Starpery.com

Help, hole from adjustments.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
CptPolish
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Help, hole from adjustments.

Post by CptPolish »

Im a new owner, just recieved Clara a few days ago, upon inspection I noticed a small hole on the outside right wrist, which Im assuming was from adjustments. Its the size of a pea, my main concern is that it may spread, obviously. Other than that I am very happy, i have contacted the company, waiting for a reply, but I wanted to get opinions from owners as this probably has happend to some of you. Easy fix? Any suggestions?
Attachments
20170716_014254.jpg
20170716_014254.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1740 times
My Clara Album
~Captain Polish

CptPolish
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Help, hole from adjustments.

Post by CptPolish »

This is TPE btw
My Clara Album
~Captain Polish

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

Doesn't look to bad, since there seems to be a hole and not a tear i would recommend either getting some tpe filler from lovedoll uk, or indigo's tpe repair kit. dont forget to specify what skin tone and manufacturer tpe blend you need! :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=247&t=86023&hilit=tpe+filler
viewtopic.php?f=227&t=84000&hilit=indigo+repair+kit

If it was just a tear i'd say go with tpe glue but in my opinion filler could do a better job in this case.

If you're feeling particularly adventurous, you could always try what i did here viewtopic.php?f=87&t=87007 and melt a little chunk of spare tpe material into the hole to close it, but without seeing exactly how big the hole is i can't recommend this method without any doubt.

CptPolish
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by CptPolish »

Thank you! I didn't know they have a filler, I will look into that for sure! that was actually my second thought lol about using a piece of the spare TPE, but the hole is very small and I don't think I would be confident enough to get that method right, I feel like I watched TPE glue mishaps too much on TDF, It scares the crap out of me lol, probably a good thing as I'm not experienced... at all.. lol I couldn't get a great pic my phone camera has issues with close objects apparently, it looks more like a hole as apposed to a rip and its not deep from what I can tell, maybe 1/8th of inch tops. thank you again!
My Clara Album
~Captain Polish

Bismarck4000
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bismarck4000 »

Have you tried using a heating iron? There's a few videos on YouTube that show you how to repair a TPE doll.

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

For a much older TPE doll, I once cut off the doll's little toe and used the material along with some TPE glue to effect repairs. This is not something I would recommend for dolls that are still in good condition though.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

http://bootycalldolls.com/dolldesire/tpe_care.htm
Scroll and you can watch a couple videos.
I agree, TPE glue, if used incorrectly can make things worse.
Best,
Jeff and the BCD Girls
"We turn dreams into reality"

INFORMATIONS