Starpery.com

TPE Repair advice for courier damage - cuts and compression

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Aber

TPE Repair advice for courier damage - cuts and compression

Post by Aber »

Hi TDF,

my TPE LeAnne arrived in a terrible state with cuts from strapping and who knows how her arm got this damage:
Arm damage
Arm damage
IMG_3943.JPG (151.68 KiB) Viewed 3280 times
IMG_3944.JPG
IMG_3944.JPG (141.44 KiB) Viewed 3280 times
Arm damage detail
Arm damage detail
IMG_3933.JPG (171.94 KiB) Viewed 3280 times
Compression cuts due to plastic strapping
Compression cuts due to plastic strapping
IMG_3928.JPG (509.74 KiB) Viewed 3280 times
She has been standing up in my bedroom since she arrived so most of the shape has come back to her glorious bottom:
IMG_3945.JPG
IMG_3945.JPG (159.76 KiB) Viewed 3280 times
PassionDolls has generously supplied me with extra glue and extra TPE samples that are the same colour so I can attempt some repairs.

Is it possible to clean and repair the deep cut at the top of her arm?
I'd like to be able to sponge her down without worrying about water getting into the skeleton at the arm.

Can anything be done about the compression cuts from the plastic straps that held her down to the pallet?
They do not go to the skeleton so are in effect cosmetic but I could fill them in with extra TPE.

Thanks in advance... :)

Aber
MechadollUSA 95D (2016): Heated, 3 Faces: Brigette, Sophie, Laura; skin tone:normal, no fuzz, plain nails
Doll Sweet 145+ (2016): 3 heads:Lilith, sKayla, DoraCE; white skin, tight joints, no fuzz, no nails
Maidlee Doll Maid-Fong: Head 2, built-in oral and anal
PassionDolls 158cm pre-order with massive boobs and Trina head

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: TPE Repair advice for courier damage - cuts and compress

Post by CF »

So sorry to see the damage to your doll.

Do any sellers (vendors or manufacturers) offer postal insurance, so that a full refund can be obtained in the event of damage in transit?
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

Yikes! Is that even the couriers fault? Unless the box was practically bisected when it was delivered, it looks like a terrible packing job instead. That's some crazy shipping damage and I'd be heartbroken.

edit:
held her down to the pallet
What? Pallet? wtf?

MoviePilot
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MoviePilot »

WaffleAnomaly wrote:Yikes! Is that even the couriers fault? Unless the box was practically bisected when it was delivered, it looks like a terrible packing job instead. That's some crazy shipping damage and I'd be heartbroken.

edit:
held her down to the pallet
What? Pallet? wtf?

I just saw your other posting...

viewtopic.php?p=1096096#p1096096

Totally unbelievable.

Boobiologist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Boobiologist »

I agree, the scope of damage presumes the doll replacement or full refund.

xsdolls
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by xsdolls »

I am quite sure there has to be a 'misunderstanding' - contact Doug at PD, I am sure he will send you a replacement body.
XS Dolls™ - Setting the Standard
www.xsdolls.com - 1.800.605.5656 - support@xsdolls.com

Latest Dollcast Video:
XS:DC - S01E04 - Sanhui 156/E Review

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Your Doll arrived in one of the worst conditions I have seen on this forum, a bottle of TPE glue will probably make things worse unless you really know what you are doing, Sorry to see this, If my doll came out ofthe box in that condition I would implode...

CrashTW
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CrashTW »

The only way you are going to repair that is with Indigo20's repair kit and experience dealing with TPE repair.

That damage is insane. It definitely looks like plastic strapping, like the kind used on pallets or on cases of paper to hold product in place roughly, was used to hold the doll in place in whatever they shipped in.
That would have to qualify as the worst way to package a doll I have heard of.
TPE is very soft, and that plastic strapping is "hard" by comparison. It will easily slice through TPE.
xsdolls wrote:I am quite sure there has to be a 'misunderstanding' - contact Doug at PD, I am sure he will send you a replacement body.
Was this doll purchased from PD or did PD just offer to help you out with some solvent and TPE material for repairs?
The post does not positively state if it was ordered through PD or an outside vendor.

If you ordered it through PD, I would follow George's advice and reach out about the state the doll arrived in.

If it was another vendor, ehhh... I would ask for a replacement or refund, but I do not trust vendors outside of TDF.

If you are left with no options or chances to receive a new body or a refund, I would contact samara78 for some advice, they are the uber-god of doll repair on TDF, and speak with Indigo20 about what you might need from his kit and order it.

Repair is possible, but you will definitely need the correct tools to avoid further damage or incomplete repairs that leave ugly marks all over the doll.
Getting those tools can take a little bit of extra time, but will also set you up to be fully prepped for any future damage through use or accident.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I agree this type of damage is not acceptable. Never seen a used tpe doll that messed up before! At least a partial refund should be applied. If not an outright replacement.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by PassionDolls »

Let's not all jump to conclusion.

The client was issue a compensation/refund. So that's not the issue.

