Starpery.com

Small scratch with a cut

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Awesome Alligator

Small scratch with a cut

Post by Awesome Alligator »

Hi everyone!

So I received my doll yesterday and she was largely unscathed with the exception of a small scratch on her shoulder. The scratch I’m not too worried about however at the base of the scratch there is a tear in the tpe. I haven’t washed her yet (that’s happening later today) and I’m thinking I should put a piece of tape or something over the cut.

Is this right? To prevent any water from getting in?

I’ll post pictures later when I get time but I thought I’d go ahead and check with you guys about it because sometimes forum replies can crawl in.

Additionally I’m fairly certain that it’s the type of injury that can be repaired with just tpe glue and not major surgery. You have to actually spread the scratch to know it’s a cut. Like it’s closed otherwise if you know what I mean.

Anyway thanks for the tips!

-Awesome

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Small scratch with a cut

Post by Panther68 »

Taping can cause more damage to the skin(TPE).

If it were me, if its a small scratch, put some vaseline on it and wash around the scratch. The vaseline will help smooth out the scratch and since it repels water, it will keep water from getting into the cut.

I am only a 2+ week doll owner, so their might be some veterans out there, with additional tips.

Good luck

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Small scratch with a cut

Post by ZannyDanger »

Yes you can try to repair the tear with tpe glue, or with the hot spoon method shown here: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=257&t=81004

Note: please do this in a well ventilated area if going with the heat method.

I have done several small repairs with the heat method myself, works very well!

Best wishes,

ZD

INFORMATIONS