Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Will there be a real doll 3?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Jason1978

Will there be a real doll 3?

Post by Jason1978 »

Just wondering since real doll classic has been retired, and now there is only real doll 2, will there be an upcoming real doll 3 in the near future? I just ask this since it seems Real Doll 2 has been around for many years now, and Real Doll seems to constantly be making new improvements, and it seems only logical they would be working on a real doll 3.

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Will there be a real doll 3?

Post by trauma »

I hope Realdoll 3 will have a two part injection process by which the first stage is a material that is very lite weight taking up the space from the skeleton to approximately one inch below the skin. Obviously step two would be platinum silicone an inch in most areas and thinner in others. The weight reduction would be great and maybe a drop in price as well.

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

No, there will not be a RealDoll 3. In fact they will phase out the name "RealDoll 2" and simply call them "RealDoll" in the near near future. This will happen sooner than you think.

Jason1978

Post by Jason1978 »

so Real Doll 2, will become Real Doll, and Real Doll 3, will become Real Doll 2? haha

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

Jason1978 wrote:so Real Doll 2, will become Real Doll, and Real Doll 3, will become Real Doll 2? haha
No. There's just going to be a single RealDoll line.

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

No, there will not be a RealDoll 3. In fact they will phase out the name "RealDoll 2" and simply call them "RealDoll" in the near future. This will happen sooner than you think.
I would agree with that. With the Asians flooding the market with their cheap, low quality dolls there's no longer big margins to be had anymore. I'm sure they are taking their current steps to streamline their business model.

Your going to see some of these Asian companies going under soon. I also see one or more of the US companies going under. I don't think it will be RD as they are investing in tech to out maneuver the competition.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

Rubber-toe

Post by Rubber-toe »

TTNLBTPD wrote:
No, there will not be a RealDoll 3. In fact they will phase out the name "RealDoll 2" and simply call them "RealDoll" in the near future. This will happen sooner than you think.
I would agree with that. With the Asians flooding the market with their cheap, low quality dolls there's no longer big margins to be had anymore. I'm sure they are taking their current steps to streamline their business model.

Your going to see some of these Asian companies going under soon. I also see one or more of the US companies going under. I don't think it will be RD as they are investing in tech to out maneuver the competition.
I agree . It's probably why VRD isn't around anymore .
Here i no longer feel apart from but finely feel a part of.
DOLLS
1-VRD Floppy flow platinum silicone12-12-13
1-60CM ELF TPE 4-21-15
1-140CM KATIE TPE 9-10-15
1-Custom VRD Kelu Large Butt & Breasts Platinum Silicone 9-11-15
1-RealDoll2 BROOKLYN Config 3-30-16
1-DS Doll 100cm Eva Mini 6-10-16
1-Abyss BoyToy Solana with Laila Head 7-11-16
1-YL Doll 128cm Kylie 6 pack abs 7-20-16
1-Ruby13 Presley#14 7-22-16
1-SM136ELF 8-27-19
1-SM136A 9-11-19

Jason1978

Post by Jason1978 »

there's only 3 American companies making dolls, I don't think it's an oversaturated market. I mean sure they aren't churning out thousands of dolls, but these are also not huge factory type businesses, and yeah you can buy Chinese dolls, but has anyone ever bought anything from China that wasn't garbage? Just saying, go to wal mart and buy a $4 toaster and see how long it last compared to a toaster made in Germany or any other country that has a good reputation for high quality work. Japan makes high quality products, basically China is a producer of garbage.

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

there's only 3 American companies making dolls
There are more than three. Five, maybe six that I can think of. Not going to name them as I don't want to turn this into a "alive or dead" type of conversation. That is disrespectful. Well hell, there is a listing of most of them on the front page.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

trauma wrote:I hope Realdoll 3 will have a two part injection process by which the first stage is a material that is very lite weight taking up the space from the skeleton to approximately one inch below the skin. Obviously step two would be platinum silicone an inch in most areas and thinner in others. The weight reduction would be great and maybe a drop in price as well.

So you want a more complex doll, with a lower price?

Not happening.

AlbertWesker01
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AlbertWesker01 »

isnt Robotix Real Doll 3?

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

stacy718 wrote:
trauma wrote:I hope Realdoll 3 will have a two part injection process by which the first stage is a material that is very lite weight taking up the space from the skeleton to approximately one inch below the skin. Obviously step two would be platinum silicone an inch in most areas and thinner in others. The weight reduction would be great and maybe a drop in price as well.

Not happening.
Actually, it very much can happen.
Cars dropped in price hugely when they first hit the market due to savings as mass production techniques got better.

.. Im not exactly sure why cars have tripled in price over the past 20 years however.

Also savings in silicone by different production techniques (or maybe a new type of silicone entirely being invented) can help make products cheaper.

I am not saying it will happen, just that it could.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

cy_xander

Post by cy_xander »

I heard the new dolls will be renamed RealDoll 360, then in a few years the next version will be RealDoll One. LOL
Amber
AmberImage

TLG
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TLG »

AlbertWesker01 wrote:isnt Robotix Real Doll 3?
^i was wondering this same thing.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

stacy718 wrote:

Not happening.
I agree.
The $ saved by the reduction of a small percentage of silicone will not equal out for additional labor involved to implement it. Most doll makers already use a foam core in dolls for the larger areas.
I have thought of processes that would reduce the weight of dolls, but still provide the same strength of skeleton and silicone, but it involves much extra work.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

INFORMATIONS