Starpery.com

silpoxy for TPE ?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
blou2blou2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

silpoxy for TPE ?

Post by blou2blou2 »

Hi,

I just had a new tpe girl and i was wondering if i can use my sil poxy to repair a cut on her feet? I only have a silicone doll so i don't have tpe glue, i have not received tpe glue with my new doll

or maybe i can use super glue ?

thank you

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Re: silpoxy for TPE ?

Post by Dollfriend »

From everything I have ever read on TDF, Silicone and TPE do not Mix in any kind of fashion, Silicone will not stick to the TPE and will eventually fall off, you can not even leave TPE & Silicone touching or damage can occur. Also from everything I have read, Superglue, will dry and leave a hard surface on the TPE, so it might be good for applying Fingernails, but not for repairs. TPE glue is actually a solvent, not a Glue, and there are techniques to be followed when using it, or you could cause more damage. :fadein:

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

The TP in the TPE is for ThermoPlastic.
Heating it up to about 150-200°C depending on the TPE with a hot air gun will normally melt it back together better than any glue. :wink:
Manufacturers do this, too to make the new dolls look better.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Use a tpe glue solvent. Sil poxy won't hold a cut i tried that a time or 2
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

manco

Post by manco »

I wish to try the heat gun, seems the new game. I've had varying success with a soldering iron, so perhaps a combination of the two. In one doll I've a hole at the top of her vag I'm hoping to use rubber cement on so that the glue will maintain a flexibility with the body. I'd like to hear more of people's experience with both glues and meltings.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

I have never tried Heating/Melting TPE for Repairs, but I do recall Reading here on TDF that Melted TPE produces Toxic fumes that are Very Dangerous to your Health, I also believe that I have seen somewhere that TPE is highly Flammable.....People that know something about this should chime in...

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

There was a legend that Permatex flowable silicone would do the job, and after preparation with propyl alcohol perhaps it does. I tried it on the feet of a doll I bought second hand and it worked but I needed to do more work on it and a soldering iron at 200 degrees worked much better.

People recommend a hot air soldering station which blows hot air at the right temperature at the place to be smoothed.

TPE glue isn't really a glue - it's a solvent that eats into the TPE to join it together. Great for deep wounds but not surface ones.

I was down in your part of the world last week for Halloween - I burned a witch's broomsticks so as to break her spell over an 86 year old friend of mine who she'd taken for a ride.
20171031_201055_HDR.jpg
20171031_201055_HDR.jpg (605.76 KiB) Viewed 2116 times
The witch had ridiculed me about sleeping next to a rubber doll. Chloé wasn't amused and helped to break the witch's spell.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

lovedoll1

Post by lovedoll1 »

I used TPE glue when I had to do a small repair made things worse. I was told to take a hot spoon and it would melt the tpe back together. Here is a link for the hot spoon www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQrARHx5MzI

blou2blou2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by blou2blou2 »

Finally i simply bought a tpe solvent, i don't have a hot air gun or a soldering iron actually, but this information is good to know, thanks, also thank you for the video about the spoon, i will have to take my time to look at it and translate it a bit.

Ok, will keep super glue only to apply lashes and fingernails.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Don't use a TPE solvent

It will only make things worse and make a mess. It will eat into the TPE and create holes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220V-Thermos ... 3219263100 is all you need. There are others up to £10 or a little more and perhaps with different shaped tips one can do things in a more refined way.

Set the dial to 200 degrees.

Am I right in thinking that somewhere I've read about TPE being self healing if you let vaseline soak in for a long period?

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

blou2blou2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by blou2blou2 »

haremlover wrote:Don't use a TPE solvent
you sure? because the cut under her feet in very deep, i can see a '' bolt head'' in the skin, tpe solvent was expensive .
haremlover wrote:It will only make things worse and make a mess. It will eat into the TPE and create holes.
i was thinking of carefully wash the hole and then just put a very litte amount of solvent on it, while i keep the scar closed.
haremlover wrote:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220V-Thermos ... 3219263100 is all you need. There are others up to £10 or a little more and perhaps with different shaped tips one can do things in a more refined way.

Set the dial to 200 degrees.
T thought this kind of tool was a lot more expensive than that, i will think about it.
haremlover wrote:Am I right in thinking that somewhere I've read about TPE being self healing if you let vaseline soak in for a long period?

Best wishes

Harem
I really don't know but i read that it is not good to put mineral oil or vaseline on all brands of tpe dolls, so personnally i will continue to just use talc.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

If the cut is really deep then TPE solvent is helpful. You have to put the smallest amount onto a toothpick or craft knife blade and then wipe excess off on the side of the pot. Then smear the applicator along the deep part of a cut. Hold it for one or two minutes. Do it again nearer the surface if appropriate. Better too little and more applications than too much because the solvent eats away at the TPE, eating into it. It's lethal.

Soldering iron application of heat is more for surface grazes and surface cuts.

Standing versions of TPE dolls are really worthwhile to avoid damage to feet and the ability of these dolls to be able to stand, all by themselves, is really stunning. It helps dressing too and saves damage. One can always remove the bolts, unscrew them, if one doesn't want them to get in the way. I did Halloween photos with my Rose which you might have seen (dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=87457) and it made the photos http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p1200008 so easy to achieve.

There's nothing worse than that awful feeling that one's damaged a loved doll.

Yes - talc is great. However for areas of high stress for instance at the join of the upper thigh with the torso at the groin, vaseline soaking in can lead to better elasticity of the TPE and less tendency to tearing. The armpits likewise. Even if a doll isn't used for sex, in dressing arms are raised forward at least and it's here where some vaseline can be helpful. But the better TPE formulas don't split, with luck.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

blou2blou2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by blou2blou2 »

Thank you for this help you give here to my doll :) :thumbs_up:

I will take a look at your topics,
kind regards

INFORMATIONS