betterlovedoll.com

Members Only Forums

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.

Member Only Forums should

ALL forums should be members only
10%
SOME forums should be members only (post below)
51%
ALL forums should be visible to members and visitors
40%

Total votes: 63

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Re: Members Only Forums

Post by Bianca »

pulchri-dude wrote:As chat is lately dead...

Chat has been very busy. Mostly late nighters. Some nights running as many as 2 people so I don't ave to talk to myself :)

Seriously though we have been getting from 6 to 12 people in evenings on average. Weekends are busiest.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

MEMBER ONLY FORUMS SET1

Post by itsme »

Bianca wrote:In response to both staff and member polls TDF management has decided to set the following polls to Members Only. This will make trolling of these forums more difficult and provides incentive for visitors to join, which makes for easier moderating.
  • Dolls Alive
  • Bat Cave
  • Open Forum
  • Dolls In General

These forums are all visible but require login to read.

TDF Management

Incentive to join, I but not, Just means you have to log in to read that forum.
But ok if you want to have it this way

pulchri-dude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: MEMBER ONLY FORUMS SET

Post by pulchri-dude »

As Dolls in General is a many doll manufacturers, doll products etc. subforums,
and the definition of to troll means to be logged in, & posting to even be a troll? as all previous troll incidents have done before.

Care to explain how always having to be logged in anyways makes any difference.

I do have to correct the viewer ratio that I posted earlier... it is in fact closer to 1/8 logged in & 7/8 not logged in at any given time.

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Re: MEMBER ONLY FORUMS SET

Post by itsme »

pulchri-dude wrote:As Dolls in General is a many doll manufacturers, doll products etc. subforums,
and the definition of to troll means to be logged in, & posting to even be a troll? as all previous troll incidents have done before.

Care to explain how always having to be logged in anyways makes any difference.

I do have to correct the viewer ratio that I posted earlier... it is in fact closer to 1/8 logged in & 7/8 not logged in at any given time.

What I mean is you have to be loged in to read the members form.
I some time read the form when I am on say like AOL where my pasmord in not saved. and If i want to be able to read the form not I would have to log in. its not a big deal just inconveniont.

WhatMeWorry

Post by WhatMeWorry »

For better or worse, TDF is what it is. Why change now? The trolls from SA did not push TDF underground, I don't see what purpose it would serve now. There are places closed to the general public to discuss dolls already. This would be tantamount to closing the barn door after the horse already ran away. Public, private- Would really not make any difference to me. For new people who might honestly want to know about dolls- Big difference. To Doll manufacturers who show their wares here, big difference. JMHO. :sleeping:
Ha Ha Ha!

Ekkehard

Post by Ekkehard »

IMHO all members and all guests should have the posibility to read our posts and threads, but only members should be enabled to create new posts and threads.

Excluding any threads and/or posts for public reading will be arbitrary. In this case I remember on the north german speech "Was dem einen sin Ul, ist dem anderen sin Nachtigall." - English: "One man's meat is another man's poison."

They cannot do right for all.

Ekkehard

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

never mind.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: MEMBER ONLY FORUMS SET1

Post by Szalinski »

Bianca wrote:In response to both staff and member polls TDF management has decided to set the following polls to Members Only. This will make trolling of these forums more difficult and provides incentive for visitors to join, which makes for easier moderating.
  • Dolls Alive
  • Bat Cave
  • Open Forum
  • Dolls In General

These forums are all visible but require login to read.

TDF Management
OK, I can see Dolls Alive and the Batcave, especially Dolls Alive, as that is for already established doll owners who understand and are empathetic and considerate of the (for lack of a better word) "fetish". But "Open" and "Dolls in General"? Those are the forums that visitors are most likely to go first to learn about dolls and doll ownership!

I can see it now, some potential doll owner, one who is sitting on the fence and worried about wht people will think if he/she gets a doll, who finds their way here and the first thing we show him is how friendly we are by throwing brick walls in his/her face! Image

Sorry guys, but nothing you can post will convince me that it makes any sence whatsoever to put up a guard station at the visitor center's front door! Yes Regis, that is my final answer.
:thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

It's a bit like window shopping... you can see the big brands, and watch as much as you want, but if you want to see the more general information, you need to enter the store to find out about that.

