betterlovedoll.com

Members Only Forums

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.

Member Only Forums should

ALL forums should be members only
10%
SOME forums should be members only (post below)
51%
ALL forums should be visible to members and visitors
40%

Total votes: 63

Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Formerly known as TG megami - The Frozen North, USA

Re: Members Only Forums

Post by Doll Knight XIX »

cosycottage wrote:<drags Megami into oxygen tent before zipping up hazchem suit and returning to the foray>

You have valid points and I look forward to seeing what the results of this experiment are.

I stand my my own opinion.
*Comes to in a plastic tent* Hmm... When did I go camping? *Unzips the tent and walks outside*

Everyone's opinions are important, because we are all members of the same community. Whether I agree with 'the other side' of the argument (though I don't like making us sound so divided) or not is inconsequential, as this is the sort of discussion that needs happen for growth to occur.

I can understand the concerns of those who want the whole forum to be open to all (to some degree), but I have to go with Midiman on this one. People who are interested in being able to access every forum here will register. Even if they just want to read topics in all parts of TDF, then they'll make their five posts and move on with their lives. Who knows, they may actually become an active member, like myself and so many of the other members here.

When I initially came here, I tried accessing some of the member's only topics, and when I found I could not, I registered. I didn't stop and think 'Do I really want to do this?' for even a second.
cosycottage wrote:In theory it would be great if "signing up" for doll forums was like clicking on a two-for-one pizza deal.

Back in the real world, it's a big step for a whole chunk of the public to go online and register, especially at a "fringe interest", and moreover if people are worried they might start getting emails, embedded cookies etc on what might be a family computer.
The only emails I've gotten from TDF have been one's I've requested. Even then, that's what sites like Gmail and Yahoo Mail are for. You don't need to pay for membership there either. If someone can't or doesn't want to manage more than a single email address, then maybe they should have their own computer.

As for cookies, what site doesn't have cookies? I doubt whatever cookies this site requires say 'LOL! Love Doll Forum Cookie!' or something like that. Even if they did, then the only way someone would see them is if they frequently browsed the temporary internet files. So... Control Panel, Network and Internet Connections, Internet Options, Clear History, *Click all available boxes*, OK. Boom, done, tabula rasa.
cosycottage wrote:The Doll Forum, and other sites you can't type on here for some childish reason, are the shop window for Doll Ownership as well as good links and info for Manufacturers.
...Which gives people all the more reason to join if they want to get more information about dolls and doll ownership than browsing sites like Adam and Eve can give them. I mean, face it, if someone comes here, they're interested in love dolls. As such, they're also probably interested in being involved in a safe community where they can feel comfortable asking questions and being open about their passion for dolls without fear of ridicule or trolling.
cosycottage wrote:Apparently I'm the "hardcore" weird one on here for preferring to dress and play and interact with Kiko rather than only have sex with her and then hang her on a hook and lock her in my wardrobe/coffin/delete as appropriate, which is far more acceptable to have in the 'shop window'.

So yeah, maybe I'm just sore because apparently the 'acceptable face of doll ownership' is more about discussions of lubes and inserts. :?
Hmm... I do the same thing, Cosy, and I just assumed that that was the norm. I dress my dolls up, give them personalities, give them their own voices, and genuinely care for them. I love my dolls, I'd say as close to romantically as one can love an object, like a dream car (but you can't have sex with a car. Well, you probably can, but do we really want to go there...?), and I'm sure many on here can say the same. It's not weird. it's more creative and personal than just taking your doll out, mounting her, and then putting her away. It makes the fantasy so much more satisfying, in my mind, to interact with one's doll in more ways than merely fucking them.

Many people on here seem to have more than a passing interest in their own dolls, and certainly seem to think of them as more than sex objects (though there's no denying that that is what they are). Most people on here seem to have a similar passion for dolls, especially those who would go as far as to have a (or more than one) Doll Account. So, I don't really see this 'acceptable face of the doll owning community' you are talking about.

(Note: Cosy, I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm hoping to generate discussion. I enjoy this sort of thing and I value yours and everyone's opinions, even if I may not agree.

