Starpery.com

I think Ami has another problem. (not for the squeamish)

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

I think Ami has another problem. (not for the squeamish)

Post by Tyr »

I decided to buy an endoscope for Ami, as I have had problems with her since she was new. So I have a look in her mouth, and find she has a hole in the top of her head. Ok no problem, she doesn't do oral. (I don't care for the Bart Simpson expanding head effect.) So I have a look up her Puss, Now this don't look right.
20170616184612.mp4
(18.31 MiB) Downloaded 1527 times
I think something's missing, am I right? Shouldn't there be a plug or something there? It's a good job we practise safe sex, we could have had an accident! The shiny wet look is Vaseline, which she receives regularly now.
Ami is due for some major surgery shortly. I'm going to buy a repair kit from Indigo 20 and try to rebuild her. the current repair has lasted about 8 months but you can see the state that she is in now. So I guess I'll try to fit a cap in there too.(how? speculum?) or do I bother, She has never been immersed in water and is now cleaned with baby oil, so I don't think moisture will be a problem. I have one or two questions for anybody who has used the repair kit, I know it has received rave reviews but can you successfully glue additional pieces of new TPE into an existing body? Is the mix of repair paste stable enough to rebuild a dolls labia without running down into a puddle due to gravity, I am assuming, that all if the loose bits will have to be cut away to get to 'good' base TPE?
It will be a little while before I will be ready to start surgery, but there's nothing like being prepared. :-) If anyone has knowledge of such repairs and is willing to impart said knowledge I will be grateful.
As an aside, I had no idea that the moulding inside her was so detailed, I'm actually quite impressed. :-)
Thanks,
Tyr
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

Kaori
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: I think Ami has another problem. (not for the squeamish)

Post by Kaori »

I have a similar inside job on my list, except whilst the end of the hole is plugged, it's not sealed. I've explored passed the plug and can see the frame.

Would like to hear from anyone who's got a repair method for this too please.

Just to confirm, mine's TPE
Attachments
170611205434 plugged but not sealed.jpg
170611205434 plugged but not sealed.jpg (17.22 KiB) Viewed 1581 times

random o meter
Former Member

Post by random o meter »

Samara78 = doll repair guru type person who helped me with some advice on skin care..

Edited as hit post to soon.
Back for a bit, like corn in your sh..

esp
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by esp »

Surely not all tpe dolls are made with this hole in there. Maybe only certain brands I'm hoping. This shouldn't even be an issue
Why would you need or even have to have a hole there?

BigJoeBuck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BigJoeBuck »

mine is
"love is the only engine of survival"-Leonard Cohen

"all those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain"-roy batty

there are only three kinds of people those who make things happen those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

You can clean one time inside with90% alcohol. Then get a canula and syringe and plug the hole with silicone adhesive. Or get indigos kit which wpuld be awesome
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

I just ordered a speculum for this same reason. I adopted a doll which has no TPE ball to plug this hole, and I wish to be able to seal it. At the moment, I'm hoping to use some xylene mixed with tpe. Unfortunately, I can only find xylene in one gallon containers (for $20) which seems like over-kill, considering how little of it I should need.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

samara78 wrote:You can clean one time inside with90% alcohol. Then get a canula and syringe and plug the hole with silicone adhesive. Or get indigos kit which wpuld be awesome
I was under the impression that TPE and Silicone don't play well together. Is Silicone-adhesive really a good idea to use here?

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

Hey lilbitlonley, be careful with xylene. I tried a mix of TPE and xylene some time ago. It worked fine on a test sample, but when I tried it on Ami it ate into her body. I ended up with a massive hole that I had to repair with a large chunk of sample TPE. I think Indigo 20's kit is gentler in it's reactions with TPE, well that is what I'm hoping.
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Hi Tyr. Thanks for the info. I was actually planning to mix the two externally, and then apply as a soft cap over the hole, to blend/harden inside of her. But if you think this approach is still too risky, then I will save myself the expense of the xylene.

INFORMATIONS