Starpery.com

Twisted Fingers

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Twisted Fingers

Post by Broven »

So Anna Marie has broken fingers. I think there are two that haven't broken away from the palm plate. It sucks, but it is what it is. Someday I'll find the courage to try the surgery...

But my question is, several of the broken fingers have twisted around so that they are facing sideways, or one of them is almost completely backwards now. See the pic below.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make them untwisted. Has anybody else experienced this and found a way to fix it? And if so, can you explain what technique you used. I've tried twisting them the opposite way, but they spring right back to where they were.

The broken fingers suck, but the twisted thing is really frustrating. It's hard to hide in photographs, and it makes me not want to really look at her hands too closely during our personal time.
20171126_131819.jpg
20171126_131819.jpg (4.04 MiB) Viewed 1729 times
Any help is very much appreciated.

Broven

Edit: Originally posted in the wrong forum. Re-posting here.

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

EBF
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Twisted Fingers

Post by EBF »

Yes, my/Kim's Juliana had it too.
I'm not entirely sure how I fixed it. It's a bit of a puzzle. You can see that her middle finger is slightly rotated. Bend it upwards (at the root), and when bending it down, don;t do that straight down, but with a rotation in the direction you want to correct it, so the tip of the finger makes a circular movement.
I have two AI Neo Yuki dolls: Erika and Kim Ishino. They've got their own thread in the 4Woods forum.
Kim has a girlfriend: Erika Juliana Clark, she's got her own thread in the Yourdoll forum.
And then there is Alexandra Seizinger, who also has her own album and thread.

Lexi (a Phicen/TBleague doll) likes to travel.

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

EBF, you're a genius!

I still have some tweaking to do, but at least her middle finger is facing the right way again more or less.

I did feel like a mafia goon trying to collect a debt doing it though. Poor girl... ;)

Thank you so much. I never would have figured that out.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

My Jyoti had a twisted big toe on delivery. Wire was not broken though. Just kind of off center and twisted. 1st I straightened the wire, then gave the toe a gentle pull outward holding it at the base and carefully twisting it in the right direction. I held it in that position as I gradually released tension. Luckily it stayed that way and is fine now. Not sure if this would work with fingers, but might be worth a try

Kim
Doll
Doll
Location: in the Netherlands with my GF Juliana, my twinsister Erika, Alexa and EBF

Post by Kim »

Broven wrote:EBF, you're a genius!

I still have some tweaking to do, but at least her middle finger is facing the right way again more or less.

I did feel like a mafia goon trying to collect a debt doing it though. Poor girl... ;)

Thank you so much. I never would have figured that out.
Well, it took him about a year to figure it out too :whistle:

Now I wonder, did Anna Marie pay her debt? And did she get some hugs when her boyfriend recollected her?
I have a dollalbum, with loads of nice pics. My twinsister Erika has her own album, which also has some pics of me hanging out with her. We have our own thread where we post our pics. Stop by and say Hi!

Don't forget to take a look at my girlfriend Juliana.

My Lexi visits lots of places. Allison is featuring in her travels. Allison has her own thread too.

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

Kim wrote: Well, it took him about a year to figure it out too :whistle:

Now I wonder, did Anna Marie pay her debt? And did she get some hugs when her boyfriend recollected her?
LOL Well, I don't feel so bad then.

Honestly, if anybody owes anybody anything, it's me that owes her. ;)

RR2017
Ex-Member

Post by RR2017 »

With the help of my brother, who is in the prop business, I've been removing twisted wires from my dolls' hands through existing poke holes or created poke holes.

If you don't mind "no finger bones", which some people find to be a boner-killer, this is a great method, of course it requires the wire or wires have broken free of the palm plate, and an internal straightening of the wires before extraction.

The method doesn't require surgery, or the dreaded TPE glue. And boner-killer or not, wiggly fingers beat the heck out of the twisted variety.

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

I may have to consider that option. I keep untwisting them (more or less) and then somehow they manage to re-twist all on their own. If it wasn't so annoying I would be impressed with how miraculous it is... :P

INFORMATIONS