betterlovedoll.com

Old member finally making introductions.

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
mineraldenial
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Old member finally making introductions.

Post by mineraldenial »

Hello All,

Most of you don't know me but I've frequented this forum quite a bit in the past 3 years since initially signing up and it's about time I made an introduction. I think it's nice to have a dedicated forum for people to post reviews, socialize and mull over ideas. And I think it's great that there's such a wealth of information on here to help people interested in purchasing one of these lovely ladies. It's not like we can just go to a local retailer, shop, see the product in person and have 60 day return policy to protect us. With as much money as involved, scammers will always be around the corner.

Anyways, the whole idea behind these lifelike dolls has always fascinated me but always felt it to be a bit taboo. On top of that, I don't feel 100% content dropping a couple thousand on something might not even mimic the feel of the real deal woman. So I found myself just creeping around this forum reading and learning about the advancements the industry is taking. Different materials, such as the silicones vs. tpe; incorporating of mechanicals; etc. It's a lot to take in! So I had this idea in my head... the same idea when I go to the store and see piece of furniture I like but am unsure of whether it is worth the cost. How about I build it myself!

Well, I'm currently on track to get an engineering degree and thought I should utilize some of that knowledge and see what I can accomplish. I've been reading a lot of your ideas (Inventor's corner, my fav :) ...)and it has been inspiration for me to keep brainstorming ideas and see if I can get motivated to do something about this. Chances are I'll get bored and find some other wacky idea to pursue, but until then...

Thanks for taking the time to read my blabbering and I hope to not be creeper so much and actually get involved in discussions a bit more.

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Old member finally making introductions.

Post by RainLover »

Welcome to speaking up! :) If you have the funds, one thing to try is to buy a smaller, less expensive doll, see what you think, then sell her and trade up if you want to go for a full size doll. The For Sale section here is quite active that way, and a gently used doll will fetch a good price. Of course, if you have the skillz to make your own, then by all means, more power to you! :D

:plaidskirt:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

Romulus

Post by Romulus »

Hello mineraldenial.
Doll making can be a very fulfilling hobby.
PM me any time you want to compare notes.
My home-made OOAK plush doll gallery
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13765

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Welcome to the Forum! :D

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Hi mineraldenial, it's great to see you posting :D

Good luck in getting or creating a doll 8)

:glou:

mineraldenial
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by mineraldenial »

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Romulus, so far I've been designing mostly mechanical stuff for work. But with seeing the capabilities of what we make in our cnc shop and all the new tech with 3d printing and whatnot, I gaining a ton of knowledge on how far the industry can go. I've already taken classes on engineering material properties but those focus mainly on metals. I'll have to look into specialized classes on synthetics and plastics to further my knowledge. Once I start pursuing this, I'll definitely take you up on your offer to share notes. Nothing better than brainstorming ideas with other people!

RainLover, I've been browsing the sale ads seeing if I can find a good deal. I surely can afford a new doll but my first purchase would probably be a gently used one. Something I can have fun with and , I'm sorry to say, eventually end up ripping apart. That's one of the reasons I got into engineering, I always liked taking things apart to see how they work! Plus another thing that's holding me back is I'd have to figure out a way to let my wife know my secret obsession lol

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

mineraldenial wrote: Something I can have fun with and , I'm sorry to say, eventually end up ripping apart.
Oh no please!

You can't afford not to nice to a doll . . .

Apart from that, it might give your wife the thought that you might rip her apart too!

How we treat our dolls is often a reflection of how we treat other people. The doll will tell you that herself in due course . . .

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

SiliconeWorld
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by SiliconeWorld »

Welcome and hello! Good luck if you decide to create a doll. There are some for sale on TDF. Which ever you choose keep TDF updated

INFORMATIONS