Starpery.com

Advice needed: Fixing a small silicone hand abrasion

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Unknown03
Former Member

Advice needed: Fixing a small silicone hand abrasion

Post by Unknown03 »

Luna (My JM silicone 130 cm doll) has developed what looks like an abrasion between her thumb and forefinger:
DSCF2492[1].JPG
After reading through many threads here I think this is what I need to do... can someone please tell me if I need to do anything differently? I plan to clean the wound thoroughly with acetone, then paint permatex over the area using a small paintbrush. The permatext I have is is a bit thick (like toothpaste), but I think I read somewhere that I could dilute it a bit (with acetone?). Then after I've painted over the area, I will sprinkle a little powder on it to keep it from being shiny, then wrap it with plastic warp, being careful to make sure the wrap is smooth. Let it cure for at least 24 hours, and then inspect.

Does that sound about right? She's been a wonderful doll in the short 5 weeks we've been together, but I keep having issues with her hands (I love her little hands!). I guess that is bound to happen since they are so delicate.

Unknown03
Former Member

Re: Advice needed: Fixing a small hand abrasion

Post by Unknown03 »

I guess my main question is this: can I dilute the permatex to make it more paintable over the abrasion? If so, what do I use? Acetone?

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Advice needed: Fixing a small silicone hand abrasion

Post by optical delusion »

This may be a better thread to ask about repairs

viewtopic.php?f=267&t=74013&start=300

Unknown03
Former Member

Re: Advice needed: Fixing a small silicone hand abrasion

Post by Unknown03 »

optical delusion wrote:This may be a better thread to ask about repairs

viewtopic.php?f=267&t=74013&start=300
Wow, a great thread! Thanks for the tip, o.d. I'll ask over there.

INFORMATIONS