This doll was send months ago and not something that is recent. The client was already compensated. A replacement doll was not possible at that time due to the country origin and during that time has banned importation of doll. It was too risky to send another so a compensation/refund was issued.

The TPE and stain removal was send to the client at our own expense.

I believed he just asking for assistance to repair the doll. I believed the client though it would be nice to be able to repair it and would be a waste to throw it away (I would agree). The topic was not about how this doll was damage or issue with replacement. That's already taken care of. It was about how it can be fixed this damage doll.

I would suggest use krazy glue or some very strong glue to glue back the big gap. TPE glue for the smaller gap.

Stain will eventually fade, but using mineral spirit or stain removal cream I send will help to get the stain away faster.

I'm no expert on melting the TPE, but I believed there is some health hazard to that and maybe someone can give him some guidance on that. Melting them could helps cover up the lines, but again I'm no expert on this. Maybe someone here can help him out.

Aber is an awesome guy and a valuable client. I wish this had not happen to him. I hope someone could help him out with this.
ImageImageImage
Passion Dolls - Sex Dolls & Love Dolls - Check out our large selection of TPE & Silicone Doll Offering
BUY FROM AN AUTHORIZED & TRUSTED SOURCE! - PASSION DOLLS

***** IF YOU HAVE NOT CHECK OUT PASSION DOLLS YOU ARE MISSING OUT *****

Why choose us? READ HERE >>>>>>>>>>> WHY CHOOSING WHO HANDLE YOUR ORDER IS SO IMPORTANT
USA Vendor/Manufacturer. Hundreds of happy customers worldwide and growing!

PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by PassionDolls »

CF wrote:So sorry to see the damage to your doll.

Do any sellers (vendors or manufacturers) offer postal insurance, so that a full refund can be obtained in the event of damage in transit?
We do. And the client already was compensated.
ImageImageImage
Passion Dolls - Sex Dolls & Love Dolls - Check out our large selection of TPE & Silicone Doll Offering

Why choose us? READ HERE >>>>>>>>>>> WHY CHOOSING WHO HANDLE YOUR ORDER IS SO IMPORTANT

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

I'm just baffled how she ended up on a pallet. Either the factory shipped her out that way which is hilariously incompetent.

..or someone unboxed her, did who knows what else, and led to this. Might want to be disinfecting that doll in addition to repairing 8O

PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by PassionDolls »

WaffleAnomaly wrote:I'm just baffled how she ended up on a pallet. Either the factory shipped her out that way which is hilariously incompetent.

..or someone unboxed her, did who knows what else, and led to this. Might want to be disinfecting that doll in addition to repairing 8O
The factory did not ship her out that way. It was TNT. At that time we had no choice but to use TNT as other carrier stop shipping doll to the client country of origin.

I guess he, unfortunately, got his doll shipped at a bad time. If it wasn't for all that importation mess I don't think we'll have this issue. Nevertheless, the client was compensated by us.
ImageImageImage

CrashTW
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CrashTW »

PassionDolls wrote:Let's not all jump to conclusion.

The client was issue a compensation/refund. So that's not the issue.

This doll was send months ago and not something that is recent. The client was already compensated. A replacement doll was not possible at that time due to the country origin and during that time has banned importation of doll. It was too risky to send another so a compensation/refund was issued.

The TPE and stain removal was send to the client at our own expense.

I believed he just asking for assistance to repair the doll. I believed the client though it would be nice to be able to repair it and would be a waste to throw it away (I would agree). The topic was not about how this doll was damage or issue with replacement. That's already taken care of. It was about how it can be fixed this damage doll.

I would suggest use krazy glue or some very strong glue to glue back the big gap. TPE glue for the smaller gap.

Stain will eventually fade, but using mineral spirit or stain removal cream I send will help to get the stain away faster.

I'm no expert on melting the TPE, but I believed there is some health hazard to that and maybe someone can give him some guidance on that. Melting them could helps cover up the lines, but again I'm no expert on this. Maybe someone here can help him out.

Aber is an awesome guy and a valuable client. I wish this had not happen to him. I hope someone could help him out with this.
Hey PD.
This is why I did not jump to any conclusions. Since he posted that the doll arrived like X, the only conclusion with the available data was it was recently delivered as such. If it was in fact ordered through you, since that was not positively stated in the post either, beyond the extra TPE and solvent, I was confident you would correct the issue as best as possible.
My compliments on helping them and sending extra solvent and TPE material even after the refund to try and help out as much as you could.

Melting TPE leaves scars behind, and for damage that severe, it would likely be some bad scarring.
I would still suggest they contact samara78 for advice and speak with Indigo20 about what they need in one of his repair kits and order one of them.
With the right tools, that damage can be fixed with minimal scaring.

For the compressions, warm water controlled by a something like hot water pack to heat the material up and see if it will regain its shape. Possibly some gentle massaging of the surface area.
The doll will most likely have some lasting marks or compression marks, but the cuts/rips should be able to be repaired with Indigo's repair kit and some patience.

INFORMATIONS