Starpery.com

best adhesive for repairing ripped finger

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
rdhj
Active Poster
Active Poster

best adhesive for repairing ripped finger

Post by rdhj »

I just discovered that my Luna doll has a finger that is almost all the way ripped off. Happened from quickly shoving her in her bag before my son got into the house one night and guess it got caught on something. I am reading you can use rtv 4500 food grade silicone or sit-poxy. what have others found to work the best. having normal tearing in the openings that i would like to fix too...

also, Lunas joints are totally warn out and make her super floppy. guessing there is nothing that can be done about that?

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: best adhesive for repairing ripped finger

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

I've used Permatex 81730 Flowable Silicone on my Doll Sweet. Worked like a charm to plug a hole.

rdhj
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rdhj »

WaffleAnomaly wrote:I've used Permatex 81730 Flowable Silicone on my Doll Sweet. Worked like a charm to plug a hole.
is that considered an adhesive or is it more of a sealer.....i need something that will hold her finger together

Unknown03
Former Member

Post by Unknown03 »

Is your doll a jm Luna? Mine is about to lose fingers if I don't make some repairs soon. I was going to use Permatex RTV silicone, and it was suggested that I inject it into her fingers as much as possible where the wires are. I imagine you could do something similar if the finger is completely ripped off, too. Let us know how it goes and good luck!

rdhj
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rdhj »

autolycus wrote:Is your doll a jm Luna? Mine is about to lose fingers if I don't make some repairs soon. I was going to use Permatex RTV silicone, and it was suggested that I inject it into her fingers as much as possible where the wires are. I imagine you could do something similar if the finger is completely ripped off, too. Let us know how it goes and good luck!
yes, its a jm that I got from 1AM....

INFORMATIONS