Starpery.com

Noelle has hurt her elbow

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
kruiser
Ex-Member

Noelle has hurt her elbow

Post by kruiser »

This has been a problem for around 4 months now where I noticed a blueish colour on her right elbow where the joint is and it has gotten to the point where it has now torn through the skin and created a hole. I can't prolong a repair anymore and I need to fix her. From the looks of things, a roundish nut is the cause and is covered in a bit of mesh, so I am assuming I need to put something around this nut that won't tear through the skin but i'm not sure what to use. I don't think sealing the wound will be a problem, I plan on using super glue first for the under part so I get a partial seal then use tpe glue for the top part so I get a clean finish.
I hope these pics will be enough so I can get some guidance on a fix.
Attachments
IMAG0952.jpg
IMAG0952.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 1231 times
IMAG0950.jpg
IMAG0950.jpg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 1231 times
IMAG0954.jpg
IMAG0954.jpg (1015.03 KiB) Viewed 1231 times
IMAG0953.jpg
IMAG0953.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 1231 times
IMAG0955.jpg
IMAG0955.jpg (994.63 KiB) Viewed 1231 times

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Noelle has hurt her elbow

Post by samara78 »

Place a thin clothe wrap around the joint to start with. Then order the repair kit from indigo or hot melt tpe onto the closed wound. Use isopropyl to prep the repair.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

If no material is all there then the little pot of glue should be enough.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

kruiser
Ex-Member

Post by kruiser »

hmm, so clean the area with isopropyl, wrap some cloth around joint ...do I glue this around the nut? Get some tpe and melt it so it becomes liquid like...what consistency should it be and do I do it when the arm is straight or bent? Do you have a link for the indigo repair kit?

bobbydoll

Post by bobbydoll »

Dolls for All
All for Dolls

Indigo20
Former Member

Post by Indigo20 »

No alcohol :!:
I don't know how often I have mentioned it in the past that alcohol is causing micro-cuts inside the TPE structure and in addition it makes all TPE blends dry, brittle and cracked.
If a solvent hits such a damaged TPE structure you are causing more damage.
Why do you want to harm a repair location in addition deep inside the structure with damage :?:
In addition, the elbow is a location with high material stress :!:

Please learn, that because of the situation that we have now so much different TPE blends, it is not more possible to throw everything in the same "TPE pot".
If you are talking about your doll, you have to tell the brand.
If you are providing a recommendation, you have to tell for which TPE blend it works.

Examples:
- The TPE glue from WM Doll (=cold-welding adhesive) works only for Jinsan.
- My repair kit supports Jinsan and DH168, as written in the manual and described on Sandro's Dollstudio webside.

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

Hi kruiser, That blue stain has got me wondering if there is any copper in the joint? Maybe a washer or something?
If so, it might be an idea to swap it out with stainless steel before you seal her up.

Tyr
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

kruiser
Ex-Member

Post by kruiser »

It would be good if there was a video on how to seal holes like this, I don't know what the skeleton looks like and I don't want to blow money on something that will just make things worse. So for now I cut up some towel cloth and put that over the nut and super glued the area, I don't expect it to hold because I need some tpe to fill the hole and blend it together so it's just temporary for now.

TripleA
Doll
Doll

Post by TripleA »

If you need some TPE, PM me with the make and skintone of your lady and I may be able to help in that department!
April Annabelle Atleur - AKA - TripleA

My Gallery Link: http://missatleur.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=10003

INFORMATIONS