers on the opposite hand to assist the installation. You may already do this to install the insert but, I don't know. :)

Good luck with the repair and like SF said, they are fully repairable. :D

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Awesome thanks. I figure its safer for me to ask stupid questions every time than go on old information here. Some older posts have conflicting information it seems compared to new developments from Abyss. Very glad I can still use this insert after I acetone the mess out of it and then seal it up again. I swear either my insert B is flawed or it is just too damn small to begin with.

INFORMATIONS