Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Does the colour/paint of the nipple area wear off over time?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Maneyak

Does the colour/paint of the nipple area wear off over time?

Post by Maneyak »

If so, how would you prevent it?

The only thing I can think of is maybe a bra? But the clip on that might damage the back area if left on for too long, or it might make some indents if left on for too long if its tight.

Maybe woolen clothing thats loose? Would it not rub as much compared to ordinary cotton t shirts?

Any others? thanks

Nick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Does the colour/paint of the nipple area wear off over t

Post by Nick »

I'm pretty sure it's silicone base paint that's painted into the breast at production, but my doll hasn't arrived yet so maybe a doll owner can answer this better. Also, I believe realdoll makes the nipples/aereola separately, then attaches the nipple to the breast afterwards.
Nick

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

If something shaves against the nipples a lot, like bed sheets or something, then yeah, the layer of paint could be rubbed off over time, but IMO, regular clothing won't do that. Dolls don't move around the way we humans do, they are pretty much stationary.

My dolls are always wearing clothes, and the nipples on my oldest doll, a 2011 Wicked Kaylani Lei, look exactly the same as the day she arrived. Same goes for my other doll, who is more than 1 year old and done in the soft silicone they have now.

A good way to prevent bed sheets from rubbing on her nipples is by having her wear a nightie.

Or if you worry about clothes, and don't want to use a bra, you can use silicone nipple covers to protect them.
Both my dolls have those, but not to protect the nipples, but to hide them under tight clothing. I personally don't like to see any nipple action when dolls are dressed nicely.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

SiliconeWorld
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by SiliconeWorld »

Have a RD classic (2008 era) whose nipple color needed to be touched up. NOT from anything she wore, so much.
I am sure that anything can be removed from repetitive wearing or rubbing. After all , the material these ladies are made of is soft.

Any how, her lip color had worn and needed to be touched up. ABYSS supplied the color and the instructions on the method. Simply used the same method on her areiola region and VOILA! Good as new.

Guess kissing her tended to wear on her a bit.

Maneyak

Post by Maneyak »

Thanks for your responses

Guess ill try to have as little rubbing in those areas from clothing as much as possible in the future when I get one

with the exception of my hand of course :)

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

Jade is often changing bras and outfits and over time the color on her nipples has rubbed off a little. The nail, lip and nipple repair kit from Abyss contains powder, adhesive thinner and applicators to reapply the colors. I just redid Jades lips, nips and nails in the weekend and when I guess over time the colors slowly fade you don't really notice it but when you redo them wow! She looks straight out of the factory again! And of course I fell madly in love with her again :mrgreen:

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

So true Supersoul! :D You can quickly redo the nipples and change the lip color if you wish. :wink: And the challenge to ware it off starts all over. :whistle:

Vanima
Doll
Doll

Post by Vanima »

Yea, I am only 8 months old and need to have mine retouched. :whistle: My guess is that it is K constantly playing with them that is causing it as the worst one is the one he tends to grab in the middle of the night. Considering how fascinated K is with my boobs I'm surprised I have anything left at all. :lol:

But that is part of the fun of us girls. We may get a little wear and tear here and there but as long as we get regular maintenance we are in the game for years.
Vanima (Vani) En'wen Me'a
Elven High Mage

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful--just stupid.)

ROBERT A. HEINLEIN, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

My Photo album My photo thread My main thread
-karpos's wife and little angel

Sir Real

Post by Sir Real »

Very nice info, thanks everyone! This was a question of mine as well.

I guess a little maintenance is a small price to pay for what the dolls give us in return :)

So having a doll wear a bra most of the time is ok? It won't damage the silicone as long as its not too tight? I'd like to dress my doll like a real human (underwear under clothes)

Vanima
Doll
Doll

Post by Vanima »

Sir Real wrote:Very nice info, thanks everyone! This was a question of mine as well.

I guess a little maintenance is a small price to pay for what the dolls give us in return :)

So having a doll wear a bra most of the time is ok? It won't damage the silicone as long as its not too tight? I'd like to dress my doll like a real human (underwear under clothes)
Yep, as long as the bar fits properly and doesn't compress the boob it should be okay. The not compressing the boob is a really big deal on dolls like BT's and RD's that have gel filled boobies as compression can cause the gel pack to distort or leak leaving you with a deflated breast.

As for rubbing the paint off that usually only comes from repetitive friction against the nipple such as your boyfriend playing with it in the middle of the night. (I swear I could lead that boy anywhere just by using my boobs as a lure)
Vanima (Vani) En'wen Me'a
Elven High Mage

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful--just stupid.)

ROBERT A. HEINLEIN, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

My Photo album My photo thread My main thread
-karpos's wife and little angel

INFORMATIONS