And in the real world, that requires you to touch the door, open it, and enter... on the internet, it requires that you create an account and log in, and that process is not hindered in any way.
So, if a window shopper e.g. a lurker wants to read those forums, he or she simply needs to register and log in.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

siliventurer
Ex-Member

Post by siliventurer »

AlexKnight wrote:It's a bit like window shopping... you can see the big brands, and watch as much as you want, but if you want to see the more general information, you need to enter the store to find out about that.

And in the real world, that requires you to touch the door, open it, and enter... on the internet, it requires that you create an account and log in, and that process is not hindered in any way.
So, if a window shopper e.g. a lurker wants to read those forums, he or she simply needs to register and log in.
That analogy seems a bit messed up. The window shopping/entering store bit is more like anyone reading the title to a forum/thread and then clicking on it to enter to see more details of it without any restrictions, the same as if a shopper can walk freely in and out of the store to find out more.

Registering and logging in is the equivalent to someone being at that store entrance instead in the window shopping example and asking you to fill out a registration card or having you apply for their store credit card (divulging some details about you) before you are allowed to go in and look around. It can get quite obnoxious at some point in my opinion.

WhatMeWorry

Post by WhatMeWorry »

I can think of at least one other forum that can be openly viewed by anyone. May drive people over there. Just saying. OTOH, I can think of another that cannot be viewed without being recommended and accepted. This also has its advantages. Depends on the direction you want this forum to go.
Ha Ha Ha!

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

AlexKnight wrote:It's a bit like window shopping... you can see the big brands, and watch as much as you want, but if you want to see the more general information, you need to enter the store to find out about that.

Excellent metaphor!

All the Doll Forums are viewable, which is most important to the manufacturers and it was when I first came here, so to potential buyers as well. The Doll Matrix is also very important.

The rest is really just for us members to discuss that aren't essential either to manufacturers or potential buyers - for the Open Forum has various topics that do not even have to do with dolls, the Bat Cave is definately nonessential to manufacturers or potential buyers, Dolls Alive which also is not essential for manufacturers/potential buyers of dolls or gaining knowledge and making that a members only section also has to do with the trolling issue.

Only issue people could possibly raise, in my eyes, is the one with Dolls in General, but all the potential Doll Makers here that want a forum/Doll Maker account, must go through the necessary steps in order to obtain one, going through whatever screening process is in effect at the time of wanting to get a forum/Doll Maker account. If they do not want to comply to screening, for whatever reason, then that's their own business.

What about the Eye Candy section? What about the Doll Matrix section? If you make those Members Only, it might curb trolling some more and other things.

photographer

Post by photographer »

Some up my feelings after reading this post.

Seems to be a bad link :(

MiniLoveDolls
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by MiniLoveDolls »

Normally I wouldn't get involved, but I have to say that I think this is a fairly good idea as long as only just a few forums remain closed. The reason I say this is because I get several emails per week/month from people who lost money to one of the troubled doll manufacturers. A lot of the time these people spot a manufacturer and just go straight to the web page and buy without doing any research. In a way, those public forums actually encourage fraud within the doll community. Additionally, this cuts revenue to the trustworthy doll makers, which raises prices and slows development. That of course works against the community as well. Of course, my perspective is going to be different than most because I am a manufacturer, but I thought I would throw it out there for you guys to consider. :)

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

narcissus wrote:It might then be considered a form of parasitism by some Doll Makers/management/staff/members here, then. This does not necessarily mean that other doll manufacturers that don't have accounts/forums here are untrustworthy to deal with though.
Your statement is incorrect. If any parasitism is occurring at TDF it is in fact the other way around. Doll makers who come to TDF just for exposure and sales leads, using smear tactics to persuade their customers elsewhere and give NOTHING back to TDF in return are the parasites, while the 'ethical' doll makers at TDF add content and help to bring traffic here...making them the hosts for the parasites ;).

Quick definitions from WordNet (parasitism) wrote:▸ noun: the relation between two different kinds of organisms in which one receives benefits from the other by causing damage to it (usually not fatal damage)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

INFORMATIONS