Starpery.com

Turd Flinging Monkey's guide to hand repair

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Turd Flinging Monkey's guide to hand repair

Post by Panther68 »

Hey guys,

Letting everybody know that TFM, Turding Flinging Monkey posted a video of doll hand repair on his MGTOW channel. It was perfect timing since my Anastasia has now broken all her fingers after just 6 weeks. Its more informative than anything that I have found to this point. Time to do some doll surgey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBzac02O7-o&t=494s

Logan569
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Turd Flinging Monkey's guide to hand repair

Post by Logan569 »

Well this is surreal. I'm on YouTube watching MGTOW and Celestina videos on TFM's channel and at the same time, I see your post here on TDF. Very timely as Rachael has a couple of loose fingers. I watched the video. TDF's tips, products used and learning from his experience are going to be very helpful to keep Rachael in tip top shape.

I wonder what make/model of doll Celestina is? Does anyone know?

Thanks for posting this Panther68 and to TFM for the helpful video!

Jaden William
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jaden William »

Thanks Buddy

I just keep the link in case of some tears, will try to repair by myself.

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

Logan569 wrote:Well this is surreal. I'm on YouTube watching MGTOW and Celestina videos on TFM's channel and at the same time, I see your post here on TDF. Very timely as Rachael has a couple of loose fingers. I watched the video. TDF's tips, products used and learning from his experience are going to be very helpful to keep Rachael in tip top shape.

I wonder what make/model of doll Celestina is? Does anyone know?

Thanks for posting this Panther68 and to TFM for the helpful video!

She is a WM 165.

As for myself, I will order the necessary parts on Amazon. Anastasia using her hands is a big part of my photo shoots, so this is a big help.

Mr_Fix_it
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Over the Horizon turn left and about half way up the hill

Post by Mr_Fix_it »

Hey Panther68,
That video is quite informative, I just have one issue with the choice of mask shown. The cartridges on that mask in the video will NOT protect you very well from melting TPE fumes. Please see: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=92732
Please, extra care is vital here!

Fix.

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

CrazyCajun has done a much better job with replacing the hand plates. Please note that CC was working with CinnimonLover who pioneered this technique.

The new hand-plate method is a much better solution. It allows easy replacement of an future broken wires.

New WM doll are a little different than CC is showing. They are more like TFM is showing, but I can guarantee CC's method will work for new WM140s. I'll be posting a full thread about it when I finish MJ's second hand. I have one hand plate replaced, and I will be closing the hand this weekend when I have some time at my house alone.

Logan569
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Logan569 »

grimreefer24601,

Those videos are excellent! I watched both. Where did CC buy the new handplates?
I'll keep an eye out for your upcoming thread.
I've learned so much from TDF and the members here!

Xperiment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Xperiment »

I have to admit, that is quite educational. I am guessing that there is a similar procedure for the feet?

grimreefer24601

Logan569 wrote:grimreefer24601,

Those videos are excellent! I watched both. Where did CC buy the new handplates?
CrazyCajun doesn't buy them, he makes them. He made MJ's new plates also.

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

grimreefer24601 wrote:
Logan569 wrote:grimreefer24601,

CrazyCajun doesn't buy them, he makes them. He made MJ's new plates also.
This is great. Would rather get the upgraded hand plate. I was searching high and low for information on hand repair and for some reason I didn't come across these videos.

grimreefer24601

I'm glad I can help you guy's. CrazyCajun and Miss Atleur are doing some great work with dolls. Subscribe to their YouTube, and check out http://missatleur.com/

I am in process of completing my first hand plate. It's not the same on my Sept 2017 WM doll as the April Atleur video. I'll post a full thread hopefully in a few weeks time. I've modified the hand plates fit my doll. I need to close her substantial wound (mostly caused by her damaged hand). Then I'll fix her second hand with a little more experience.

This is not something that is plug and play. This requires tools, and skill to install. Even if CC made you plates you will most likely have to customize them to fit. In my case this required a dremmel for cutting metal, both on the plate and the dolls wrist. Once to cut off the spot welded bolt (yes my doll they welded the bolt not the nut), and then to remove some edges to make her hand move smoothly.

CC did as well as he could, but the plate had to be modified to fit correctly.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone. I have been able to make it work. CrazyCajun has made it work. CinnamonLover made it work. It's not an easy mod to make, but it's a very worthwhile mod to make.

At this point, I can add myself, I think, as someone with experience on these procedures. If I can answer any questions let me know. If I don't know the answer, I can contact someone who does I'm pretty sure.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

grimreefer24601 wrote:CrazyCajun has done a much better job with replacing the hand plates. Please note that CC was working with CinnimonLover who pioneered this technique.

The new hand-plate method is a much better solution. It allows easy replacement of an future broken wires.

New WM doll are a little different than CC is showing. They are more like TFM is showing, but I can guarantee CC's method will work for new WM140s. I'll be posting a full thread about it when I finish MJ's second hand. I have one hand plate replaced, and I will be closing the hand this weekend when I have some time at my house alone.
Yep Turd Flinging Monkey was well.... ummmm flinging turd. Poorly thought out fix TFM!! CC was THE man to give me the encouragement to get in there and fix it already!!
I'm nowhere near as smart as James, but I do what I can, and usually do ok!!!
We will all miss him and the Miss Atleur team!!

Rest In Peace CrazyCajun!! :angel:

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

Yeah, I believe that TFM has already stated that the wires have since broken again. His Celestina and my Anastasia compensate with wearing gloves. I really don't mind the floppy hand. I just don't like the twisted fingers that I have to try and hide in my photography.

I do have CC's hand plates, so eventually I will install them. Been following your posts on BodyColor. Kudos to you, for trying to continue it. When you get your formula right, do you plan to sell it?

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Panther68 wrote:Yeah, I believe that TFM has already stated that the wires have since broken again. His Celestina and my Anastasia compensate with wearing gloves. I really don't mind the floppy hand. I just don't like the twisted fingers that I have to try and hide in my photography.

I do have CC's hand plates, so eventually I will install them. Been following your posts on BodyColor. Kudos to you, for trying to continue it. When you get your formula right, do you plan to sell it?
TFM did have some decent ideas. I do not knock him entirely. Tops of hands are like a car hood. gotta be nice and clean. It's all part of the show :)
I did order armature wire. Yes, it can get brittle and break. It is aluminum after all. I've even bought plastic coated garden wire at the dollar store. It's fairly durable. and would probably work as well.
I have no idea about body color. :) It's not me. I think I know who you mean though. So many mentors here isn't there? :)

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

Sorry RGC, it was grimreefer that was reverse engineering BodyColor. My mistake.

INFORMATIONS