Like I said, this is how websites, and more importantly, communities grow and strengthen. Yet, when debate becomes civil war and one side begins hurling insults and claims of 'this is stupid' or 'that is stupid' without a logical argument behind them at the rival side, then that is where real problems arise. It's best to talk things out, understand each side's views, and come to a mutual consensus if possible. Or, one side can break off and form a new faction, further building the animosity between the two groups who were once equals.)
We will start anew, on here, soon. We can't wait!

cosycottage

Fight Fight Fight!

Post by cosycottage »

TG Megami wrote:[
(Note: Cosy, I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm hoping to generate discussion. I enjoy this sort of thing and I value yours and everyone's opinions, even if I may not agree.

Like I said, this is how websites, and more importantly, communities grow and strengthen.
Megami - as a couple of the 'young bucks' (or 'does' if you prefer :P ) on here, I'm happy to discuss things and argue the point. After all, I'm feeling my way and discussing things is a good way of developing one's own thoughts, as well as taking on board an opposing viewpoint which will come up from other established figures, and also the site owners.

The only point I want to get through is the fact that Dolls Alive is seen as "hardcore", when for me it is one of the unique selling points of the site.
Obviously manufacturers want to shift as many units as possible and anything that widens out the appeal (be it appearances on popular tv shows, documentaries and generally being accepted 'out there') should be seen as a good thing.

Like you say, playing with your doll(s) and the cosplay (and for me personally, the storytelling aspect) should be put to the fore, not stuck in the "back room"

I believe it's counterintuitive. I appreciate that the moderators want to lighten the workload on the sad fuckwipe trolls who want to poke fun at 'the people on the shortbus', but that's the payoff. Personally, I couldn't give a fuck about the little pricks, who would probably busy themselves wanking into their sister's underwear if they weren't allowed on the internet. But I do appreciate that they could be spending their time more productively.

Anyway, you are obviously a silly poopoohead and Kiko and I are going to go sit on another table to drink our milk! :tongue:
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

FTR I accept that members have voted to close Dolls Alive from view. That's democracy in action.

I'm merely clarifying my position, so that there is information out there and a fuller debate, should the bloqueo be reviewed at a later date.

HTH

:)
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

As I said before, I will no longer tolerate any talk about the stuff that happened between Midiman and KeithAllen, and who was right, and who was wrong. So, all talk about it, is now removed, and any further talk about that subject, will suffer the same fate.

This thread is about TDF having Member Only forums, what other forums do, is their business.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Dollover1978
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dollover1978 »

This was a tough one. I think some forums should be private to members. I am really stepping out of my comfort zone just being here. Do you have any idea how much persecution I would receive if my family, friends, colleagues, and people from my church found out about this side of me? I mean here people understand me, but this is the only place that does. In the members registry in the vinyl section we all put up very personal information about ourselves, and photos of our dolls, that is not the kind of information I want strangers to have access to. :|

The chat section should be for members too. We reveal too much of our beliefs and feelings about our dolls and ourselves. Last night I had the greatest conversation of my life, and I do not feel like sharing that with just anyone.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

This was a poll and discussion from a few years ago.
Right now some forums are members only, like Dolls In General, Dolls Alive, Open Forum, The Batcave ("members only" is shown in the forum name).
Other forums, like the manufacturer/vendor forums, are open for guests but they can't post.

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

Dollover1978 wrote:This was a tough one. I think some forums should be private to members. I am really stepping out of my comfort zone just being here. Do you have any idea how much persecution I would receive if my family, friends, colleagues, and people from my church found out about this side of me? I mean here people understand me, but this is the only place that does. In the members registry in the vinyl section we all put up very personal information about ourselves, and photos of our dolls, that is not the kind of information I want strangers to have access to. :|

The chat section should be for members too. We reveal too much of our beliefs and feelings about our dolls and ourselves. Last night I had the greatest conversation of my life, and I do not feel like sharing that with just anyone.
Totally agree,on all points,im here not just to talk dolls, but make freinds, this is supposed to be a safe haven for doll enthusiasts , lets try and keep the trouble makers out. 8)

INFORMATIONS